Can't Handle the Rage

I am curently 5 weeks into my first cycle which is:

WEEK 1- 12 TEST E 200MGS E5D
WEEK 1-4 DBOL 45 MG
WEEK 9-12 DBOL 45 MG
WEEK 1 - 12 ADEX 0.5 MG EOD
WEEK 15-17 NOLVADEX 40MG ED

I have been enjoying many aspects of this cycle I have put on 10 lbs in 5 weeks, seen great strength gains and generally feel much better, but there is one thing that is causing me major problem.

I am honestly one of the most placid chilled out guys you may ever meet, but I have been suffering serious temper problems, enough so bad that I unless anyone has any real good advice to help tackle this problem Im gonna have to come off this cycle.

It is not a particually high dose cycle anyway, I have been off the dbol for a week now but my temper has been increasingly worse every week I snap so quickly and it has caused a major row with my wife, which got out of hand and could have led to us splitting up.

So any help fella’s would be great cheers.

BTW telling me to count to ten may result in the destruction of my PC! :slight_smile:

Perhaps you are just a jerkoff.

Look if you can’t handle the gear, get off. If you are a jerk, better yourself. If you want a magic de-rage pill, don’t hold your breath.

By the way have you tried counting to 10?

Good luck bro, despite the facetious nature of my initial post, I hope you find a solution to your problem.

I dont profess to know anything about steroids whatsoever but isnt it entirely possible that theres something else going on thats causing the rage? e.g problems with your wife. …

From personal experience I would say that being “on” is more often seen as an excuse to have a bad temper than actually having one. Are you sure it’s not just a self fulfilling assumption?

Look around the archives of this board, and if you know of any other boards that have alot of aas user feedback look there. In the thousands and thousands of people who post on these boards, I can’t seem to remember one instance of somebody having the problem you’re describing. WIth the exeception of guys who where using things that are notorious for increasing aggression, and even then they knew what they where taking/why they where taking it and using it in the appropriate venues ie. the gym the playing field ect. Think about that bro.

If you still feel you’re not just mindfucking yourself into this “Raging” state then do us all a favor who don’t have the problem and stop before you make up look bad. It’s not a personal dig just telling you straight up. Think of it like the guy who EVERYONE knows can’t drink. Most people have a few cocktails and get kinds silly bang a fat girl or two. Then on the other hand theres the guy who has the same number of drinks but acts like raging asshole. Figure out what the situation is and make the adult decision.

Thanks,

WIdeguy

Sorry bro, I gotta agree w/Robbiminator. Unfortunately, and I was for a time guilty of this myself, people often use the fact that they’re on the gear as an excuse to act on their temper. Try this, and some may disagree, cut the d-bol to 10-20mgs/day, and the test to 100mgs a week. This would be considered a light cycle, but would result in a total of about 415mgs/week of androgens.

Considering you’re a first time user, this should be enough for you to make some nice gains. And also, considering the androgens you are taking, you should notice an overall improvement of mood. Hope this helps.

I do not beleive I am a jerk off or ever have been.

I certainley was not looking for a pill to help with this problem I know enough to appreciate that is not going to happen.

I do not beleive there to be any underlying problems in my life, also losing my temper has not been restrivted to just my wife, I mentioned her because that was one hell of a row we had nothing like we have ever had before (she ended up kicking me in the nuts FFS)

I really do not like being this way and I honestly am not using the fact that I am on as an excuse, I really cannot help myself.

[quote]cwaldron76 wrote:
Sorry bro, I gotta agree w/Robbiminator. Unfortunately, and I was for a time guilty of this myself, people often use the fact that they’re on the gear as an excuse to act on their temper. Try this, and some may disagree, cut the d-bol to 10-20mgs/day, and the test to 100mgs a week. This would be considered a light cycle, but would result in a total of about 415mgs/week of androgens.

