Captain of Crush Optimal Training

sup men. i was wondering if any of you had great success with grip strength and how you did it. i know some people use regular walmart grippers everyday but i don’t think that would be the case with these, i placed an order for the number 1 yesterday (hopefully i can close it) I’m just wondering how often to use it. i was thinking twice a week on my pull days and just use it tip i can’t use it anymore. heres what my current plan is

workout A
deadlift 1x4
OHP 4x4
bicep curl 3x8
farmers walk

wokout B
bench press 4x4
squat 4x4
row 4x4
close grip bench 3x8

i plan on using it hardcore (lol) on workout A day so that would be twice a week. does anyone else have better suggestions?

sorry if this is in the wrong section.

does anyone still use these? or did you all give up at 2? lol

Get into rock climbing and your grip will go through the roof.

lol not the response i was looking for but that really is some great advice and i appreciate it. maybe that can be a future hobby

[quote]AbsuM- wrote:
lol not the response i was looking for but that really is some great advice and i appreciate it. maybe that can be a future hobby[/quote]
When doing chins or pullups, only wrap the last two digits at most over the top of the bar, it will work the forearm and improve hand and finger strength. Also, if you have an empty squat rack, set the bar so that it is just below the height of your fingertips when your arms are straight down. This will be trial and error to figure out a good weight, but grab the bar as normal, and lift it up, then do a slow opening of the hand until the bar is just about to slip off the fingers. Set it down, grab it again and repeat 6-8 times, mainly working just the eccentric phase of the lift. Its the only eccentrics that have ever done me any good, and many top climbers use this for finger and grip strength.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
Get into rock climbing and your grip will go through the roof.[/quote]
Truth. I used to do some rock climbing years ago, and nothing has compared to the grip annihilation.

A few things about grip though OP. There are multiple kinds of grip strength, for example crush grip strength, static grip strength, and pinch grip strength. Arguably for powerlifting, only static grip strength is useful.

So with that in mind, when you are training with the CoC grippers, use a heavy one that you can only close a couple times or so and do static holds with it. Close the gripper and keep it closed as long as you can. You can even try heavy negatives or assisted holds pushing on the ground with one end to help you keep it shut. This is typically vastly more useful for building the grip you need that just pumping out reps with a gripper like you’d see on TV or something.

Another thing you might try is simply deadlifts or holds with a fat bar (or fat grips on a bar) or pullups with fat grips.

You know there are programs out there specifically designed to improve your grip strength, yes?

I have them from the sport through to the #3, and 2 imtug’s. I havent trained with the grippers for years but can still close the #2 when i get the urge to try. Personally they only build crushing strength and they dont carry over to other aspects of grip like supporting or pinch but they are fun.