T Nation

Can't Eat Much In The Morning

What is wrong with me? Here is my problem…I have never been able to stomach a big breakfast in the mornings, ever. It’s just something I’ve always lived with. So I consume the bulk of my calories in the late pm. I don’t really care because I’ve always stayed pretty lean. Because of my schedule now in college, I have to workout about 2 hours after I awake.

I never workout unless I have eaten at least 1000 calories. But, all I can eat when I wake is a protein shake. Anything else, I will gag and puke. I have no idea why. I wake up starving and can’t eat shit. And because of this, my early workouts are suffering because I don’t have enough fuel in me. Any suggestions?

Larger liquid meals.

Start throwing tons of shit in a blender.

All I can eat in the AM is liquid.

I barely wakeup in time to make it to class, let alone make and consume a large meal.

[quote]Cartman8675 wrote:
What is wrong with me? Here is my problem…I have never been able to stomach a big breakfast in the mornings, ever. It’s just something I’ve always lived with. So I consume the bulk of my calories in the late pm. I don’t really care because I’ve always stayed pretty lean. Because of my schedule now in college, I have to workout about 2 hours after I awake.

I never workout unless I have eaten at least 1000 calories. But, all I can eat when I wake is a protein shake. Anything else, I will gag and puke. I have no idea why. I wake up starving and can’t eat shit. And because of this, my early workouts are suffering because I don’t have enough fuel in me. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Go see a doctor about your stomach issues.