Considering you’re a first time user, this should be enough for you to make some nice gains. And also, considering the androgens you are taking, you should notice an overall improvement of mood. Hope this helps. [/quote]

Thanks a lot man appreciate that

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
Look around the archives of this board, and if you know of any other boards that have alot of aas user feedback look there. In the thousands and thousands of people who post on these boards, I can’t seem to remember one instance of somebody having the problem you’re describing. WIth the exeception of guys who where using things that are notorious for increasing aggression, and even then they knew what they where taking/why they where taking it and using it in the appropriate venues ie. the gym the playing field ect. Think about that bro.

If you still feel you’re not just mindfucking yourself into this “Raging” state then do us all a favor who don’t have the problem and stop before you make up look bad. It’s not a personal dig just telling you straight up. Think of it like the guy who EVERYONE knows can’t drink. Most people have a few cocktails and get kinds silly bang a fat girl or two. Then on the other hand theres the guy who has the same number of drinks but acts like raging asshole. Figure out what the situation is and make the adult decision.

Thanks,

WIdeguy[/quote]

I do not see how I am making you look bad wideguy, I appreciate your analogy with the drinking, and it is never nice to see someone drink plenty and turn into a complete asshole, especially a violent one.

But this is very different, I am not advertising the fact that I am taking steriods nor am I openly picking fights with anyone and everyone. So I do not see that I will be making you or any othe steriod users look bad.

as I said in the original post I am considering coming off cycle, If the gear is not for me and I cannot handle it then I will not do it, im not a complete asshole and will not put my family through shit just for my own personal benifit.

It would be a shame to give up though, and I think i will try what cw said and lower the dosage first.

Cheers

First maybe I was unclear with what I was trying to say. Let me try and explain. AAS and it’s users are under the microscope right now. Everyone who uses them, not matter who much you might hate it, represents all of us who use as a whole. BTW, do I feel that way NO AT FUCKING ALL. But do you think that the media and the majority of the population don’t feel that way? I can assure you they do.

All you need do is look at the 1 in a million isolated inncidents (which are usually spun/overblown) of aas users acting irrationally or doing something wrong and see where it’s taken as that’s what using aas will do to EVERYONE who uses them. So what I was saying is more like, if you think you’re almost definitely going to run into a problem.

DOn’t end up the guy on the news. It’s the same thing I say to everyone who chooses to use any drug. It’s your responsibility and always remember that you’re what you might be feeling isnt’ neccessarily you.

BTW, I wasn’t trying to dig on you bro. Just trying to put some perspective on things and be honest, or at least give my honest opinion. For what it’s worth you sound like a rational guy. Try and keep the energy (see how I don’t use the stereotypical ass media word “rage”) in the gym where it belongs :slight_smile:

All in your head man. You decide when you get mad.

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
First maybe I was unclear with what I was trying to say. Let me try and explain. AAS and it’s users are under the microscope right now. Everyone who uses them, not matter who much you might hate it, represents all of us who use as a whole. BTW, do I feel that way NO AT FUCKING ALL. But do you think that the media and the majority of the population don’t feel that way? I can assure you they do. All you need do is look at the 1 in a million isolated inncidents (which are usually spun/overblown) of aas users acting irrationally or doing something wrong and see where it’s taken as that’s what using aas will do to EVERYONE who uses them. So what I was saying is more like, if you think you’re almost definitely going to run into a problem. DOn’t end up the guy on the news. It’s the same thing I say to everyone who chooses to use any drug. It’s your responsibility and always remember that you’re what you might be feeling isnt’ neccessarily you.

BTW, I wasn’t trying to dig on you bro. Just trying to put some perspective on things and be honest, or at least give my honest opinion. For what it’s worth you sound like a rational guy. Try and keep the energy (see how I don’t use the stereotypical ass media word “rage”) in the gym where it belongs :-)[/quote]

Ye cool bro I appreciate your response, I have read many of your previous posts ans know you are a respected guy on here and I respect you too.

I only really lost my temper once and that was the time I described with my wife the other day, I was in a hot loft for a few hours moving boxes around and became like a dog left in a hot car I suppose.

maybe the aas is not so much to blame, but I have never felt this way before. I am confident I can keep a lid on it.

