Candito 6 Week Strength Program Any Good?

I’m thinking about switching over from Sheiko to Candito’s 6 week strength program. It looks like a solid program but I’m not sure if the stages of the program would be long enough for me to make optimal progress. I’m 5’7 165 pounds and I’ve been lifting for over 8 years. My current squat is at 400, bench is at 255, and my deadlift is at 355. My best deadlift was 455 but I had some injuries and I lost a lot of strength on the lift. My strength is coming back steadily for the lift though.

Do you guys think Candito’s 6 week strength program would be a good program for me to switch to make optimal progress based on my strength level and experience?

Pretty sure that program was set up specifically to peak for a meet. I have heard good things about it but if you want to run it for any appreciable period of time you’d have to reset it every 6 weeks. Not a huge deal but if I wasn’t peaking for a meet I’d probably be more preferential to something like 5/3/1 that can be run kind of indefinitely.

Basically comes down to personal choice thats all.

It’s 6 weeks and I’m pretty sure that it’s not going to make you weaker,so give it a shot and see in my opinion

If you are conditioned to handle Sheiko’s volume, I’d definitely stick to it over Candito’s program.

Part of the reason why I’m thinking of switching over from Sheiko is because I’m looking for a program that I can progress my deadlift I bit faster then with Sheiko. I got injured and lost about 120 pounds on my deadlift. I’m healthy now and my deadlift is slowly coming back up. The Sheiko app says I should do the advanced medium load witch is a 5 month program. I know Boris says not to increase your maxes until the program is over. Sheiko can be good for the long run but it’s slow and takes time to ad much weight to your lifts.

Do you have a powerlifting program that you would recommend over Sheiko or Candito’s program? I’m looking for a high frequency percentage based program.

If that is what you want, dig into Reactive Training Systems by Mike Tuscherer. He utilizes RPE values instead of fixed weights in his training system which allows you to progress on your own pace.

The strength will come, be patient.

Candito is a solid program though.