T Nation

Canadians - Liquid Egg Whites?

Any canadians here who use pasturized liquid egg whites as a substitute/supplement with protein powder?

I was checking out the products at www.eggwhitesint.com but they only ship in the USA! Anyone know of Canadian companies that sell similar stuff? I’ve been searching the net…but no luck. I’d like to try that stuff out, it looks handy. I use liquid egg whites from a carton all the time but they need to be cooked.

I never saw that in supplements stores, do you have a link of the one from the usa so i can check it out?

thank you

Luigi

I used to buy “Simply Egg Whites”. I think they were made by Burnbrae… or somethin. I don’t think you need to go to a supplements store to get’em. They should be available in most grocery stores (that’s where I bought’em). Thing is, I live in Montreal, but you should be able to find some pretty easily, maybe another brand.

Sorry my bad, i didn’t read correctly the post.

Yes, I’ve been using the “Simply egg whites” too. They’re great for omlettes and such, I love 'em…but the egg whites that they are selling on www.eggwhitesint.com come in a pump bottle… apparently they have no taste/smell and don’t have to be cooked. So you can just add them to any drink for extra, very useable, protien. Sounds neat, but I cant find a company or health store that sells a similar product in Canada. :frowning:

there are two products that are normally available in canada that are pasturized egg whites. while a good source of protein, it can lead to nutrient deficiencies due to avidin (a protein) binding biotin. thorough cooking will denature this and other allergenic proteins and allow you to absorb more free amino acids. if purchasing egg white protein, make sure it is denatured.

or you may consider eating the whole egg, omega 3 and free range/organic taste best.

[quote]Jade1 wrote:
Yes, I’ve been using the “Simply egg whites” too. They’re great for omlettes and such, I love 'em…but the egg whites that they are selling on www.eggwhitesint.com come in a pump bottle… apparently they have no taste/smell and don’t have to be cooked. So you can just add them to any drink for extra, very useable, protien. Sounds neat, but I cant find a company or health store that sells a similar product in Canada. :frowning: [/quote]

I used to buy frozen, pasteurized egg whites at an old gym years ago…mixed them with OJ…OMG…the worst, nastiest gas ever.

if you’re in toronto i can tell you a place to get them in bulk (not egg whites int but a place).

if not: try a bakery supply store - or just an egg shop.

i get 5 gallon drums for about $35. just a bitch finding somewhere to store them.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:

you may consider eating the whole egg, omega 3 and free range/organic taste best.[/quote]

WOW!! What a concept! Eating real, healthy food, that hasn’t been processed, pasteurized and put into containers.

And cooking something…forget about it!