T Nation

Captain of Crush Vs Heavy Grips

Someone can tell me about the difference between the two?

Will a 100lbs of pressure Captain of Crush gripper equal a 100lbs of pressure heavy grips gripper?

Thanks a lot!

not sure how the 2 compare with = resitance. but my 1st gripper I bought was the lightest elitefts had. I think it was heavy grips 60 or 80 .lbs. wayyyyy to easy!!! I’ve never done grip work and am new to it. I think my grip is pretty weak. so few days later I bought captains of crushers @ 100 lbs. still easy. can probally get about 35-40 reps in before having to stop. I think they both r good. heavy duties r cheaper. but have read the captains of crushers are better. gonna have to buy the 150 captains of crushers next. not sure if this helps.

I don’t know about the heavy grippers. I have 3 COCs (trainer, 1 & 2), but if I had to choose one gripper, it would be the Ivanko Gripper (which I have). It is adjustable to many levels of grip strength and I doubt that you will need more than it can give, but if you do, you can just add another spring.

Both COC and Heavy Grips are of the same excellent quality. The Heavy Grips go up to 350 lbs.

[quote]GYM DENIZEN wrote:
Both COC and Heavy Grips are of the same excellent quality. The Heavy Grips go up to 350 lbs. [/quote]

This is not my experience, COC are better quality.
I believe HG ‘season’ quickly and to a greater extent(get easier with use).

If you want to know about relative gripper strengths visit the gripboard, there is a ton of info there.

The COC grippers will maintain their resistance for ages because of the steel quality used in the spring.

I love the COC but the ivanko or VG2 gripper is a bit more versatile for training.

-chris

COC grippers are top of the line.

Heavy grippers are more economical.