Captain's Log Over 40 Powerlifting

I’m trying to link my log from The Training log forum.
It is titled Captain’s log. If I realized sooner, I would have started out here.

Thanks for the invite Steve/eco.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/captains_log_pl

Glad to see you over here. A lot of good guys and experienced lifters here(as you already know).

Glad to have you on board. Checked out your log. Strong lifting. Look forward to your posts.

Welcome to uhhh… ummm… where the hell am I again? Oh yeah! Welcome to the old guy section…

looks like we are both newbies over here.

now… who can help me get hawt abz. i wanna look just like Brad Pitt in fightclub.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:

now… who can help me get hawt abz. i wanna look just like Brad Pitt in fightclub. [/quote]

Your asking the wrong guy for hawt abz. I love food, beer and not overly fond of cardio, except riding my bike when it’s nice out.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Damn - I’m late! Welcome Danjo.

now… who can help me get hawt abz. i wanna look just like Brad Pitt in fightclub. [/quote]

lol! Meat’s cardio consists of chasing pencil neck geeks around intersections…

That’s way to funny!

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:

now… who can help me get hawt abz. i wanna look just like Brad Pitt in fightclub.

lol! Meat’s cardio consists of chasing pencil neck geeks around intersections…

[/quote]

i think you are giving me too much credit. i believe i made it to the back of my car and then to the front of my car. it’s a pretty long car though…

Week 4 Day 3

Squat
BWx20
45x15
135x10
235x3
280x3
330x3 / 2 sets
355x2 / 3 sets

Bench
135x10
175x3
215x3
250x3 / 2 sets
285x2 / 4 sets

Narrow Bench
245x6 / 3 sets

45* Back Extensions
+45x4 / 4 sets

The start of winding down of the Sheiko five week.

Great workout. Whats next after Sheiko?

I’m not too sure for the immediate future, but I will do Sheiko again. I think unload for a week, b/c I feel I need the rest. I’m going with the family to Disney for a week so no training then. I think I will do a month of my own 5 rep non linear program I used to do.

I plan on the USAPL New England on May 22nd, but we’ll see what nursing school has in store.

I’m very interested in the 5/3/1 for when nursing school starts. I know I will have to subordinate my training then, and it looks like it may provide me the tools to train.

Really like your workouts. Big lifts, direct and to the point. Guess this is Sheiko? Take it you’re going to nursing school. I think Heavythrower is an ER nurse. He works some long shifts. Have fun at Disney.

Welcome to the old farts club, where men are still made of steel & ships of wood! I am keenly interested in seeing your peaking cycle for the 5/22 contest. I was hoping to go to the USAPL NJ States on 4/4 but there are no entry forms available yet, & no ad in PLUSA & meet is ~8 weeks away, so I may be looking for something else local around that time. Enough of my BS, again welcome and good luck in your training.

Welcome to the old school club!

The 5/3/1 program is flexible and quick compaired to what you’re doing now. I could finish a workout in 1/2 hour. Plus I was happy with the gains I made. I will stray back to it soon.

I’m way damn late. But I would like to extend my greeting to the old folks home! I like your training.

Dan, sorry I’m late. Great workout, btw. welcome to the old farts lifting guild.
Old Lardass