T Nation

Cancer: Consequence of Dirty Bulking?


#1

Shocking transformation of ex-bodybuilder given just three weeks to live after being diagnosed with liver cancer which he blames on 10,000 calorie per day pizza and energy drink diet

Dean Wharmby, 39, was told he had just three weeks to live in November
A large tumour was found on his liver and it was too big to operate on
He's fighting his illness using natural remedies and sticking to a strict diet
Huge u-turn for a man who used to eat eight bacon butties for breakfast, a Quarter Pounder meal as a snack and pizza while he waited for dinner
Washed 10,000 calories a day down with seven to eight energy drink cans

#2

Sounds like a solid nominee for this years Darwin award.


#3

CALORIES: DEAN WHARMBY’S AVERAGE DAILY DIET

Dean Wharmby was on a high-calorie diet for four to five years, as he tried to get make his body as big as possible. Here, he reveals what he ate during an average day.
Breakfast: An entire pack of bacon, made into eight sandwiches and a protein shake 2,500 calories
Snack: A steak muffin (sandwich) 225 calories
Snack: Two sweet potatoes and a full chicken 1,190 calories
Snack: A protein shake 262 calories

Snack: Two protein bars 580 calories
Snack: Large McDonalds Quarter Pounder meal with a diet Coke 855 calories
Snack: Supermarket bought pizza - normally pepperoni 888 calories
Dinner: Chips or rice with three chicken breasts or a steak 783 calories
Snack: 400g of beef on its own 1,000 calories
Supper: 15 boiled eggs 1,170 calories
Snack: Protein shake 262 calories
Total: 9,715 calories a day
But that is not all:
Overnight, Dean used to wake up every two hours to eat either a full pack of Jaffa Cakes, a jar of peanut butter, or more protein bars - pushing him over the 10,000 calorie-a-day mark

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3016080/Former-bodybuilder-liver-cancer-given-just-three-weeks-live-says-ll-beat-disease-healthy-eating.html#ixzz3VsVjsZn1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

S


#4

A pack a day of bacon per day every day??
Cured meats are forbidden on the diets of cancer survivors, so that should be a red flag to anyone ? cancer survivor or not.


#5

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
CALORIES: DEAN WHARMBY’S AVERAGE DAILY DIET

Dean Wharmby was on a high-calorie diet for four to five years, as he tried to get make his body as big as possible. Here, he reveals what he ate during an average day.
Breakfast: An entire pack of bacon, made into eight sandwiches and a protein shake 2,500 calories
Snack: A steak muffin (sandwich) 225 calories
Snack: Two sweet potatoes and a full chicken 1,190 calories
Snack: A protein shake 262 calories

Snack: Two protein bars 580 calories
Snack: Large McDonalds Quarter Pounder meal with a diet Coke 855 calories
Snack: Supermarket bought pizza - normally pepperoni 888 calories
Dinner: Chips or rice with three chicken breasts or a steak 783 calories
Snack: 400g of beef on its own 1,000 calories
Supper: 15 boiled eggs 1,170 calories
Snack: Protein shake 262 calories
Total: 9,715 calories a day
But that is not all:
Overnight, Dean used to wake up every two hours to eat either a full pack of Jaffa Cakes, a jar of peanut butter, or more protein bars - pushing him over the 10,000 calorie-a-day mark

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3016080/Former-bodybuilder-liver-cancer-given-just-three-weeks-live-says-ll-beat-disease-healthy-eating.html#ixzz3VsVjsZn1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

S[/quote]

If he needs that many calories to maintain his weight, what else could he do? Think how painful it would be to eat 10,000 clean calories/day


#6

yeah yeah, it was the food.

not the copious amounts of oral steroids.


#7

Nope. It was ROIDS!

ROIDS!!!


#8

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
yeah yeah, it was the food.

not the copious amounts of oral steroids.[/quote]

Theres established links between junk food and cancer. Are there between steroids and liver cancer?


#9

And a Diet Coke???


#10

In all seriousness, insulin sensitive cancers would grow much faster with this kind of diet. And if the guy was putting on a lot of fat tissue, it could definitely have increased his risk. People don’t seem to understand that much of what we do effects our cancer risk, it isn’t something that just happens or doesn’t happen.

I do find it funny that they call it a high fat/high protein diet, when the carbs are through the roof.


#11

Dude is a fucking idiot period.


#12

[quote]scoots2 wrote:
And a Diet Coke???[/quote]

WaylanderXX (used to post here) ended up with some health issues due to drinking a liter of diet Coke per day. Anyone hear from him lately?


#13

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
In all seriousness, insulin sensitive cancers would grow much faster with this kind of diet. And if the guy was putting on a lot of fat tissue, it could definitely have increased his risk. People don’t seem to understand that much of what we do effects our cancer risk, it isn’t something that just happens or doesn’t happen.

I do find it funny that they call it a high fat/high protein diet, when the carbs are through the roof.[/quote]

Good points.
Risk factors are most likely the greatest contributors to the onset of congenital cancers.


#14

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
yeah yeah, it was the food.

not the copious amounts of oral steroids.[/quote]

Indeed. Cirrhosis from orals and fatty liver from excess estrogen.

And he’s British, which meant he drank.


#15

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
yeah yeah, it was the food.

not the copious amounts of oral steroids.[/quote]

Indeed. Cirrhosis from orals and fatty liver from excess estrogen.

And he’s British, which meant he drank.[/quote]

How prominent is Cirrhosis amongst recreational anabolic steroid users?


#16

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

And he’s British, which meant he drank.[/quote]

And had poor dental hygene…

(I keed! I keed!)

S


#17

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
yeah yeah, it was the food.

not the copious amounts of oral steroids.[/quote]

Indeed. Cirrhosis from orals and fatty liver from excess estrogen.

And he’s British, which meant he drank.[/quote]

How prominent is Cirrhosis amongst recreational anabolic steroid users?[/quote]

Not as elevated as one would think. But combine stupid oral use with drink for years, and you’ve got a problem.

And this guy reeks of idiot who would do just that. For example: he was offered a new liver and refused.


#18

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

And he’s British, which meant he drank.[/quote]

And had poor dental hygene…

(I keed! I keed!)

S[/quote]

We know how to live.


#19

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I do find it funny that they call it a high fat/high protein diet, when the carbs are through the roof.[/quote]

Seriously. It also supports the idea that ‘processed shit’ is more than just simply macros.

I’d also guess it’s an inevitable result of modern technology increasingly facilitating an ‘instant gratification’ mindset.


#20

10,000 Cal everyday doesn’t even seem possible - over 600 calories every waking hour, everyday. I can put down some food when bulking, but that’s insane.

Imagine a road trip with this guy.