Captain of Crush - Elbow Pain

Started using the CoC #1 and all seemed to be going well, but now when I bench, deadlift or use the CoC i get alot of discomfort in my elbow. Exact spot is on the inside of my elbow just where my forearm meets the elbow joint.

Any suggestion on what it might be or has anyone experienced the same?? Have had it for a couple of months now, not enough to stop me training but just annoying.

Any input would be great.

It could be tendonitis, or epicondylitis (tennis elbow). I’ve personally never experienced it, but I know someone who has run into that in the past while working towards the #4. Generally it occurs as the tension of the gripper increases. But, there’s really no reason why it couldn’t occur with the lighter grippers.

How are you training with it currently? Are you using really high frequency or volume?

You may actually want to back off from using it for a week or two and see if that alleviates the problem.

Good luck and good training,

Sentoguy

Thanks Sento, i’m just about to post my training but i don’t think the volume is especially high, think i might just give the grippers a rest. You know what its like with a new toy…

a shot from the doctor will sill help immensely with feeling good again.
(or you can take ibuprofen and fish oil for months with little relief)

I honestly wouldn’t suggest going to the doctor just yet. Often times just backing off and letting the body heal itself will work.

If it was a chronic condition that had existed for months/years then I would agree that something like a cortisone shot might be necessary. But not in this case.

hmmm not sure its bothering me that bad to warrant a visit to the doc. What kind of shot are we talking here???

corticosteroid

it reduces inflammation.

its pretty standard procedure.

hurts more for the 1st day…but then you are magically cured.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
I honestly wouldn’t suggest going to the doctor just yet. Often times just backing off and letting the body heal itself will work.

If it was a chronic condition that had existed for months/years then I would agree that something like a cortisone shot might be necessary. But not in this case.
[/quote]

Agreed. Try an OTC anti-inflammatory first for a few days to see if the pain subsides and lay off the gripper for a couple of weeks. If the pain persists then see a doctor.