Canadians???

As you know I’m new here. I was overseas last year and started to frequent this site on an almost daily basis but couldn’t register due to security reasons.

I think I know who most of the Canadians are here, most seem to be in Alberta, are any of you military, if so - unit, MOC???

How about other countries, my guess would be that there are quite a few …

Yep, there’s plenty in Alberta. But there’ll be more soon. We just found out yesterday that we have more oil than Saudi Arabia.

Don’t let that secret out though. Pretty soon someone south of here will say we have weapons of mass destruction, and Photoshop a picture of us attaching a TOW-missile to a beaver, and then all hell will break loose. We’ll get somehow attached to Montana. But as long as our “dictator” is overthrown, and the oil goes to the right people, who cares?

...Yes, and like Operation Iraqi Freedom, the Canadians are bound to do nothing until its too late.

lol. you’re funny.

oh, wait. remember 53 years ago when Canada was fighting the Nazi’s while the US sat back and watched for two full years?

Too funny. Thanks for the lesson. You made my day. Proved my point too about some of you. Have a fabulous, propaganda-soaked day.

Diesel …why don’t you tell us exactly what YOU PERSONALLY have done to support the US led war on anti-terrorism …where have you served since 9-11??

What do you do for a living? I’ve been wearing the uniform for the last 15 years …just a guess but I can probably name more American soldiers than you could name combat units in your own country’s Armed Forces.

Don’t get me wrong brother, 99% of the time I agree with your opinion and I support your point of view …so I’m not picking a fight, I just think that like the majority of the population, you base your opinions on what you read and hear and not on first-hand experience.

Anyway, arguing over politics is a moot point, I have yet to meet a US soldier who has anything negative to say about me personally or our Army, nor do we about them.

SmileCreator,out of respect for SDNsnapper I refuse to answer to anymore of your replies on this particular thread. One bad apple doesnt justify painting all others in a bad light.

SDNsnapper, you have my respect for serving in your country's military. Im sure youll understand my comments at times come from a healthy rivalry with other T-Maggers, and not from disrespect to those who, like you serve your country. Like you, many of us serve in our countries military.

well said TheSmileCreator, very well said

...enlisted in my country's military and awaiting ship to bootcamp. Wasnt aware more was needed, you live and you learn.
  Please feel free to ignore my previous post on refusing to reply to SmileCreator. 

Healthy rivalry is even healthier amongst brothers in arms …now that we know where each other is coming from I’ll be more than happy to trade insults :slight_smile:

Diesel,my main problem with original post on this topic is that you seem to paint everybody with the same brush. It was the decision of the Canadian government not to paricipate in the war in Iraq. From your previous posts, everyone knows where you stand on this issue. I chose not to comment until you went and slamming Canadians. The fact is, there are many people in this country who are happy to see the end of Saddam Hussein. For me personally, because I have an Aunt and Uncle in Kuwait who lost everything during the Gulf War. You can’t catagorize people from a country based on the actions of its government. The Liberal government in Canada is our version of the Democrats in your country. Do you honestly think the U.S. would have attacked Iraq if the Democrats had been in control?

I agree 100% with not painting everyone with the same brush …and while we’re on the subject of Canadian support to the war effort, propoganda, and the media …both the leader of our government and the media have stated that there was no Canadian involvement …let me ask you something - are you always so quick to take everything those 2 sources say as gospel? According to them, we were never in Kosovo during the war either.
Diesel - “you live and you learn” - indeed, after Boot Camp you’ll start learning.

Hey, is it OK to not paint all Americans with the same brush? That seems to be fashionable around the world lately.

Hey Sapper:

Sorry for bringing out the worst in some people.

My cousin, who is as close to me as a brother, left my side 18 years ago to do BT followed by slugging it out in PPCLI. He’s done all the tours. Then he got recognized and punished at the same time by being sent to OT in Chilliwack. His stories make me realize how much you’ve done. He and I were the first to show exactly what a “sapper” can do (our high school let you use whatever chemicals you wanted, as long as you didn’t make drugs - making explosives and detonation training was okay though).
Thanks for your contribution. I feel badly for the people killed on 9/11, and I feel equally as bad for 4 Canadian soldiers from PPCLI killed by “friendly fire” aka “Huge Mistake”. That’s the price for supporting “freedom” I guess. Welcome to the forum.

CDSnapper:

Reread my second reply. It said 'SmileCreator,out of respect for SDNsnapper I refuse to answer to anymore of your replies on this particular thread. One bad apple doesnt justify painting all others in a bad light. 

SDNsnapper, you have my respect for serving in your country’s military. Im sure youll understand my comments at times come from a healthy rivalry with other T-Maggers, and not from disrespect to those who, like you serve your country. Like you, many of us serve in our countries military.’

Can you fuckin UNDESRTAND THAT? Seems like you need some reading comprehension skills. By the way what branch of the canadian military do you serve, and what is your occupation.

Note Canada is an independent country from the states. A free country with the right to choose. We choose not to fight in this particular war without UN sanctions. Oh no. We are evil now. Listen friends can disagee and still be friends. When one of my friends doesn’t want to do something because he doesn’t believe it’s right I don’t cry like a baby about it. Before the flames start note that I never protested the war. I just wish that it had been sanctioned by the UN. Also we did patrol many locations dispite being “officially” not in the war. Something alot of countries who said they would help didn’t even do. Proud to be Canadian. :slight_smile:

I…AM…CANADIAN!!! (Got to love our beer ads.) :slight_smile:

MOC- 052 Lineman, Out of 1 Line Squadron in Kingston.( CFJSR )
-THROUGH_

arcanecocaine,
Sorry your trash about “agreeing to disagree” does not stand up to any serious scrutiny. True friends are those who stand by you when you need them most. You cannot logically disassociate saddam and his gang from other terrorists. Ask Kuwait. Ask the palestinian families who received $36,000 every time one of their family members carried out a suicide attack against Israel. Do you idiots seriously think that there was no support from al-qaeda inside Iraq? Wait a tick, we’ve already found several of their camps inside Iraq. Do you support terrorist nations?
We would have liked to have had your support in our time of need. England, Poland, Australia and others are our true friends. We will not forget that you could not be counted upon in our time of need. Canada made a mistake. This was not the time to make some sort of “we are independent from the wishes of the United States” statement. By agreeing with the french position, you share in their odium. I would be reassured if some of you would be brave enough to say that your government was wrong. You cannot all be suffering from an inferiority complex. It must be tough for some of you to still be maintaining that the war was unjustified. Had we listened to you, people would still be being shredded in the wood cutter. Think about that. Are you glad that saddam has been removed by the United States? For those of you who still maintain that the United States acted unjustly, I say there is no excuse for your position. By the way, go to www.cnn.com. Weapons of mass destruction are about to come out of the woodwork.
Again, I hope some of you Canadians are sensible enough to admit publically that your government was wrong.

People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

You allow neo-Nazi’s to build up within your own borders and do nothing.
You allow your population to grow up hungry and unable to read.
You profit from a health care system that is in 5th place in the world, behind CUBA’s health care.
You supported Saddam.

Nice.
I don’t agree with my Prime Minister’s stand. But I don’t have to agree with this crap about standing shoulder to shoulder while a country is mowed down “to free it”.
I’m done with this discussion.

Again, I hope some of you Canadians are sensible enough to admit publically that your government was wrong.

jersey pull!
:0)~