Canned Chicken/Turkey

Ok so a complete newbie question for you guys again… do any of you eat canned chicken?? or Turkey?? I know most of you eat ungodly amouts of tuna which I wish I could stomach but how about the other canned stuff??

University student at the peak of laziness trying to avoid cooking. Thanks

Skinny-
I asked the same question a couple of months ago. Some people on here do eat canned chicken, I do sometimes. The reason that some don’t is because of the price. And watch out for the sodium. I eat tuna every once in a while if I am in a rush but I hate every minute of it.

i just bought a couple of tins of turkey, store brand, it was a lil salty for my liking but i would still buy it again, good amount of protein but it does taste salty! I actually just bought some yesterday my friend suggested it to me yesterday so i bought 3 tins, he usually mixes it with salad, today i brought it to work on bread for lunch, not bad but dont serve it to a date! LOL

I’ve been eating canned chicken, practically every morning for breakfast, for the past 3 or 4 years. I love the stuff. It only takes a tbsp or so of light mayo to taste good (unlike the 2 or 3 I need for tuna.) Try a can with 1 tbsp mayo and a diced apple on whole grain bread (I use low carb bread.) Everyone ive turned on to it has loved it. This is coming from someone that practically lived on tuna sandwiches growing up.

It’s too salty for my tastes. I’ll stick to grillin’ my chicken tits.

Certain brands of canned turkey seem to have some kind of congealed gelatin in them I just can’t seem to stomach.

Tuna with milk, however, I love.

DI

Cans of tuna are more palatable if you stir something into them, like a small amount of low fat Italian dressing (or some homemade w/olive oil, maybe?), some soy or oyster sauce, or even good ole fashoined fat-free mayo. I’ve also added spices to it and that really helps. Rotisserie chicken seasoning is great stuff, or seasoned salt, if you are waiting for a visit from the Sodium Fairy. Canned salmon’s great too, and the tuna and salmon packet thingys- they tend to taste fresher, I think.
It’s not the taste that gets me so much as the occasional scale or bone chip in there. Yick. Enjoy!

[quote]KnightRT wrote:
Certain brands of canned turkey seem to have some kind of congealed gelatin in them I just can’t seem to stomach.

Tuna with milk, however, I love.

DI[/quote]

And I thought I was the only one alive.