Can't Handle the Rage

Hey Eales, are you hypoglycemic? I’m nowhere (like NOWHERE) near as knowledgeable as the other guys who’ve chimed in but here’s a thought I had:

As this is your first cycle is your body (with its up-regulated hormonal/metabolic functions) reacting to changes in blood sugar that are occurring more rapidly than before?

Again, I’m not an expert, but I know I get VERY short with folks when my blood sugar crashes and that’s without any sort of outside chemicals/hormones increasing my metabolism.

Just a thought, good luck with the rest of the cycle.

I would definitely invest in a punching bag, or some martial arts classes, or something useful besides weight lifting for your “roid energy” (love the term btw)

I used to have a terrible temper, years of martial arts have cooled it out for me. I think you would do well to find an outlet outside of the gym and away from your wife for this. Even if you come off the cycle, you still know that now you have potential temper issues, and they have to be straightened out regardless, cycle or not.

you ultimately control your actions. end of story bro.

you have some good feedback above.

Thanks very much to all for your feedback,

I am very interested in what winger 11 said about blood sugar levels, I had not given this a thought, my father and grandfather had diabetes at an early age and its something that I am paraniod about.

I have been eating a ultra clean diet lately and that means almost no sugars, I think when I lost my temper in the loft I maay have been de-hydrated. Because I do not normally lose my temper I suppose I automatically atributed it to the AAS.

Definately food for thought (forgive the pun)

Thanks again to all I really appreciate it

[quote]electric_eales wrote:
Thanks very much to all for your feedback,

I have been eating a ultra clean diet lately and that means almost no sugars[/quote]

Just a tip. Regardless if it’s oats or pure dextrose, all carbohydrates eventually get broken down into sugar because thats all they are is sugars. Some just takes longer for the body to break down hence the G.I.

I mentioned her because that was one hell of a row we had nothing like we have ever had before (she ended up kicking me in the nuts FFS)
[/quote]

HOLY SHIT, now that is a fight my friend. I think I like you now. If you ask me that would have just been a precursor to some firey sex that night…once you recover. Is she hispanic?

I think you’ve gotten some good advice in this thread and you appear to have taken it on board, good for you. I hope it works out for you.

Care to detail the fight anymore? It might give us further clues.

Here’s my $.02 I’m a jerk, but I’ve found things that make me more tolerable of other people.

First, if I eat things that don’t fuck with my blood sugar, I feel alot better.
ie. Oatmeal.

Second, I make sure I don’t have any nutrient deficiencies.
I take a good multi-vitamin, but I also take alot of magnesium capsules.
The magnesium generally makes me feel better.

Lastly, are you sure you’re eating enough?
If you work out really hard,then don’t eat enough, that will make most people pissy.

Just some ideas.
comguy1

Because I do not normally lose my temper I suppose I automatically atributed it to the AAS.
[/quote]

Eales,

You’re spot on with this statement. I think it’s probably been several factors contributing to the row. Just mark it down to experience, put ice on your nuts, and feel free to PM me if you’re feeling stressed or need a chat.

Peace bro,

Tone

The food thing that’s being brought up here has been discussed before. It what we some of us like to call being “Hangry” it’s like a combination of hungryness that makes you kinda angry. I can tell ESPECIALLY when I’m on cycle that if I don’t get a meal in me when I need to then I’m going to get Hangry very soon. To be more scientific about it, yes I’m fairly sure it has something to do with your blood sugar levels.

Btw, working like a beast and working like a beast in the heat can make anyone pissy. I can clearly see nobody is making any excuses here and while I might have come off as offensive in my first post we’re way past that. Still the same thing goes. Juicy as hell or clean there’s no good reason to be mean :slight_smile:

Gnite

I too must admit that I can be awful cranky sometimes when I haven’t eaten right, and it also happens when I don’t get enough sleep. Another thing you may need to look into, and when writing this I don’t mean to imply any sort of judgement or knowledge of your relationship with your wife, but I have to believe that a kick to the nuts might be a signal of a serious issue. Violence in either direction has no place in a relationship between a husband and wife.

As a matter of fact, I’d probably go as far as to say that an act that extreme is a pretty obvious sign of trouble. Not to bum you out bro, and again I realize I don’t know you or your wife. But whatever you think the reason for this “energy” or “rage” is, you have to do something about.

(she ended up kicking me in the nuts FFS)

[/quote]

Hey man, are you sure your wife hasn’t been dipping into your 'roid stash?

I can say that straight sux for you …I usually feel good off cycle…But when I’m on I feel like there’s a check in the mail everyday nothing gets me down , And nothing gets under my skin …

Hey guys, again thanks for all the info.

Just to try and reply to most of you;

I don’t think the missus has been at my stash, but she definately had her own hormone issues on the day in question!

99.9% of the time I feel fasntastic I have been really enjoying this cycle it was only that one incident that spooked me out, and I now realise that attributing it too AAS was a bit of an over reaction.

