T Nation

Cannot Stand in Water Polo

I just observed that the pool used in water polo is too deep to stand.

Holy shit!!!

And pole vaulting must be the most fun sport of all time.

Yeah water polo is not easy. I can’t believe people thought you can stand lol. You use a technique called egg beatering. Works wonder and if you’re good you can do it well enough to pop almost your entire torso out of the water for a shot. Fun stuff.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
I just observed that the pool used in water polo is too deep to stand.

Holy shit!!!

And pole vaulting must be the most fun sport of all time.[/quote]

Hahaha, sorry but that’s funny to me that you didn’t know that about water polo and yeh, it’s hard to imagine the stamina it would take.

I pole vaulted in high school and it is quite the rush. I never made it past 13 feet though and there are high school and college girls doing 15+ now, so I’m not here to brag. But fun? Hell yeh!

[quote]Mousse wrote:
msd0060 wrote:
I just observed that the pool used in water polo is too deep to stand.

Holy shit!!!

And pole vaulting must be the most fun sport of all time.

Hahaha, sorry but that’s funny to me that you didn’t know that about water polo and yeh, it’s hard to imagine the stamina it would take.

I pole vaulted in high school and it is quite the rush. I never made it past 13 feet though and there are high school and college girls doing 15+ now, so I’m not here to brag. But fun? Hell yeh![/quote]

You’d be surprised what an adrenaline rush can do for your stamina. I was NOT a good long distance swimmer and I would play entire games in high school without subbing out - something about the head to head and constant battling against the other players in polo gave me this rush where I could just go forever.

That and you’re usually pissed off the entire game from all the shit that goes on under the water that the refs can’t see. But when it came time for swim season I sucked hard. lol

I played defensive hole set back when I used to play (the person that guards the offensive player located directly in front of the goal).

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Jesus would own them all.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Jesus would own them all.[/quote]

But he would be cheating.

Yeah, this was probably time #2 for me to ever see water polo in action, hence me not knowing shit about it.

Olympic water polo is way easier than the way we play it…

Olympic-size pool, usually two balls, everyone wearing fins, and basically no rules. All that crap about what goes on beneath the water, blah blah blah? Try moving the ball or trying to score with five dudes attacking you.

Imagine smear the queer in a pool…with goals at each end.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Even though I never played organized water polo, the pick up games I did play in were the most cardiovascular activities I’ve ever done. And I have raced motocross, btw.

Notice how ‘soft’ the water polo players appear to be?[/quote]

Those that have not raced moto-x may not realize the significance Push. If I may add it is one of the most grueling for so many different reasons - I knew water polo looked tough, but would not have realized how tough had you not made that comparison.

[quote]boatguy wrote:
Olympic water polo is way easier than the way we play it…

Olympic-size pool, usually two balls, everyone wearing fins, and basically no rules. All that crap about what goes on beneath the water, blah blah blah? Try moving the ball or trying to score with five dudes attacking you.

Imagine smear the queer in a pool…with goals at each end.[/quote]

Water polo with fins on would be infinitely cooler than the current rules of water polo.

I played D-hole. it was nuts. Sprinting for 7 mins was crazy. D hole is less swimming and more ass kicking thats why I love it. At the end of a quarter you are like purple thou from being out of breath and u look stoned from how red your eyes are from all the chlorine. Love it thou

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:
I played D-hole. it was nuts. Sprinting for 7 mins was crazy. D hole is less swimming and more ass kicking thats why I love it. At the end of a quarter you are like purple thou from being out of breath and u look stoned from how red your eyes are from all the chlorine. Love it thou[/quote]

That’s what I’m saying man! D-hole is much more head to head contact. You vrs the hole set, whose going to win. Adrenaline rush FTW!

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Notice how ‘soft’ the water polo players appear to be?[/quote]

Being super lean may be a hinderance since you’re less buoyant and have to work even harder at staying afloat.