T Nation

Can't Catch a Break

This is a great site but I have to say that this political forum is full of cheesetastic patriotic ra-ra boys. Okay, maybe not all of you but those who seem to have a major problem with me because I do not support the idea that our forces should be in Iraq.

So could someone without flaming me, tell me what you feel, “Supporting the Troops” means.

Cause everytime I open my mouth around here I get every Johnny Tuffnuts on this board coming down on me.

I feel as though I’m supporting the troops more than those who appease the actions of this administration by saying “ra ra, kick some ass boys”. I feel like I am more of a friend to the American soldier by saying, “This war is wrong and you don’t deserve this, you shouldn’t be doing your job over there, you should be home and safe untill God forbid, you are needed at home.”

Cannot say I agree with everything you say… but I am more with you than against you… People should call a spade a spade, and I don’t understand how people can think that Iraq was intended to be a noble cause… Maybe we can turn it into one, but it didn’t start out that way… But, it is better to make the best of a bad situation than pack it in, because nobody wins when people lose their will to go forward…

The truth can be very scary and controversial to some people… unfortunately nobody can prove to others what the real truth is on this situation…

You have every right to believe what ever you want to. No one is getting on you for that. Your first couple of posts was in a thread dedicated to the American Soldier. Not your beliefs of whether the war is right or wrong. You accused those that support the war of being 8 years old and still believing in Santa CLaus.

You need to learn when to say something and when to shut the hell up. You should have shut the hell up in the Soldier thread.

You haven’t been here long enough to have earned even a shread of respect from others, and the first thing you do is piss all over the thread.

You have the right to say whatever you want. But there is a time and a place for it. You showed zero respect. You got your ass handed back to you several times. Learn something from this and quit whining.

would you be supporting your child if you told him “school is stupid and you shouldn’t be going, but you have to until the administration decides you don’t”?

or would you be supporting your child if you told him “school is awesome and you should go and enjoy it because it’s just too awesome”?

then when he’s not around and at school thinking he’s doing good and being involved in something awesome you get involved with school on the political level and change it the way a wise adult should.

BitterBuffalo -

I hate you feel that way, but even in this thread claiming that you “Can’t catch a break” you still persist in insulting some of us. Also, if you place me in your patriotic “ra ra” boys category; motherfucker, then I’m about as “ra ra” as one can get.

I’ve been there and done that in some of the most miserable conditions you can imagine. Some of the memories I would like to forget, and some of them I wouldn’t trade for the world. My “Another letter from a soldier” thread had one purpose and one purpose only; to show some of those still skeptical about the war that believe it or not, something good is actually coming out of this war, and that it is often overlooked. Some of your statements have not only insulted me and my buddies still in the sandbox, but other prior-service guys on this forum and many of my buddies that have died in what you claim to be a “mistake”.

All we ask is that you participate in these discussions while keeping the insults to a minimum. RLTW

ps. welcome to T-Nation

rangertab75

Hey now you’re getting it…

Start your own thread, and don’t piss on the other ones… Good Job, BitterBuffalo! Maybe there’s hope for you after all.

Like RJ said, there’s a time and place for naysaying and sarcasm. For example, I love to interject in religion threads with an irreverent snippet of atheism every once in a while, but that is vastly different than telling the guys who are fighting for their lives over in the sandbox that you think they are wrong and you do not thank them for being there. I would have let you go if you hadn’t mentioned that you understand the fucks who are trying to kill our boys. It implied that you forgive them for that, and in my book, that was an inexcusable lapse of tact. So I gave you some shit.

Your next post on that thread confirmed that you do indeed identify with our enemies, and I was not surprised in the least. I am going to guess that you are young and inexperienced, and I will forgive you for a lot, but I hope that you come away from this a little wiser.

For future reference: Thinking that an Iraqi insurgent had no choice but to pick up a gun and fire it at an American soldier is f’d up. If they didn’t want to fight, then they wouldn’t. That’s what staying peaceful is all about. You think that the Iraqis are all of a sudden poor because we invaded them? Buddy, they’ve been like that forever!! We are helping them change that! The regular Iraqi citizen is better off now than ever before in the history of their nation. Let’s just take one thing from the soldier’s letter: girls can now go to school. Gasp! Maybe they’ll even learn how to read! Think about it.

[quote]BitterBuffalo wrote:
This is a great site but I have to say that this political forum is full of cheesetastic patriotic ra-ra boys. Okay, maybe not all of you but those who seem to have a major problem with me because I do not support the idea that our forces should be in Iraq.

So could someone without flaming me, tell me what you feel, “Supporting the Troops” means.

Cause everytime I open my mouth around here I get every Johnny Tuffnuts on this board coming down on me.

I feel as though I’m supporting the troops more than those who appease the actions of this administration by saying “ra ra, kick some ass boys”. I feel like I am more of a friend to the American soldier by saying, “This war is wrong and you don’t deserve this, you shouldn’t be doing your job over there, you should be home and safe untill God forbid, you are needed at home.”[/quote]

Nice to know only those who disagreed with you are cheestastic ra ra boys.
I don’t give a flying fuck what you believe. But I don’t see as I need to be called names by you for what I believe.
As for the rest of it…RJ and Lothario said it pretty well.

I clicked on this thread expecting to find someone telling me a sad tale of woe… how life was just beating them down and they needed some T-Nation support. How disappointed am I to just find someone whining about not catching a break in the Politics forum. Weak.

Kuz

• Return with honor.

Nobody catches a break in the politics forum.

Not unless you count patting yourself on the back a break.

Good advice lothario: “Start your own thread, and don’t piss on the other ones…” You do take your own advice right?

rainjack said it best reread his post! The guys who jump in here with “5” posts and try to push people around always get their heads handed to them.

Vroom had some pretty good advice too. This is a combative place during the best of times.

Well you could excercise your right not to view the politcal forum or post on it if you don’t like it. Therby sparing the rest of us and keeping your stress level down.

Secondly I thought your posts re: the troops were insulting. I voiced my opinion. If you don’t like hearing criticism, don’t post your opinions on a public internet forum.

Keep in mind that people post their opinions on this board and will disagree with you from time to time.

I have to say that I was prety amazed and realy repulsed by the way you introduced yourself. The response that you got was exactly the one you deserved. Actualy, I would have been much more venomous toward you but out of reverence for that topic, and the man that started the thread, I kept a lid on it. The realy interesting thing is that the same people that ripped you a new one are polite enough to continue the conversation in a civilized manner, and let you know where you screwed up even though you started this thread calling us “cheesetastic ra-ra boys”.

Here is a good rule of thumb- If you wouldn’t say something like that to someone face to face, don’t say it here either. I have some serious doubt that anybody would walk up to a conversation between a bunch of currently enlisteds and veterans and say what you said. Where I come from, that would be grounds for a serious beating, and no, we would not tell you why or help you to correct that in the future.

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
Here is a good rule of thumb- If you wouldn’t say something like that to someone face to face, don’t say it here either. I have some serious doubt that anybody would walk up to a conversation between a bunch of currently enlisteds and veterans and say what you said. Where I come from, that would be grounds for a serious beating, and no, we would not tell you why or help you to correct that in the future.[/quote]

I think this is a great point for the threads in general most of the time and it’s how I usually post. I’m not going to post something on here I would not say to someone’s face. You can tell who the people are who would be consistent on-line and off (RJ, Vroom and Prof X jump to mind for me), but it makes me nuts when I sniff out someone I can tell is hiding behind their keyboard. I’m not saying I see that here (just yet), but let’s keep it consistent, boys.

Kuz

[quote]Kuz wrote:
mindeffer01 wrote:
Here is a good rule of thumb- If you wouldn’t say something like that to someone face to face, don’t say it here either. I have some serious doubt that anybody would walk up to a conversation between a bunch of currently enlisteds and veterans and say what you said. Where I come from, that would be grounds for a serious beating, and no, we would not tell you why or help you to correct that in the future.

I think this is a great point for the threads in general most of the time and it’s how I usually post. I’m not going to post something on here I would not say to someone’s face. You can tell who the people are who would be consistent on-line and off (RJ, Vroom and Prof X jump to mind for me), but it makes me nuts when I sniff out someone I can tell is hiding behind their keyboard. I’m not saying I see that here (just yet), but let’s keep it consistent, boys.

