Can't Eat Before or After Morning Workout

I have to get a physical next week and have to fast for 12 hours since I’m having blood work done. My physical is in the morning. I also workout in the morning and will do so a couple of hours before my physical.

What I take before and after my workout is pretty simple - BCAA’s and coffee before. Protein shake w. more BCAA’s and glutamine afterwards followed by soemthing to eat about 30 minutes later.

Since taking anything before and after my workout is out of the question for this one time, is there anything I can do to lessen the negative consequences of not taking anything before or after? Or is it no big deal for this one time? Thanks

[quote]jimg21 wrote:
I have to get a physical next week and have to fast for 12 hours since I’m having blood work done. My physical is in the morning. I also workout in the morning and will do so a couple of hours before my physical.

What I take before and after my workout is pretty simple - BCAA’s and coffee before. Protein shake w. more BCAA’s and glutamine afterwards followed by soemthing to eat about 30 minutes later.

Since taking anything before and after my workout is out of the question for this one time, is there anything I can do to lessen the negative consequences of not taking anything before or after? Or is it no big deal for this one time? Thanks[/quote]

No big deal.

The human body is designed for fasting. You might experience discomfort since you are not used to it but it won’t kill you or lessen the benefits of training.

I train fasted which lasts 16 hours or more and I even hold off eating for a few more hours after training.

I find my workouts to be more intense and I also have more mental clarity throughout the day.

[quote]jimg21 wrote:
I also workout in the morning and will do so a couple of hours before my physical.[/quote]
I’d either take an off day or push the training to later in the day/after the physical. Exercise can have short-term effects on some blood results which could skew the tests.

Presuming you only get one physical per year, why not try to have it done under as ideal and accurate a situation as possible?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]jimg21 wrote:
I also workout in the morning and will do so a couple of hours before my physical.[/quote]
I’d either take an off day or push the training to later in the day/after the physical. Exercise can have short-term effects on some blood results which could skew the tests.

Presuming you only get one physical per year, why not try to have it done under as ideal and accurate a situation as possible?[/quote]

I will have about 2 1/2 - three hours from when my workout ends to to the time I go to the doctor. Is that enough time to let my body get back to normal? If not, I might be able to move the workout.

[quote]jimg21 wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]jimg21 wrote:

Presuming you only get one physical per year, why not try to have it done under as ideal and accurate a situation as possible?[/quote]

I will have about 2 1/2 - three hours from when my workout ends to to the time I go to the doctor. Is that enough time to let my body get back to normal? If not, I might be able to move the workout.
[/quote]

IMO…reschedule the training.