Captains of Crush

[quote]shizen wrote:
coc got me into various grip stuff so I do lots of pinch now as well as thick bar stuff. [/quote]

lol … im very immature

[quote]mr47930 wrote:
Fenris wrote:
CoC’s are great! If you’re looking to bring up your forearms, though, you need to also:

-Chin
-Deadlift
-do Heavy barbell Rows
-Farmer’s Walks/ Holds
-do Olympic Lifts

Sounds like you’re already doing most of this. I used to have girly forearms, then I started doing 50 pullups or chins in a workout (not straight- just as many as I could get in a set until I hit 50) and my forearms exploded in size.

sounds like a plan ill have to give that 50 pullup deal a shot sometime, im a pretty big boy though at about 230 so it might take a while[/quote]

Even better! I was about 220. I started off with 5 rep sets, then had to drop to 3, and then did about 10 2-rep sets. It takes awhile, but it’s worth it. I also used Pavel’s Greasing the Groove principal- essentially anytime I was near something that I could do a pull-up or chin on (and wouldn’t look like an ass doing it) I did one clean rep with perfect form. Try to get in at least one a day and your CNS will become very proficicient at chinning.

Another great forearm exercise is to pull yourself up to the bar and just hold for as long as you can in the top position. You can also do chins with a towell- just drape the towell over the top of the bar, grab it, and go to town. These will really fry your grip.

I’m a fiend for grip training right now. It’s the weak link in my deadlift, and I’m jonesing fro a new PR.

Of those of you that have closed the #2, how many reps of the #1 were you able to do when you first closed the #2?

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
Of those of you that have closed the #2, how many reps of the #1 were you able to do when you first closed the #2?

[/quote]

around 10-12 then bought a #2 and closed it first try. It could have been sooner though since it wasn’t too hard-this is using a set btw I couldn’t no set it first try hah- If you have a #1 just buy a #2 and try some negatives with it anyways, you could be closer then you think. It gets much harder to progress after a #2 to like 3. Then going to 3-4 is like going from a #1 to 3.5 or something ridiculous like that I’ve heard.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
The COC grippers will help with grip strength and deadlift PRs but I would not count on grip training to bring up lagging forearms. I found wrist curls, hammers and wrist extensions to be much better at training forearms than grippers.[/quote]

… and reverse curls.

When crushing a gripper have done with it after crushing as fully as you can. In other words don’t wallow in crush failure zone for extended periods.