T Nation

Can't Sleep.

It’s killing me. 2:30 am on tuesday night again and I’m awake.

I know how important sleep is for recovery, and it’s kind of obsessing me since I’ve always had trouble sleeping. I have to wake up at 5:30 6 days a week, so I always try to go to bed early but I rarely fall asleep immediately.

It became an issue recently, as I now have tuesday off and can sleep all I want. I’ll normally get up to 11 hours of rest, which feels awesome after a week of only 5-7. But then the night after, I just can’t sleep for shit.

I don’t think I even closed my eyes since 9pm. Fuck I don’t even feel tired, could go run a marathon right now.
I trained like a bastard today like I always do on tuesdays hoping to be so tired that I’ll just crumble, but it doesn’t work at all I’m just more trashed the day after.

I already feel like shit and I know that I’ll be sore and pissed all day.

If any of you know any supplements that could help me, or have any tips at all, it would be greatly appreciated.

same boat brother. ive got classes in 4 hrs too.
melatonin

I never fall asleep. Well, unless I’m trying to stay awake anyways. Sometimes that’s the best way; try to stay awake. And don’t sleep late on Tuesdays. You should always wake up the same time no matter what day it is.

I feel your pain brother, it’s 12:42 and I am not even tired, I am planning on going and taking a cold shower so maybe I’ll lay down. My problem is not going to sleep per se but actually getting into bed, because I know I am not tired, but what usually helps me fall asleep is reading a book. Right now I am trying to finish Tucker Maxes first book. Does not help that I live in dorms and everyone is playing music (low) but I can still hear it.

2 here. Got a test at 10, and I haven’t really studied. Probably why I can’t sleep haha.

Z-12??? I’ve never taken it but I hear it works wonders, otherwise smoke some weed that works…

[quote]Dylanj wrote:
same boat brother. ive got classes in 4 hrs too.
melatonin[/quote]

melatonin+ b6 + magnesium caps + zinc caps

homemade sleeping pill/ZMA and it costs alot less too.

I take it every night, if I have a little insomnia like tongiht Im just going to knock myself out with benadryll.

Thanks for the responses guys, at least I’m not alone lol. I’m awake now I managed to get about 1.5 hours of rest before waking up 10 minutes ago.

I heard about the miracles of ZMA but I thought the purpose of it was to improve your sleep, not actually help you fall asleep faster?

Rub one out.

used to have the same problem…Z-12+ZMA has worked great…

One thing I noticed that may be a problem (it was for me) is not having the same schedule everyday…I know it sucks to get up at the same time on your days off but sleeping 5 hours then sleeping 11 hours the next day will mess up the biological clock big time.

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:

I trained like a bastard today like I always do on tuesdays hoping to be so tired that I’ll just crumble, but it doesn’t work at all I’m just more trashed the day after.

[/quote]

how late in the day did you train? I know if I train hard in the evening I can’t fall asleep for hours afterwards. It sucks too, rugby practices are from 8-10 2 or 3 nights a week, usually can’t sleep til 1 or 2 am afterwards and have to get up at 6:30 for work the next morning.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Rub one out. [/quote]

usually gets me

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Rub one out. [/quote]

Dude I don’t know when I jack off before bed I only think about doing ti again and can’t sleep -_-’

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
Kataklysm wrote:

I trained like a bastard today like I always do on tuesdays hoping to be so tired that I’ll just crumble, but it doesn’t work at all I’m just more trashed the day after.

how late in the day did you train? I know if I train hard in the evening I can’t fall asleep for hours afterwards. It sucks too, rugby practices are from 8-10 2 or 3 nights a week, usually can’t sleep til 1 or 2 am afterwards and have to get up at 6:30 for work the next morning.[/quote]

Good question, usually I lift at night but on tuesdays I practice MMA from 1230 to 1500. Did some conditionning afterwards. So I don’t think that’s an issue for me.

Anyways, thanks for the responses I’ll look into ZMA.

after working out going to boxing and grappling i sometimes cant sleep, if you come up with any thing good let me know,

and having meaningless amazing sex is fun but its never helped me get to bed… atually i take that back it did until i woke up an hour later and wanted more

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Rub one out.

Dude I don’t know when I jack off before bed I only think about doing ti again and can’t sleep -_-’[/quote]

Are you telling me that after you’re done, you still have the urge to do it again. Insatiable, man.

That was really the only advice I had, since it usually works for me.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Kataklysm wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Rub one out.

Dude I don’t know when I jack off before bed I only think about doing ti again and can’t sleep -_-’

Are you telling me that after you’re done, you still have the urge to do it again. Insatiable, man.

That was really the only advice I had, since it usually works for me.[/quote]

X2,

It works so don’t knock it.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Kataklysm wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Rub one out.

Dude I don’t know when I jack off before bed I only think about doing ti again and can’t sleep -_-’

Are you telling me that after you’re done, you still have the urge to do it again. Insatiable, man.

That was really the only advice I had, since it usually works for me.

X2,

It works so don’t knock it. [/quote]

X2? So you think he should whack off twice then?
add hot shower and random textbook if you still can’t crash