Cankles and Unattractive Tree Trunk Legs

hello,

long-time reader/first-time poster here.

ill keep this short - used to be a fat kid in middle school/HS/college(endomorph body type) with very little natural muscle tone in upper body and very thick lower body (ass/thighs/cankles).

over last 2 years, have been eating clean/lifting (lots of compound work), and moderate cardio (run/walk 5-10 miles/week). at 6’4", went from ~250 lbs/ ~23% BF to ~215 lbs/ ~12-14% BF. the fat loss and muscle growth is very, very noticeable most places, except i still have cankles.

i feel like this isnt even due to excess fat- its my ankle region, and i feel like i’m just “big” there, and even if i got down to 7% BF, i’d still have the problem, at least to a certain extent.

has anyone with a similar problem had an success in getting more athletic, “normal” looking legs?

i’d rather not post pictures at this time, but would be glad to PM if it would help.

I am not sure I understand the problem - you are saying you have disproportionately large ankles?

If yes, train calves harder and regularly.

You appear to have made decent progress so keep heading in that direction and you will get to where you need to be.

If bone structure or low calf insertion is the issue, there’s not much you can do. It’s hard to imagine someone who is 6’4" and 215 lbs with cankles. Pics or it didn’t happen. :slight_smile:

My recommendation is build forearms to match. Problem solved.

I think you are probably the only one that cares that much about your cankles.

I would try 3 weeks salt free. It is often water retention. Mesure your ankles in the morning water is not all down due to horizontal position and before sleep. Many say their shoes are tight in the evening(water retention). If low insertion points well that is life, look elsewhere.

Not to freak you out, but if you are talking about constant water build up and swelling in your lower legs, that could be serious. For one, it’s a possible sign of congestive heart failure. I’d get myself checked out if you have constant fluid build up.