T Nation

Cane Corso

I’d like to get one of these dogs, if someone happens to know any breeders in so cal or the surrounding area I’d love to know and perhaps get a PM :slight_smile:

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
I’d like to get one of these dogs, if someone happens to know any breeders in so cal or the surrounding area I’d love to know and perhaps get a PM :slight_smile:

[/quote]

My friend has one that he got from a breeder. He’s an awesome dog. Just huge! I don’t remember where the breeder was based out of, but I don’t recall it being local. We’re up in the Bay Area though. I’ll check with him tomorrow morning and let you know.

That dog is fucking BADASSSSSSSS.

I love them. I will own one as soon as I can give it the time and attention it deserves. And it will be my best friend.

Sorry, don’t know here to find one.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
I love them. I will own one as soon as I can give it the time and attention it deserves. And it will be my best friend.

[/quote]

I wish everyone with a dog had that attitude. Most people seem to get a dog for the novelty of it.

Here’s my friend’s as a puppy. I can’t find any recent pictures though. He’s about 140lbs fully grown. Very strong!

Found one.

Jk but here let’s have a look.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
meangenes wrote:

I wish everyone with a dog had that attitude. Most people seem to get a dog for the novelty of it. [/quote]

Oh no doubt, I don’t much like people and dogs are more loyal. Plus I have a lot of respect for this particular breed, I hold them in high regard.

I remember these dogs being very popular in Italy, they get to be pretty big as well. Beautiful animal.

Why does it have to be in SoCal? Why not just look online for out of state puppies?

This puppy is 6 weeks

I sent an email to a guy I know in Irvine who I think has a Cane. I know he had some kind of Italian mastiff but I can’t remember if it’s a Cane or Neo. I’ll forward any info if I get it.

For the record, I’ve been around one a few times and the dog was cool as hell. I want one myself.

I grew up with a Neo, and a buddy of mine in Arizona has one [I think he got it from Cali Xen, I’ll check and post back]. The thing with these dogs is they’re guard dogs, and really only love one person. They might like [it seems like more of a tolerance to me] others, but they’ll only have one person that’s “theirs”. That’s been my observation, and seems pretty consistant with what I’ve been told by breeders and owners.

Wow, that’s a cool breed I haven’t checked out before.

I was pretty set on a Boxer for my next dog (to go along with my Lab and Chesapeake Bay Retriever), but now I’m torn…

So cal area (arizona, nevada included) because I don’t want to travel too far with the pup.

And thanks for the info guys I’ll bump this for a week or two and see if anyone comes up with something.

I should be moving to a house in a few months probably january, and I’ll be grounded for some time (I usually like to travel but I doubt that i’ll be happening).

So I’ll have the time I always wanted to sit down and devote to having a dog. This is pretty much going to be my child/best friend/ partner in crime.

It’s Cane Corso or a rottweiler I’ve yet to decide.

http://valorcanecorsos.com/

Xen, my buddy got his from North Carolina. I breed pits [razors edge, it’s a bully breed] and the dude I bought my first two from got his start breeding Rots. He stopped when one of his rots attacked his little girl without provocation.

He said he had had some problems with the rots’ behavior overall, and when that happened he got rid of all of ‘em within the week. Not saying that is how all rots behave, just tossin’ that out there. He’s been breeding Razors edge now for 8+ years and has had no problems whatsoever.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Wow, that’s a cool breed I haven’t checked out before.

I was pretty set on a Boxer for my next dog (to go along with my Lab and Chesapeake Bay Retriever), but now I’m torn…[/quote]

I agree. I’m not sure if it’s in the same class as a Boxer or not, but I’ve always wanted a boxer, too.

Does anyone know what their behavior manneurisms are like?

EDIT: I guess it’s actually in the mastiff family.

Also, my boy just texted that the breeder highly reccommends a raw meat diet for the cane corso.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Xen, my buddy got his from North Carolina. I breed pits [razors edge, it’s a bully breed] and the dude I bought my first two from got his start breeding Rots. He stopped when one of his rots attacked his little girl without provocation.

He said he had had some problems with the rots’ behavior overall, and when that happened he got rid of all of ‘em within the week. Not saying that is how all rots behave, just tossin’ that out there. He’s been breeding Razors edge now for 8+ years and has had no problems whatsoever.[/quote]

It’s funny that you mention that. I had a rottie before and it attacked my mom without provocation… I thought perhaps it had just been because I wasn’t giving it enough attention (I was in high school at the time) and filed away that I’ll try again with a rot later. I’ll look into it a little more because I’ve heard great things, and then I’ve heard horrible things.

I think the breeder I got them from kept them in bad conditions and that led to perhaps a change in the dogs temperment even though I got him as a pup (i still miss that damn dog though, Zeus was his name). I got rottweiler rescue to take him in to make sure no one was going to use him as a fighting dog or something similar.

All else fails though my buddy breeds pitts and I think they might even be razors edge one’s like your’s I’ll check a lil later and report back.