Capt America: The 1st Avenger (Spoilers?)

Apparently Marvel has found their actor for Captain America/Steve Rogers:

This was found at comics board where they pointed to the following site:

Captain America Ben Ryan Metzger Captain America Actor AKA… | Flickr

You need to copy the entire string and paste in your browser.

No idea who he is. Could be rumor, but there are some compelling discussions indicating this is indeed Cap.

Great jaw for the role. What’s his acting like?

Just an ordinary English actor really. The guy has like… 2 movies, both of them practically B category.

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:
Just an ordinary English actor really. The guy has like… 2 movies, both of them practically B category. [/quote]

Christopher Reeves was a soap opra actor, Hugh Jackman was playing gay men in theatre. I’d almost prefer a no name actor, that way the director can mold them and they don’t come with an ass load of baggage

He has the look.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
BluePfaltz wrote:
Just an ordinary English actor really. The guy has like… 2 movies, both of them practically B category.

Christopher Reeves was a soap opra actor, Hugh Jackman was playing gay men in theatre. I’d almost prefer a no name actor, that way the director can mold them and they don’t come with an ass load of baggage
[/quote]

I can somewhat agree to that but there are times when an unknown just can’t do the role justice. Hayden Christiansen and Brandon Routh are the examples I think of.

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
BluePfaltz wrote:

I can somewhat agree to that but there are times when an unknown just can’t do the role justice. Hayden Christiansen and Brandon Routh are the examples I think of.[/quote]

I think Routh suffered more from bad script itus than anything else, but yeah lil’ darth is a douche

First Batman and now Cap. A frickin British invasion.

But he fits the bill as Cap. Nose is funny looking or I’m just being nit-picky. He has 2 years to get some serious training in.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

But he fits the bill as Cap. Nose is funny looking or I’m just being nit-picky. He has 2 years to get some serious training in.[/quote]

Sadly our current crop of american soyboy actors could not produce a Captain America now

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

Sadly our current crop of american soyboy actors could not produce a Captain America now[/quote]

Now THAT is what is sad about it.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Backlash79 wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
BluePfaltz wrote:

I can somewhat agree to that but there are times when an unknown just can’t do the role justice. Hayden Christiansen and Brandon Routh are the examples I think of.

I think Routh suffered more from bad script itus than anything else, but yeah lil’ darth is a douche [/quote]

Yeah, it’s tough to say about Routh because I don’t think he’s been in anything else where would could comment about his acting ability. Christensen, on the other hand, has shown in other movies that he can be just as wooden and uninteresting as he was in the Star Wars movies.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Great jaw for the role. What’s his acting like?[/quote]

Yeah, but what causes his big jaw line? More of that HGH use or something.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

You mean Christian Bale? He’s Dutch.

And Hayden Christiansen is one of the worst actors I’ve ever seen. He looks like he’s grinding his teeth whenever he talks. His “rage” wasn’t very convincing in the Star Wars flicks.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

And Hayden Christiansen is one of the worst actors I’ve ever seen. He looks like he’s grinding his teeth whenever he talks. His “rage” wasn’t very convincing in the Star Wars flicks.

[/quote]
It was however comical

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

It was however comical
[/quote]

Yeah, I was so happy to see Vader go from a bad ass to a whiny little bitch. At least we know where Luke got it from though.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

It was however comical

Yeah, I was so happy to see Vader go from a bad ass to a whiny little bitch. At least we know where Luke got it from though.[/quote]

I just remember in Attack of the Clones laughing my ass off when he says “I killed the women and the children too” so funny

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

It was however comical

Yeah, I was so happy to see Vader go from a bad ass to a whiny little bitch. At least we know where Luke got it from though.

I just remember in Attack of the Clones laughing my ass off when he says “I killed the women and the children too” so funny
[/quote]

That’s not as bad as the fireplace scene. “I’m haunted by the kiss you never should have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar.” Who fucking talks like that?

I apologize in advance for making everyone think of that scene.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

[/quote]

You Bastard!!

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

It was however comical

That’s not as bad as the fireplace scene. “I’m haunted by the kiss you never should have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar.” Who fucking talks like that?

[/quote]

This is why I fast forward to the fight scenes. Because before reading your post, I didn’t know Anakin even looked at a fireplace.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

It was however comical

[/quote]

Mine eyes the goggles zey do nothing