Canned Coconut Milk/Oil

Ingredients: Coconut Extract, Water, Citric Acid (As Antioxidant), Sodium Metabisulfite (as perservative)

Serving Size 1/3 cup
150 Calories
14 g fat
10g sat. fat

2g carbs

2g protein

I can’t really afford all those funky virgin coconut oils, but I have no problem with throwing in a can of coconut milk or two everytime I make a curry or soup. Is it a decent way to add calories? I’m trying to replace my milkfat intake with coconut fat intake.

Dev, yes its great stuff. Has all the same fats, a bit more flavor, and only a carb or so, a tad of protein as well. Most likely more of the natural nutrients and such as well.

Just try and find one with the least additives. Basically coconut milk. The one you listed isnt bad. Just watch for some with sugar added and other junk.

Also for ease of use and for travel. you may loojk into shredded coconut. Get the unsweetend stuff. It is GREAT addition to Grow! shakes and Stuir Fry’s. Kinda tough to find sometimes, usually at natural foods places and such. I used to get it at Trader Joes but as of late they have been out. So I ordered a case from bobs red mill along with flaxmeal.

Either way yes same stuff as the oils and most likely less processed.

Hope that helps,
Phill