Cheers

Peace.

I’ve read many times that angry drunks don’t get pissed as a result of the booze. They become enraged because the alcohol makes them feel more at ease with their actual asshole self but you stated you are normally a mellow guy. Usually I’m the same way very calm and controlled but when I don’t get a lot of sleep or I’m under a lot of stress I turn into quite the prick so I do my best to avoid any possible stressful situation.

I think for 99% of people AAS actually gives them an incredible sense of well-being so you’re that 1%. The worst thing you can do is nothing and continue until you lose absolute control and do something very regretable. I’d cut the mg’s and if that doesn’t work scrap the cycle all together. No amount of muscle is worth losing your wife over.

I have Bipolar (mostly mania and aggresion), so I can relate to the whole rage problem. Sometimes it is hard to control and I end up doing violent things for no reason. Martial arts have really allowed me to channel my rage.

Here is a quote from AR on steroid rage

"Also among side effects (as if acne and going bald aren?t enough) is increased aggression. This is a hotly debated issue in steroid-culture. Generally the consensus is that if you are prone to being a jerk, you?ll be a bigger jerk …if you aren?t, then your temper will not get much worse (this is supported by research as well Also, high levels of test are generally only associated with aggression and anti-social behavior in males with lower intelligence (1)(2).

Guess what? Dumb people shouldn?t use steroids at all, especially testosterone!"

(1)Pope, H.G, Kouri, E.M., & Hudson, J.I. (2000). Effects of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone on mood and aggression in normal men: A randomized controlled trial. Archives of General Psychiatry, 57, 133-140

(2)Chance, S.E., Brown, R.T., Dabbs, J.M., & Casey, R. (2000). Testosterone, intelligence and behavior disorders among young boys. Personality and Individual Differences, 28, 437-445

I am not calling you stupid or anything, just trying to help. Also I can post those studies up becuase I have subscritions to medical and psych journals.

I hope you get that whole rage thing cleared up because it can really effect your life.

That last sentence E just wrote says it all, but you already know that :slight_smile:

ANyway I will say that I notice an increase the the intesity of my emotions when I’m “on” sometimes. For example if I’m happy I’m real happy. If I’m sad, it might be a little more intense then usual. Overall, I find that if I just remind myself that I’m “on something” then I quickly put the the situation into perspective and it’s cool. In short it would probably be called “self-control” :slight_smile: Once again just like with drinking or doing any other drug, you have to know that there will be effects from usign these compounds and you choose to use them. Hence you need to make the judgement calls.

In all honesty a regular doctor might tell you to take something like xanax or another drug along those lines. They seem to have no problem prescribing one drug to cover the sypmtoms of another. However, those are under completely different circumstances and it’s kinda irrelevant. SOrry for the little ramble there, hope it makes some sense. BTW, I’m not suggesting you take any drugs to calm yourself.

Being strong in the weight room is one thing. Being strong in your mind is another and equally important.Control or be controled. Yes the intensity pics up whilst your on. Discipline needs to pic up also. Hit me on some p.m.'s if run in to this shit again. I’ll trade war stories with ya and help you out when I can. Tighten up eals.

biscuite

Sounds alot better then “roid rage”. But then again the people who made up the name in the first place probably weren’t looking to make aas look good. Kinda like what they did with the word shell shock. It was the term they used to use for what I believe they now call post-traumatic stress disorder. They both mean you’re all fucked up in the head from watch bombs and bullets rip the insides of you best friends out and you yourelf taking the lives of other men with familes and children/and or killing families and childer.

Shell shock almost sounds like that kinda situation ie. the shock of shell tearing appart all those around you, maybe even catching you in the case of all those wounded in action On the other hand post-traumatic stress disorder wich can also be called ptsd for short so nobody really knows what the fuck you’re talking about, sounds like something you might get from watching too many episodes of the Real World.

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
Kinda like what they did with the word shell shock. [/quote]

I always liked when they made usage of the word in “Ninja Turtles”