Canola Oil Mayo?

I noticed that there is a mayo made with canola oil instead of vegetable (or wahtever) oil. It has 10grams of fat, 1 gram of saturated and 0 grams of trans fat. There are also a couple of grams of omega-3’s in it.

Besides the little bit of sugar in it (it has 0g of carbs listed) is there anything wrong with using this? (In moderation of course)

Anything is ok when used in moderation, depending on your definition of the word.

While not the best choice out there…probably a lot worse things you could eat than mayo. I for one enjoy a nice big tuna salad every now and again.

I have recently found a whole egg organic mayo available at one of the big chains in Australia. It comes in a couple of great flavours and is an excellent addition to my meals at night. one Tablespoon can add on a 150 calories at a time. Lots of good fats and a little protein kick.

I dont think that I would use it as much if I wasnt bulking, but it works great for me at the moment.

dudes…a batch of mayo takes about the same time to make as your morning oatmeal. include/exclude whatever you want.

[quote]fatguy99 wrote:
I noticed that there is a mayo made with canola oil instead of vegetable (or wahtever) oil. It has 10grams of fat, 1 gram of saturated and 0 grams of trans fat. There are also a couple of grams of omega-3’s in it.[/quote]

This is the one case where canola oil is a good idea, IMO. I think this is a great alternative for those that are looking for a store-mayo and don’t want to make their own.