Car Runs on Water

A Japanese company (who else) has it.

You tricked me with a story about Harrison Ford. For shame, HH! For Shame!

I have invented a car that runs on water.

I call it a “boat.”

There is a car running on water, there was a whole documentary on it.

It’s a fairly interesting watch.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
You tricked me with a story about Harrison Ford. For shame, HH! For Shame![/quote]

I must have F’d up. There is a story on Reuters about a mini-car that runs on water. Mike may have it.

I’d like to invent a car that runs on pollution, then exhausted distilled water. Now THAT would be cool!

Rickrolled and Fordrolled all in one thread!

I HATE THE INTERNET!!!

*suicide’d

Edit:
Also, I think you guys might be talking about this:

Honestly I think it must have been a fake, but there is a whole backstory about how the inventer was poisoned and the car mysteriously stolen (probably by Bush!) but one thing the internet has taught me is that an interesting backstory and legit looking vidclips doesn’t make it true. Nothing anywhere to suggest it’s actually possible to run a car on water alone, and make it at all efficient.

Edit again:
As I suspected, caveat emptor:

Ok, final edit:
This is the story from Reuters, about a Japanese car company that invented a car that runs on water. No video, no pictures, nothing really to suggest it’s legit.

But at least it’s not a fuckin rickroll…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
You tricked me with a story about Harrison Ford. For shame, HH! For Shame!

I must have F’d up. There is a story on Reuters about a mini-car that runs on water. Mike may have it.

I’d like to invent a car that runs on pollution, then exhausted distilled water. Now THAT would be cool!

[/quote]
I’d like to build one that runs on environmentally friendly rhetoric. Then Gore can earn his Peace Prize by supplying humanity with an unlimited source of energy.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
Ok, final edit:
This is the story from Reuters, about a Japanese car company that invented a car that runs on water. No video, no pictures, nothing really to suggest it’s legit.

But at least it’s not a fuckin rickroll…[/quote]

This is interesting. I would love to know what technology makes this work. It consumes water and I would like to know what happens to it from end to end. It is unlike a hydrogen fuel cell which performs reverse osmosis to create electricity and returns water; I am wondering does this car emit hydrogen? That could be pretty dangerous considering how unstable it is.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/06/15/is-genepax-for-real-a-car-that-runs-on-water-highly-unlikely/

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Reuters | Breaking International News & Views?

videoId=84367&refresh=true[/quote]

I suggest you invest your lifes savings.

For more information:

[quote]nephorm wrote:
For more information:

[/quote]

If this is indeed true it will provide a huge leap for society. I am really curious about the material used in the MEA.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Reuters | Breaking International News & Views?

videoId=84367&refresh=true

I suggest you invest your lifes savings.[/quote]

How many people did Sam Walton invite to plunk down a measly $1000, back in 1980 (or so)?

A better investment?

Good god. I remember back when /b/ started the rickroll… right after the Duckroll got played out.

You people have raped and destroyed a funny meme. So sad.

Well, /b/ is dead from cancer, so I can’t really complain much… sigh…

[quote]100meters wrote:
A better investment?

It depends. According to the article, they would need 205 square miles to produce enough oil to service all of the needs of the US.

But of course, that isn’t necessary… even if they could supply 5%, that would be huge.

I don’t know that it is a good idea to think of these alternative strategies in terms of better and worse… none of them are viable enough to take over completely, and we will need a mix of all sorts of energy strategies to insure energy independence and improved efficiency across all technologies.

That’s one of the things that irks me about the nuclear lobby… they often present nuclear technology as the solution to all of our energy problems. It isn’t. More nuclear power plants would help, but we will have to employ many different technologies to eventually solve the whole problem.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
It separates the Hydrogen from the Oxygen but to do that takes more energy than it can produce…it’s a loser. Next.[/quote]

No, hydrogen, takes little to no energy to produce. It can come about through a process called osmosis in the presence of certain metals like aluminum via oxidation. The energy issue comes about when hydrogen needs to be compressed. This system does not compress the hydrogen. An other issue is that once the aluminum (or what ever metal is being used) becomes completely oxidized it needs to be either cleaned or replace. My guess is that the membrane this system uses is much more efficient than metal and probably uses some sort of polymerized nanotube configuration to strip off the oxygen.