Can't Regain Lost Weight

Six months ago I started a physically demanding job. Since starting the job, I’ve lost 15 lbs. The problem is that quite a bit of that lost mass is muscle. I wasn’t eating enough to maintain my physique.

I’d like to change my diet so I can start making some size and strength gains.

After noticing my huge weight loss, I increased my food intake. I was eating 3000 calories a day, and I now eat roughly 5500 calories a day. My increased food intake is just enough to maintain my current state.

Since adjusting my diet, I’ve stopped the weight loss and I feel a lot better. I’m still not making any gains in the gym, though. I’m currently very uncomfortable with the amount of food I’m eating. I hate eating at this point.

My current diet consists of mostly healthy solid foods. I’d love to add some shakes, but my stomach reacts badly to protein powder. I’m lactose-intolerant and I’m allergic to eggs.

I realize that I need to eat more. At this point, it seems that some sort of liquid meals are likely my best bet.

Any ideas?

[quote]eiverson wrote:
Six months ago I started a physically demanding job. Since starting the job, I’ve lost 15 lbs. The problem is that quite a bit of that lost mass is muscle. I wasn’t eating enough to maintain my physique.

I’d like to change my diet so I can start making some size and strength gains.

After noticing my huge weight loss, I increased my food intake. I was eating 3000 calories a day, and I now eat roughly 5500 calories a day. My increased food intake is just enough to maintain my current state.

Since adjusting my diet, I’ve stopped the weight loss and I feel a lot better. I’m still not making any gains in the gym, though. I’m currently very uncomfortable with the amount of food I’m eating. I hate eating at this point.

My current diet consists of mostly healthy solid foods. I’d love to add some shakes, but my stomach reacts badly to protein powder. I’m lactose-intolerant and I’m allergic to eggs.

I realize that I need to eat more. At this point, it seems that some sort of liquid meals are likely my best bet.

Any ideas? [/quote]

Yup ya need more intake plain an simple

as for protein your Lactose intolerant try a high quality protein Like Metabolic Drive has most of the lactose removed Ive heard many ppl dont have a prob when using it.

Other then that you may just have to Unclean the diet a bit as well. You need to eat for your goals and that may mean losen up a bit

Phill

Fat is very calorie dense. Eat more healthy fats.

Sipping liquid calories throughout the day might help. All natural fruit juice, and maybe something like gatorade.

The Amish eat what would be considered a very unhealthy diet, bacon and eggs fried in butter, pancakes and syrup, pie, but are still very fit because they do hard physical labor all day.

Eating unclean doesn’t have to mean McDonalds and Snikers bars, but it can include some of the things that give nutritionists bad dreams.

Thanks guys. I’ll get my hands on some Metabolic Drive and I’ll unclean the diet a bit.

What’s the best way to get significant calories from healthy fats? Not sure what fats to add to my diet.

[quote]eiverson wrote:
Thanks guys. I’ll get my hands on some Metabolic Drive and I’ll unclean the diet a bit.

What’s the best way to get significant calories from healthy fats? Not sure what fats to add to my diet. [/quote]

Nuts are great and portable a big bag of mixed nuts, olive oil, fish oils, coconut, low sugar rich dark chocolate, avacado, whole eggs, meat.

Phill