My wife and I dont have any serious issues or problems, this was a one off.

Winger wanted to know more details of my row, well dude its all just BS tobe honest, one of those rows that start off over something very small and insignificent and snowballed out of had. I had lost my temper a bit in the loft and started to smash some shit up. the reason she kicked me in the nuts was because she was in my face going mad at me and I just started laughing, couldn’t help myself, anyway she lost it and kicked me in the nuts.

Is that it?

BAH, you’re fine.

I’m glad to hear it’s nothin’ serious buddy. Now relax, work your ass off and get bigger and stronger.

I have to seriously disagree that anger is “all in your head”. Emotions are based on a combination of both biological factors(hormones/ neurotransmitters) and cognition(thinking styles). The brain is an organ just like any other and if testosterone and it’s analogs has the capacity to make you feel better(which many of you claim), it also has the capacity to increase anger as well, as they are in the same mood spectrum.

Many of the feel good aspects of androgens is due to increased dopamine levels. When dopamine is mildy increased; sociability, motivation, sex drive, energy, pleasure seeking, and goal directed behaviour, are all increased. When dopamine is increased even further, everything is amplified; incredible energy, extreme sex drive, impulsivity, agitation, paranoia, euphoria, and ANGER are common. Some people are more prone than others to the dopamine effect of androgens so it’s not out of place that testosterone and it’s analogs can cause this. It’s a small percentage of people that are prone to this but it happens none the less. You may just experience one or a few of the symptoms of increased dopamine as well, not all of them.

To reiterate so no one jumps on my back. I’m not saying androgens will make everyone angry. I’m saying testosterone may make a small subset of people more angry prone based on the pharmacodynamics of the drug.

Hey guys, again thanks for all the info.

Just to try and reply to most of you;

I don’t think the missus has been at my stash, but she definately had her own hormone issues on the day in question!

99.9% of the time I feel fasntastic I have been really enjoying this cycle it was only that one incident that spooked me out, and I now realise that attributing it too AAS was a bit of an over reaction.

My wife and I dont have any serious issues or problems, this was a one off.

Winger wanted to know more details of my row, well dude its all just BS tobe honest, one of those rows that start off over something very small and insignificent and snowballed out of had. I had lost my temper a bit in the loft and started to smash some shit up. the reason she kicked me in the nuts was because she was in my face going mad at me and I just started laughing, couldn’t help myself, anyway she lost it and kicked me in the nuts.

[/quote]

The mind can play its tricks sometimes…been there done that. Your control is key to everything…no problem is ever too big to stop and think before reacting and this is easier said than done most of the time…

Like Tone said above, we are always here bro.

JW

[quote]Bri Hildebrandt wrote:
Many of the feel good aspects of androgens is due to increased dopamine levels. When dopamine is mildy increased; sociability, motivation, sex drive, energy, pleasure seeking, and goal directed behaviour, are all increased. When dopamine is increased even further, everything is amplified; incredible energy, extreme sex drive, impulsivity, agitation, paranoia, euphoria, and ANGER are common. Some people are more prone than others to the dopamine effect of androgens so it’s not out of place that testosterone and it’s analogs can cause this. It’s a small percentage of people that are prone to this but it happens none the less. You may just experience one or a few of the symptoms of increased dopamine as well, not all of them.

To reiterate so no one jumps on my back. I’m not saying androgens will make everyone angry. I’m saying testosterone may make a small subset of people more angry prone based on the pharmacodynamics of the drug.[/quote]

Add to this, if dopamine levels are too high, and the person has poor serotonin reuptake/regulation on top of that, it makes the possibility for anger, moodswings, etc, even greater.

I have talked to alot of people about “roid rage”. I think its a myth, some people believe it is real. The fact is, if you believe you have it, then you have it.

I think roids do give you a bit of an attitude because of the general shitty feeling they give you. Sure, you feel great when your pumped up, and throwing weight around. But what about the rest of the day, when you’re intestines are sore, your blood sugar is all fucked up, and your body is fighting this foreign thing you have put in it.

Make no mistake, I love my juice, but it does make me feel like shit. You just learn how to ignore it.
Roids may make you cranky, but rage? Thats a strong word.

40 how long you been at it? My intestines are never “sore” unless I’m using drol and actually I’ve used it 2 times now (maybe it was 3) and I have to say it wasnt’ that bad at all this time around. Otherwise I don’t feel shitty at all. Yeah kinda tired and if I don’t get to eat I can get grumpy but that last part is whether I’m on or off.

As for Bri’s point, which is a very good one and thankyou for brining it up. However, I have to question whether or not the increase in dopamine and the consequential increase in emotions or in this case anger isn’t just something a rattional and educated aas user could spot when it’s happening and just diffuse by “chilin the fuck out”. Or like I said before now what you’re putting in your body and realize that if you’re feeling “not yourelf” then it’s probably the drugs.