Can't Decide On Workout ....Help

I have been lurking around here for a while and I have decided to start my new training program this coming Monday.I have done similar programs like TBT, but I figured it was time for a change. I have read many of the training programs and have been very interested in doing some type of modified “EDT”.

I was thinking of either doing a type program where on mondays, I would start off with a 5x5 or 4x6 exercise like squats followed by 2, 15 min PR zones consisting of 2 upper body workouts each, on tuesdays doing an exercise like 5x5 pushpress followed by two 15 min PR zones consisting of mainly lower body work, rest on wed, and reapeat thursday and friday.

Another program would be to do 3 or 4 full body workouts consisting of two, 15 min PR zones and one 10 min PR zone each session.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I did and Loved #2 but man its taxing I suggest as it was suggested to me By Charles hiumself if you do it with BIG compounds then do three weeks then have a down week of more traditional rep set schemes.

I pairs a BIG lower body with abs, and a BIG push with Big pull. The a smaller assistance 10 min PR varied each day to give a balance over the week.

Looking back I was aklternating upper and lower which may be a better choice due to the volume and damage done by EDT. But hey try it if you want.

Here is a link to the thread I had
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=664493&pageNo=0

By the way eat a ton and then some more. I was eating the same when I started that had me gaining prior and during this I was shedding weight like none other at that same intake with no cardio.
Youve got to eat for it.

phil your workouts are very well designed, I like them a lot

here is the workout I put together:

Day 1 : monday

PR Zone 1: 15 min
military press
close grip lat pull down

PR zone 2: 15 min
dips
e-z bar curls

PR zone 3: 10 min
pec dec
tricep rope pulldown

Day 2: tuesday
squat
cable crunch

lunge right leg
lunge left leg

PR Zone 3: 10 min
calf raises
leg curl

Day 4: thursday
PR zone 1: 15 min
bench press
seated row

Incline bench press
hammer curl

PR zone: 10 min
lateral raise
standing straight arm lat pull down

DAY 5: friday
deadlift
wood choppers

leg press
leg raises

Pr zone 3 : 10 min
leg extensions
donkey calf raises

What do you guys think?

[quote]jrmendoza wrote:
here is the workout I put together:

Day 1 : monday

military press
close grip lat pull down

dips
e-z bar curls

PR zone 3: 10 min
pec dec
tricep rope pulldown

Day 2: tuesday
squat
cable crunch

lunge right leg
lunge left leg

PR Zone 3: 10 min
calf raises
leg curl

Day 4: thursday
PR zone 1: 15 min
bench press
seated row

Incline bench press
hammer curl

PR zone: 10 min
lateral raise
standing straight arm lat pull down

DAY 5: friday
deadlift
wood choppers

leg press
leg raises

Pr zone 3 : 10 min
leg extensions
donkey calf raises

What do you guys think?[/quote]

here’s what I’d do

squat 5x5

15 minute PR zone
military press
chins

deadlift

15 minute PR zone

bench
dynamic rows

for day 3 repeat workout A

use a 5x5 for squat and deads

also I wake up at 4:30 and by 5:10 a.m I am already lifting, is this enough time to warm up my legs and back for the lower body workout days, I have read that squatting and deadlifting is bad for the back early in the morning would it be enough warm up or should I just workout later in the day on lower body days?

[quote]jrmendoza wrote:
also I wake up at 4:30 and by 5:10 a.m I am already lifting, is this enough time to warm up my legs and back for the lower body workout days, I have read that squatting and deadlifting is bad for the back early in the morning would it be enough warm up or should I just workout later in the day on lower body days?[/quote]

Ive done it it can be done. Many say its not great or smart, but sometime you gotta do what you gotta do. Just get some warm up sets in etc and be wary.

[quote]jrmendoza wrote:
phil your workouts are very well designed, I like them a lot [/quote]

Oh and anything can look great on paper. No telling until you stop thinking and start doing if its will work and work for you.

Stop lifting weights or lift for more repetitions this will eliminate bulk and tone your muscles you should also jog for 30 mionutes at 60% of your heart rate to loose the weight