Car Love Thread

[quote]Aggv wrote:
If they only imported these to the states… 450hp (stock) 178mph and your dog can come too. [/quote]

AGGV, that is a beautiful, and dare I say practical, auto. I want!

[quote]Aggv wrote:
if i were to build a muscle car, it would be this. [/quote]

My uncle owned a 1970 Charger RT, with the hemi. He bought it new. He NEVER drove it fast, in fact he used to frustrate other drivers by sticking exactly to the limit. His excuse - I pay taxes, I`ll drive the speed I want. I remember that he had an aftermarket, segmented rear view mirror that stretched across the windshield, from pillar to pillar. I like to see the whole road. What an abomination, on a gorgeous car.

He’s a link to the 2013 RS6 Avant. Check out the stats on this fucking station wagon. 560 HP and 24 MPG.

"The 2013 Audi RS6 Avant, fittingly red with rage in its press photos, is here. It’s engine bay holds the 4.0-liter TFSI V8 with two twin-scroll turbochargers and cranks out 560 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque â?? that latter figure available from just 1,750 rpm. This gets people and their cargo from 0-to-62 miles per hour in 3.9 seconds. Top speed on the standard wagon is 155 mph, while wagons fitted with the Dynamic package are able to get to 174 mph and those with the Dynamic Plus package go all the way to 190 mph.

It’s about 220 pounds lighter than the previous generation RS6 Avant and fitted with stop/start and cylinder deactivation, so combined fuel economy is 24 miles per gallon â?? that’s 40 percent better than before. Shifting happens via an eight-speed tiptronic with improved shift times and a long eighth-gear ratio to boost highway mileage."

I thought the RS6 had a V10.

Did they drop it to a V8?

a high revving V10 is the best sounding motor imho

Skylines

no bumper, but a nice ass none the less

[quote]Aggv wrote:
no bumper, but a nice ass none the less[/quote]

I like that.

Is it yours?

S4, but the RS4 turbos bolt right on…

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
no bumper, but a nice ass none the less[/quote]

I like that.

Is it yours?
[/quote]

Nope, i just have a S4 sedan, it’s silver, coilovers, cat-back, big brakes, and the software upgrade. Holding out on the turbos since they still work fine, and i dont have the $$ to replace them. Hopefully theyll last for awhile

Cosworth, another car i wish was imported state side.

bring the dog…

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

Did they drop it to a V8?[/quote]

Looks like.

I really liked the limited edition 2003’s that came out in the states. I saw a low miles/mint one on craigslist recently and almost bought it for my third car, but I had a few business things in the pipe I needed the cash for. They wanted like $24k for it with less than 40,000 original miles. I’ve seen good condition/higher miles one of the same year going for mid 30s.

RS4 widebody on a S4, the kit cost $10k plus the installation.

only yellow vehicle i’d ever own

I wouldn’t mind a jacked up Golf R:

yes, i believe it’s got a hemi

dub love

maybe the dog wants a V8 RS4 (the 2.7 twin turbo V6 RS4 is faster)

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

Did they drop it to a V8?[/quote]

Looks like.

I really liked the limited edition 2003’s that came out in the states. I saw a low miles/mint one on craigslist recently and almost bought it for my third car, but I had a few business things in the pipe I needed the cash for. They wanted like $24k for it with less than 40,000 original miles. I’ve seen good condition/higher miles one of the same year going for mid 30s. [/quote]

I found this Top Gear link with the video for the sound of the new RS6 V8 engine
( I prefer the V10 from the Ferrari in previous video ):

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/audi-rs6-avant-video-2012-12-11

My husband really liked the audi for the V10. Not many ( BMW M5? ) V10 engines on the US market left?

We also looked at the Citroen wagons on Craigslist as well as the audi wagon.
And a Pegeaut pick up truck that was as tough as a mule ( the name escapes me ).

Nada.