I thought I would lighten the mood up 'round here.
I am a car nut. I love cars and I love car stereos. I thought I would start a thread dedicated to cool cars, car mods, and/ or bitchin' sound systems.
My car isn't much to behold, it's Nissan Sentra Spec-V. It's ok, BUT I did upgrade the sound system. I used to be heavily in to it in my youth, even competed. I didn't go for looks in my car, all the shit is hidden in the trunk but is sounds amazing and it's loud as shit.
-Alpine cde-123 headunit
- Rockford Fosgate Power 550X 4 channel amp for mids and highs.
- Rockford Fosgate Power 800 pushing the subs.
- Polk Audio 6 1/2 separates in the front doors (hardest crossovers to wire!)
- MB Quart 6 1/2 Coaxials in the rear deck (bought in the '90's when MB Quart first came over. There was only one line.)
- 2 Diamond Audio 10" D3 subs in a vented enclosure built to the exact design from Diamond Audio. These subs are unreal. I got 400 watts going to each sub, but I swear I could double the power...
I have been temped to go down to a single sub, but because of the impedance I can't do it. I can't bridge the amp down to 1 ohm, it will melt.
I also think this could be a good thread for troubleshooting too. Got engines noise? We can fix that. Cold Air kit won't fit? There's an app for that!