T Nation

Cant Gain Weight!! Help Please

Did everyone miss the chrones disease part?

Sucks to hear that you have that, just go by what the GP says on that one and on top of what they suggest do the whole EAT EAT EAT LIFT EAT EAT EAT SLEEP thing.

you can still get lots of protein from steak, chicken etc you don’t need dairy products or whey protein.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
Did everyone miss the chrones disease part?[/quote]

Yes. Hence my annoyance at the lack of post clarity.

I’m really badly lactose intolerant as well. I eat as much protein as I can in the form of lean meat, chicken, fish, eggs, nuts. I also take a whey supplement: Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard Whey Protein, which has Lactase Enzymes in it to help with digestion.

On top of that, I take an over-the-counter pill called Lactose Intolerance Therapy which I find to be helpful.

Eat FREQUENT meals and keep a food log. Set goals for yourself like: I’m going to eat 2500 calories today: X grams of HEALTHY fats, Y grams of slow-digesting carbs, and Z grams of protein. Then, just make sure that you meet those goals!

dan

[quote]LiarPantsOnFire wrote:
…as much protein as I can in the form of lean meat, chicken, fish, eggs, nuts…[/quote]

Ftw.

[quote]Corkonian wrote:
105 LBS ???
Thats like 7 1/2 STONE for anyone in irleland or great britian…
Dude thats REALLY small…
You must be a troll, no guy can honestly weigh that unless you sit at home and vegetate ALL day… [/quote]

Just as an aside I’m 5’5 and I weighed 105lbs for a year and a half before i started lifting weights. I was on the varsity wrestling team in highschool so I was actively suppressing my weight during season but I really did eat “normally” at that weight for a while.

Still anyone who is serious (barring medical issues like this guy mentioned) should be able to blow past that size in a hurry.

Squats and Milk. No excuses.

[quote]scholtz wrote:
EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY. EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY.EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY. EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY.EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY. EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY.EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY. EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY.EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY. EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY.EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY. EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY.

lactose intolerent? soy. whole foods. compound exercises. Zero isolation exercises.

EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY. EAT EAT EAT. LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY LIFT HEAVY.

problem solved[/quote]

Ha…HA?

LiarPantsOnFire has good advice there, you need to keep track of what and how much your eating. i dont know what the limitations of your disease and being lactose impose, but if whey protein is out of the question make sure your consuming your meats, chicken and fish that are high in protein.

you should be eating atleast 4 meals a day and snacks in between, use a variety of nuts for snack they’re good for protein. i would carry a baggy full at all times if possible.

*****All you idiots who have nothing helpful or productive to post for this guy, take your arrogance elsewhere its really annoying having to read dumb shit!

[quote]robisais2004 wrote:
*****All you idiots who have nothing helpful or productive to post for this guy, take your arrogance elsewhere its really annoying having to read dumb shit![/quote]

Boo hoo, cry us a river, Justin.

Protein can be found in more than just milk.

Chicken breast anyone?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Chicken breast anyone?[/quote]

Yes, 2 please.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Yes, 2 please.[/quote]

Have three. On me.

But cook it yourself.

Eat much and drink protein…wil u help me?

yea i eat alot…im 105 pounds but im a beast lol alot of people i dont know that are at the gym say i should do bodybuillding contests lol…i just laughed

[quote]jimbo1988 wrote:
yea i eat alot…im 105 pounds but im a beast lol alot of people i dont know that are at the gym say i should do bodybuillding contests lol…i just laughed[/quote]

Dude, I’m far from a beast and I weigh twice what you do.

The people at your gym are very delusional.

They should have trained for more than 2 months. Seriously, there are hundreds of idiots out there who resort to steroids because they stop gaining. They do it before they can even squat 400lbs. If you want to gain any mass worth gaining (i.e. lean muscle), then get much stronger.

Thank fuck for the T-cell, the level of stupidity on here is appalling.

GUYS!

Don’t be so hard on this guy. Just heavy weights and more food won’t work for him. He is a hardgainer.

Obviously they do work for him though as he is a self-proclaimed beast who, according to the people in his gym, should be doing bodybuilding competitions.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
GUYS!

Don’t be so hard on this guy. Just heavy weights and more food won’t work for him. He is a hardgainer.[/quote]

I’m hoping that’s sarcasm?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
GUYS!

Don’t be so hard on this guy. Just heavy weights and more food won’t work for him. He is a hardgainer.

I’m hoping that’s sarcasm?[/quote]

:wink: