T Nation

Can't Believe What I Saw At The Gym!

The PT manager at a gym that shan’t be named at this time is a BIG bodybuilder, seriously hot, but unfortunately he knows it all too well.

Yesterday, I caught him looking admiringly at his staff profile pic on the wall, straightening it up and polishing it! I suspect he does a fair share of tool polishing in his spare time.

Chances are I may be working for this guy soon, so I gave him a friendly smile, before darting back to the Ladies’ and laughing so hard, I nearly threw up my BCAAs. How ridiculous some people are! ;D

Lol - just like posting the same thread twice because the first one didn’t show up in time :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

[quote]Renton wrote:
Lol - just like posting the same thread twice because the first one didn’t show up in time :stuck_out_tongue:

;-)[/quote]

and actually taking bcaa’s bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I’m nothing special, but I like to admire myself :smiley: Why do you think I have myself in the avatar :smiley: besides looking goofy it’s nice to see myself …jk or am I

I do quite a bit of tool polishing.

i look at myself in mirrors all the time. when i walk by cars, buildings. idk, i think all people who pursue bodybuilding pick up some kind of narcicism. i mean think about it, its a sport/lifestyle/whatever that is completely focused on yourself.

im not 100% self-centered though. i like to help people, i like to teach them about things i know especially bodybuilding…but you could even argue that teaching in itself is somewhat narcicisitc since you have to think you know so much about something you can teach that other person.

it is what it is.

[quote]–X-- wrote:
I do quite a bit of tool polishing.[/quote]

Well, that’s only bad if you need a mirror to properly set the mood.

I seldom wear a shirt around my apartment because it takes away some of that moment of joy I get when I walk past the mirror on the way to the toilet.

[quote]scootcologne wrote:
Renton wrote:
Lol - just like posting the same thread twice because the first one didn’t show up in time :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

and actually taking bcaa’s bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!![/quote]

And pray tell, what’s wrong with BCAA’s?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
scootcologne wrote:
Renton wrote:
Lol - just like posting the same thread twice because the first one didn’t show up in time :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

and actually taking bcaa’s bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

And pray tell, what’s wrong with BCAA’s?[/quote]

Many believe you receive ample amounts in the foods you already eat (especially if your on a high calorie diet), thus taking BCAA supplements are seen as frivolous.

Well, guys, I was kinda like so busy looking at myself in the mirror, that I thought I’d pressed the wrong button.
And Scoot, what is so ridiculous about BCAAs -part from the price, that is? :wink:
OOPS, I got the answer to my question, but this fucking computer hadn’t updated. What a blond day I’m having.

[quote]HERO wrote:

Many believe you receive ample amounts in the foods you already eat (especially if your on a high calorie diet), thus taking BCAA supplements are seen as frivolous.
[/quote]

Hmmm, pretty good knowledge on why people take BCAAs there (actually from your post it’s hard to tell if this is what you believe, so maybe you’re excused)

[quote]eigieinhamr wrote:
HERO wrote:

Many believe you receive ample amounts in the foods you already eat (especially if your on a high calorie diet), thus taking BCAA supplements are seen as frivolous.

Hmmm, pretty good knowledge on why people take BCAAs there (actually from your post it’s hard to tell if this is what you believe, so maybe you’re excused)[/quote]

It’s more or less along the same lines of the fact that if you eat ample amounts of red meat, taking a creatine supplement is pointless. Most can’t afford that much red meat however, along with the fact that it won’t be absorbed into the bloodstream as quickly as if taken in powder or pill form.

As with anything nutrition related, there will be frantic enthusiasts, and nay sayers to whatever is stated as ‘fact’.

I do take BCAA’s for pre, peri, and post workout nutrition, so I guess you know what side of the fence I’m on.

[quote]HERO wrote:
Many believe you receive ample amounts in the foods you already eat (especially if your on a high calorie diet), thus taking BCAA supplements are seen as frivolous.[/quote]

Oh? Results don’t lie. Hardly frivolous if you see gains.

[quote]HERO wrote:
I do take BCAA’s for pre, peri, and post workout nutrition, so I guess you know what side of the fence I’m on. [/quote]

I concur.

[quote]HERO wrote:
HERO wrote:
I do take BCAA’s for pre, peri, and post workout nutrition, so I guess you know what side of the fence I’m on.

I concur. [/quote]

I too concur, having missed this post.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i look at myself in mirrors all the time. when i walk by cars, buildings. idk, i think all people who pursue bodybuilding pick up some kind of narcicism. i mean think about it, its a sport/lifestyle/whatever that is completely focused on yourself.

im not 100% self-centered though. i like to help people, i like to teach them about things i know especially bodybuilding…but you could even argue that teaching in itself is somewhat narcicisitc since you have to think you know so much about something you can teach that other person.

it is what it is.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
HERO wrote:
HERO wrote:
I do take BCAA’s for pre, peri, and post workout nutrition, so I guess you know what side of the fence I’m on.

I concur.

I too concur, having missed this post.[/quote]

Silence! I concur.