T Nation

Can't Sleep on My Side Now

OK - noob question. I’ve been working out for over 4 months now.

I have added 15 pounds to my frame hit 200lbs this week, chest has grown from 44 to 48, my arms have grown from 13.75" to 15". I am 38 y/o and do a full-body workout 3x’s a week.

Here’s my issue. I used to love sleeping on my side, but now (in the last few weeks) when I do, my arm will go to sleep. This had never happened before, and I have to sleep on my back all of the time now. Has anyone else experienced this? any advice?

I get that some times as well it has nothing to do with the gym work, I was getting it before I started working out.

I’ve just started taking 4 caps of fish oil in the morning and 4 at lunch I havnt had the problem since I have started doing this but I don’t know if it has anything to do with the fish oil as I only get it every now and then apart from that I got no idea.

dude it’s cuz you’re huge.

prof x has to sleep standing up now.

i think CT actually sleeps suspended in a cocoon type harness.

i have to sleep in OG’s bed. but that’s because she has silk sheets.

i dunno man, if i have a girl sleep over and she ends up sleeping with my arm under her, i’ll have to move around or my arm will fall asleep.

but who sleeps on their side anyways? sleep on your back man, it’s good for you

tuck your arm differently, up and away from you. thats what I do and it works pretty good.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

but who sleeps on their side anyways? sleep on your back man, it’s good for you[/quote]

I do and I am a trend setter!

i have to sleep in OG’s bed. but that’s because she has silk sheets.

i dunno man, if i have a girl sleep over and she ends up sleeping with my arm under her, i’ll have to move around or my arm will fall asleep.

but who sleeps on their side anyways? sleep on your back man, it’s good for you[/quote]

I didn’t know prof X actually slept!

Thanx - I’m not huge by any stretch of the imagination, but working towards that goal!

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
tuck your arm differently, up and away from you. thats what I do and it works pretty good.[/quote]

thanks! I’ll try it.

prof x doesnt sleep, he is either trainning, eating, or saving lives

[/quote]

rofl

Happened to me, just keep at it, you’ll get used to it again, do some soft tissue work to get yourself less tight as well