Kuz[/quote]

I agree. Good luck with that on an Internet forum though, the home of the e-penis measuring contest and the Garage Bench Pressing Federation.

Well!!!

Well!!!

Well!!!

Welcome, bitter boy!!!

It’s nice to know that the lunatic fringe continues to raise their ugly heads for me to slap!!!

“BitterBuffalo wrote:
This is a great site but I have to say that this political forum is full of cheesetastic patriotic ra-ra boys.”

Well!!! Another disgruntled John “Pay my parking tickets, bitch” Kerry voter.

I was honored to be a part of a Memorial Day service. Flags were waving, songs were being sung, the President and the troops were being honored (you would have hated it!!!)

I had a wonderful time!!!

“Okay, maybe not all of you but those who seem to have a major problem with me because I do not support the idea that our forces should be in Iraq.”

Anyone who disagrees with the war in Iraq is a ding-dong.

“So could someone without flaming me, tell me what you feel, “Supporting the Troops” means.”

It means keeping your Anti-U.S. commentary to a minimum.

“Cause everytime I open my mouth around here I get every Johnny Tuffnuts on this board coming down on me.”

Opposites attract.

“I feel as though I’m supporting the troops more than those who appease the actions of this administration by saying “ra ra, kick some ass boys”.”

Ra, Ra, kick some ass boys!!!

Go Ranger!!!

"I feel like I am more of a friend to the American soldier by saying, “This war is wrong and you don’t deserve this, you shouldn’t be doing your job over there, you should be home and safe untill God forbid, you are needed at home.”

Search your feelings. You know what I say to be true. You are wrong.

I am your father.

In summary, stay off the babysitter, stop drinking Nattie lite, try lifting a weight, stop pretending you are in the military (like pox) and welcome to the forum!!!

JeffR

You’re gunna get no where trying to argue politics here. Just like argueing about gear, there’s no point. You’ll just get flamed, and flamed some more. Untill you stop responding on your own. Just give up while you still can. While I don’t agree with you, everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. But when your talking about gear and politics, you’re either with’em or against’em.

Okay, but he’s right on one point. Jerffy is certainly a cheesetastic ra ra boy!!!

[quote]GriffinC wrote:
You’re gunna get no where trying to argue politics here. Just like argueing about gear, there’s no point. You’ll just get flamed, and flamed some more. Untill you stop responding on your own. Just give up while you still can. While I don’t agree with you, everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. But when your talking about gear and politics, you’re either with’em or against’em.[/quote]

Pardon me - but that’s bullshit. You’re telling him to quit because he got flamed?

If you have even an ounce of conviction. If you have even a shread of pride in who you are and what you believe in, there should never be any quit.

It seems to me that JeffR and Buffalo are perfect foils of each other…

They are the bizzarro versions of each other…

Just agree with everyone on the threads and then you will catch a break.

The soldiers and marines got a raw deal this time. I feel sorry for anyone in the armed forces now–lied to and killed in an unjust war. The Iraq war wasn’t to stop the spread of communism, not to stop the spread of fascism, not to prevent civil war, not even to take out an evil dictator. It was to prove to the rest of the world the US is crazy enough to go to war for no reason at all. WMD my ass. You really think we didn’t know they had no WMD? We flew missions over Iraq on a daily basis from 1990 up until 2003. They had pick up trucks with AA guns in the truck beds as their first line of defense. Bush I missed his chance to stop Saddam and Bush II had to save his daddy’s face.

Meanwhile we forgot all about Afghanistan while we’re watching the war nightly on network news–supporting our troops. Boo–war on terrorism. Yeah–Iraqi freedom.

Go ahead stick that yellow ribbon on the back of your SUV–as a matter of fact, put up two–show your support. Or write a letter to your congress persons and ask when our forces are coming home then ask them when Osama bin Laden will be captured?

Question–where does the money from the purchse of the yellow ribbons go? I’m curious if maybe there is a fund set up for the newly disabled vets or widowed spouses.