Can't Sleep After Afternoon Powerlifting Training

Some of my friends and I have the same problem. We work out in the afternoon, get dinner, and when it’s about 9pm, we get too tired so have to sleep for a while, about 30 min, (it’s really uncomfortable if not have this nap), then don’t feel sleepy or can not sleep until 2-3 am. Is it bad to stay up until 2-3 for powerlifting?

Are you taking pre workout? If so uhh stop I guess or get up earlier in the morning. Lol i wake up at 430am for work get home around 430pm workout from 6 to 8ish and I’m asleep by 9

1 Like

No supplement except Whey mixed with Bcaa after workout

So you are sleeping in the afternoon until 9PM and you don’t understand why you can’t sleep after that?

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion. I mean I usually have a nap at 9 when working out in the afternoon, for about 30 min.

Just go to sleep properly at 9? … ‘an hour before midnight is worth 2 thereafter’… rings true fo a lot of people

2 Likes

Yeah, just go to sleep at 9-- or don’t take the nap and just go to sleep later at like 10 or something if you have extra stuff you need to get done.

1 Like

Have you tried going to sleep like an hour after your workout instead so it’s not as late?

Edit: just realised this is 10 months old lol, sorry for the unnecessary bump.

1 Like