Cant Flex!

I am back in the gym now!
But this problem has followed me since high school. I cant flex my left bicep
its the same size as the right but i just cant flex it for some reason. I feel like i tighten it but it doent peak up like the other one…anything i need to try?

More dumbbell curls.

if its just as strong as your other arm, who cares.

I do, and dont act like you wouldnt, next question!

Do you have a full Range of Motion in that Bicep? It’s flexing. Try flexing it on command as hard as you can. Seriously. Keep trying.

If you don’t have a full ROM then get medical help. I imagine not being able to bend your arm will seriously inhibit your athletic performance and your day to day life.

when you do a bicep exercise, you’re flexing. it doesn’t “peak” as much because its probably smaller

[quote]Palta_Face wrote:
its the same size as the right but i just cant flex it for some reason. I feel like i tighten it but it doent peak up like the other one…anything i need to try?[/quote]

Does this occur when you are pumped, cold or both?

Do you have a lot of fat on your arms or are they cut?

Also, consider that your bicep isn’t really getting bigger when you flex. You are merely shortening the muscle.

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:
Palta_Face wrote:
its the same size as the right but i just cant flex it for some reason. I feel like i tighten it but it doent peak up like the other one…anything i need to try?

Also, consider that your bicep isn’t really getting bigger when you flex. You are merely shortening the muscle.

[/quote]

I have fat on my arms but not alot my left arm is just as strong and sometimes i think stronger, But I just cant get it to flex it feels like its flexing, I was just wondering if i should be concerned

[quote]Palta_Face wrote:
MaloVerde wrote:
Palta_Face wrote:

I have fat on my arms but not alot my left arm is just as strong and sometimes i think stronger, But I just cant get it to flex it feels like its flexing, I was just wondering if i should be concerned
[/quote]

When you are doing curls, can you feel the muscle contracting?