Captain of Crush: left hand disproportionaly weak?

[quote]Sybersnott wrote:

[quote]Kardash wrote:
I might be cursing - but CoC’s (and support grip by dead’s and pull’s) are the only type of grip training I’m using. Also, because I keep being able to rep out the #1 with R but cant get the final close on my left, my committment is dropping.
I can get it beyond parallel with the left, it’s just the damn final squeeze I can give 6-7 times with my right, I can’t do once with the left.[/quote]

I would say you need to really work on your left a lot more than on your right just to bring it up to the same level as your right. Do you have access to a grip machine? If not, you can do timed holds and negatives with the #2. BTW, stop with all the damn reps on the grippers. Reps are for show - do overcrushes and severe negatives on your #2.

Any questions? BTW, I certified COC in 2002 in case you were wondering about my advice.

Now go do what I say! THE GREAT AND MIGHTY SYBERSNOTT HAS SPOKEN!!
[/quote]

A grip machine? Well we have a pulley in the gym to which you can add weight, and then you have to ‘twist’ your wrists to move the weight up… but I don’t think that’s what you meant?

Just to be clear, to close the #1 you advice me to train with the #2 - or was that a typo?

Finally! Progress.

CoC #1
Left hand: 2 closes! Out of the blue, I think it’s because I added regular chinups to my routine (didn’t really do grip work for a while)
Right hand: 8-12 closes

Next stop: #2 … since I don’t have the 1.5 - wish me luck!