Car You Drive = Manliness?

Chrysler 300 Limited. Pimp shit. Drives girls my age nuts

[quote]Professor X wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
belligerent wrote:
I drive a Camry and I don’t think it’s very manly…

It’s better than my civic

I got stuck in a Civic once.

Damned midget sized passenger seats.[/quote]

You should try my Toyota Aygo…

I disagree with everyone that knocks the Miata,but it has to be DRIVEN. No automatic and no sedate highway cruising, but give me autumn in the Green Mountains and a winding road and I would be in heaven. The Miata is the true heir to the Spitfire.

TQB

I drive a Dodge Ram dually quad cab- perfect for hauling the boat I intend to get next. :wink: (I actually take public transportation and ride my bike now quite a bit to save on gas, so all you hippies can kiss me arse.)

Random conversation last week as I got out of my truck to head into Safeway:

Burly dude: “Holy shit, that’s not your truck… that has to be your boyfriend’s right?”
Me: “Why can’t it be mine?”
Burly dude: “No seriously, that’s not your truck, is it?”
Me: “Yeah, actually it is… I have a really small penis.”
(Burly guy stands slack-jawed and shopping cart gatherer boy giggles in background)

[quote]Artem wrote:
bulldogtor wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions and comments. An Infiniti seems like a safe bet. I might be able to find a G35 sedan around that price. What do yall think about a BMW 3-series? They’re pretty popular so they can’t be too bad with reliability I’m assuming. I’m not so sure about insurance. A convertible isn’t too hard to come by, either.

You can get a used '98-'00 ish M3 for under 10k. They’re extremely reliable, handle better than the mazda, are not a faggoty miata, and are just much better cars. You can also have adult-sized passengers. [/quote]

A G35 for 10K? No way. Maybe for $13K and I’m talking a 2003.

If he can get an M3 for under 10k - he’d have to go to an auction, really - then go for it but I do not trust the Ms as older cars; most people have driven them pretty hard.

The M3 did not impress me with its engine (I drove a '99) but the handling was awesome. I wouldn’t want it as a daily driver, though. Too much road vibration, poor dampening.

But I’ll take a used, 1998 540i sport with 6sp transmission. Talk about torque…

If you were cool, then you’d drive a yellow, '76 Camaro.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
If you were cool, then you’d drive a yellow, '76 Camaro.[/quote]

That looks like a '73 Camaro I had. It only got uglier the more I drove it. Of course dirt track racing, drag racing, and general tom-foolery left it looking like it had just gone thru the final car chase in “Death Proof”.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

If he can get an M3 for under 10k - he’d have to go to an auction, really - then go for it but I do not trust the Ms as older cars; most people have driven them pretty hard.

The M3 did not impress me with its engine (I drove a '99) but the handling was awesome. I wouldn’t want it as a daily driver, though. Too much road vibration, poor dampening.

[/quote]

This M3 convertible was bought for $10k (not from an auction), and it was purchased from the OP’s home state (in Atlanta). Fun as hell to drive, but repairs on cost a shit ton.

1967 Ford Mustang Fastback… Doesn’t get much more manly than that. However, the only way to get it under 10k is to buy a project car, and then you’ll have to restore it and it’ll end up way over 10k anyway…

Camaro’s are pretty cheap in comparison though…

And there’s no real manly car that’s cheap on gas. Sorry dude.

Little BMWs can fuck themselves when you’ve got a Jensen Interceptor with a fat V8 engine

I would skip the manly car until you are willing to shell out for it. Just get something fun to drive and reliable like a Prelude or RSX.

[quote]theAnj wrote:
I drive a Dodge Ram dually quad cab- perfect for hauling the boat I intend to get next. ;)[/quote]

Marry me?

OP, look around for a second generation acura CL-S. It’s not a convertable, it is a coupe, however. Get the 6 speed and you have a fast, fun, reliable car to drive.

You’ll be able to find a sweet one for around the price you’re willing to spend.

Note: if you do get this car, do NOT get the automatic. The auto trans’ are AWFUL. The 6 speed manual is excellent, though.

96-98 mustang cobras can be had w/ low mileage for under 10k. I had one…I used to get 20mpg around town, and it had surprising reliability.

I think your choice is clear:

EDIT: Pic doesn’t seem to working, I’ll try again.

This is what I’m talking about:

“Damn that bike phat as hell”

you could get an early-mid 90’s sports car for 10 grand dude, in GOOD condition too.

Nissan 300zx’s
Mitsubishi 3000gt’s
Lexus SC400

or you could be cool and drive a 76 Camaro.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Artem wrote:
bulldogtor wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions and comments. An Infiniti seems like a safe bet. I might be able to find a G35 sedan around that price. What do yall think about a BMW 3-series? They’re pretty popular so they can’t be too bad with reliability I’m assuming. I’m not so sure about insurance. A convertible isn’t too hard to come by, either.

You can get a used '98-'00 ish M3 for under 10k. They’re extremely reliable, handle better than the mazda, are not a faggoty miata, and are just much better cars. You can also have adult-sized passengers.

A G35 for 10K? No way. Maybe for $13K and I’m talking a 2003.

But I’ll take a used, 1998 540i sport with 6sp transmission. Talk about torque…
[/quote]

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/905552736.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/902963961.html

That’s just from one search. There are lots of M3s out there and they’re very reliable cars.

Seconded on the bmw 540

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback… Doesn’t get much more manly than that. However, the only way to get it under 10k is to buy a project car, and then you’ll have to restore it and it’ll end up way over 10k anyway…

Camaro’s are pretty cheap in comparison though…

And there’s no real manly car that’s cheap on gas. Sorry dude.[/quote]

x2 on the fastback, but even the non-GT/Shelby fastbacks are mad expensive for project cars anymore.

The good thing is old cars are easy to fix. I get confused when I look into a modern car’s engine compartment and there isn’t enough room for a litter of kittens and a keg of beer.

So, since we’re on the topic of cars and manliness I was just wondering if the (new to me) douche bag fad of big brass balls on the back of pickups (it apparently shows people that the driver has balls) caught on anyhere else?