Canary in a Coal Mine

Dave- coming from you it is much appreciated…these reps were solid and I thought 8 for sure…then on rep 7 I got the bar out of the groove and I let get to me; so I racked.

DL 2x5x315
Incline BP Paused - did doubles up to an easy single a 195.

So that completes the first cycle of HFT for Deads. I’m supposed to max next session but given my elbow I’m going pass and just deload for the week. For the next cycle I’m cutting back to 4 days of DL but extending the cycle a week to give me a little more recovery time for the same amount of work…I can definitely see value in this as it forced me to focus on my set-up as well as focusing on driving my hips through as opposed to much lower back so I’ll see how I feel after the next cycle and adjust from there…

Going to tick weights up 10-15lbs

time to hit the Biofreeze

Peace

1 Like

Solid, steady work. Good luck with the elbow.

Thanks Crippler!.. after washing and waxing two cars yesterday my arm feels like its going to fall off… good thing its deload week or I would hurt myself

Let’s see healthy elbows and backs for bigger benches and Deads. Great work in spite of the obstacles. Have to have a talk with the manufacturer about making better elbows. Onwards and Upwards.

Getting ready for April? Kainen is excited to lift but I may just be a cheerleader and give lift offs for this one.

Steve I retired! I was gong to the meet to say hey and support the big dogs

GV- I’m ordering a back up pair of elbows…mine suck

DL 2x5x315
CGBP paused worked up to 2x2x235
Squeeze Press 2x12x50s
Trap Bar (EMOM) 10x2x280
Hip Thrusters 2x12x155 3 sec hold

Elbow is tender but no worse… Biofreeze time

Peace

DL 2x5x240
Javelin Press 3x12
Single Arm Cable row 3x10 with a pause

some other useless junk…

Peace

Hmmm… I doubt it is useless junk. Just can’t imagine you do anything without purpose.

CL- Don’t give me too much credit!

DL 2x5x285
Zercher 5x5x175
Rev BB lunge 3x8side
Seated Calf raise 2x15
BPA a bunch

went to the AFC championship Sunday I think I’m still tired…285 felt really heavy…and slow

Peace

Incline Tmill 30 min
Foam, mob
Incline mountain climbers …some
BPA’s some

Peace

DL 2x5x240
CGBP Paused 4x5x225
Pullover 3x10
Squeeze Press 2x12
Standing Single arm Supinated Row 4x10side
Incline DB single arm 2x10

Peace

1 Like

DL 2x5x315 1x375
Hip Thrusters 2x10x205 with 3 sec hold…
Trap Bar ( EMOM) 8x2x300
Seated Ham Curl 2x15

Productive

Peace

DL 2x5x225
Javelin Press 3x10x55
DB pullover 3x10
Supinated single arm cable row 3x10 with 2 sec hold
side lateral 2x12
DB rev fly (done on back ext) 3x15

Peace

DL 2x5x285
Zercher 5x5x185
Rev BB lunge 3x8x115
seated calf raise 2x15
back ext - just stretching

Peace

Incline T mill 35 min
Foam, lacrosse ball, mobility 30min

Got a massive 1.5 inches of snow last night…what a joke… the weather people said 4-6…

Peace

Spring here even though we had rare 18 degree weather about 4 weeks ago. Newly planted orange tree lost its leaves but branches remain green.

Got a brother in Greenwell Springs ( I think you are in La. right?) who is more than happy to send me weather updates everytime they predict snow or bitter cold… Its funny, I don’t hear much from him in the dead of summer?!! Glad to see you back in the gym…

My office is about 8 miles from Greenwell Springs.

1 Like