Can't Sleep

When It gets night time I am never sleepy and I am always craving really bad. I’m taking wondering if it’s because of my workouts, I’ve realized that my last 2 days workouts has been more fatiguing than activating so this past 2 days I’ve been pigging out at night.
But more or less, I still can’t sleep through out most nights even with sleeping pills.

fitness4lyfe, maybe you should have sleep study test done. This way if you have sleep apena they the drs. will set you up with a c-pap machine which keeps your airway open to breath. This could be your problem. Something to think about.

Sleep is hard to pin down the culprit.

Make sure your room is completely dark (no lights, even tiny electronic ones), keep room temp around 68*, avoid watching TV or high stimulus stuff an hour or so before bed.

Maybe try meditating, or taking a hot bath or shower.

You could also look into Z-12 sold on here, awesome stuff.

Personally I’ve found 500mg of magnesium (oxide) works wonders for my sleep quality.

There are better magnesium compounds though.

[quote]fitness4lyfe wrote:
When It gets night time I am never sleepy and I am always craving really bad. I’m taking wondering if it’s because of my workouts, I’ve realized that my last 2 days workouts has been more fatiguing than activating so this past 2 days I’ve been pigging out at night.
But more or less, I still can’t sleep through out most nights even with sleeping pills. [/quote]

Working out will tend to increase your hunger depending on intensity etc… I can never sleep when I’m hungry, others may be different.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:

[quote]fitness4lyfe wrote:
But more or less, I still can’t sleep through out most nights even with sleeping pills. [/quote]

Working out will tend to increase your hunger depending on intensity etc… I can never sleep when I’m hungry, others may be different. [/quote]

This. I tend to work out around 6:00, and I’ve noticed that the heavier the lifting, the more wired I am that night. Can also get some pretty intense carb cravings. A good bit of magnesium citrate and 3 mg of melatonin usually does the trick for me.

To echo what others have mentioned, I’ve found time release melatonin and taking magnesium to be helpful with a good nights sleep. Also lowering the houses temperature at night helps me too. Recall this article from Dr. Briffa’s sight with mentions on other ideas to try for a good nights rest.

“A brief guide to better sleep”

My training sessions are during earlier in the day, before I go to bed I just take the elite mineral pro and some melatonin as well… Apparently my energy is so potent I can diminish the effect of melatonin O.O.
On the other hand I’ve started to realize a bit more drastically once I started doing IF. My energy has just been sky high. Any thoughts?