T Nation

Canadian Syringe Supplier

[quote]Dylanj wrote:
getpinz.com, where all my friends order theirs[/quote]

They don’t ship outside the US.

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
Dynamo Hum wrote:
Maybe mail order (online order) from the U.S. Then there are brokerage fees and delays that make it impractical.

I don’t know anything about broker fees, but I would order them from researchsupply.net if it were me. It would be worth the wait considering how fast you go through consumables.

For example, you can get 50 3ml syringes for $25 in Canada, or get 200 of them for $23 here. Needles are about half the price of Canada’s.

I would then buy pins locally on an as-needed basis until my big box arrived.[/quote]

UPS brokerage fees can make it pretty pointless. I ordered a $30 DVD from Elite with $16 UPS shipping. When it got here, they wanted $48 ‘brokerage’ costs. Just to keep in mind when pricing things.

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
UPS brokerage fees can make it pretty pointless. I ordered a $30 DVD from Elite with $16 UPS shipping. When it got here, they wanted $48 ‘brokerage’ costs. Just to keep in mind when pricing things.[/quote]

Wow. The broker fee is more than the DVD and shipping combined. In that case, I would stay local if I were Hum.

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
Since I am planning to inject 0.9ml test enanthate EOD, a 1ml (1cc) syringe would be easier to measure a precise dose would it not?
[/quote]

For that amount, yes, a smaller barrel would make it easier to dose. Out of curiosity, why not do 1ml E3D since you ordered 250mg/ml?

I completely agree, just got with the 3ml barrels and shoot E3D instead of complicating a test e injection.

Edit: And while ordering anything over the border its always best to go with larger orders as you will get hit with a minimum $10 brokerage fee and the gst. As well as that rotten pst stuff if you happen to have it in your province.

[quote]RollingStone wrote:
Dynamo Hum wrote:
RollingStone wrote:
Why not buy them over the counter for 10-30 cents a piece?

I haven’t priced them recently at a local pharmacy, but as LilLGuy mentioned, prices are going up steeply and they often give you the fifth degree. Where do you get yours and how do you go about it?

Shoppers Drug Mart usually for 10-30 cents. They have different gauge needles, and different ml barrels.

Wal-Mart even sells OTC but less variety.

Know what you want and ask for specific needle gauge and barrel volume and you won’t have problems.

If they do ask, say it’s for B12 injections.

It should be non prescription everywhere in Canada.[/quote]

Thanks. Great info. Actually, a friend of mine gets her 1cc syringes at Pharmaprix (pharmacy) for around $0.25 apiece. I’m going to check there tomorrow. I’m planning on getting the following:

  • 25 x 1cc barrels (for 0.9ml test enanthate E3D - 10 wks)
  • 25 x 25 GA 1.5" needles (to inject above)
  • 25 x 20 GA 1" needles (To draw from vial, then change to 25 GA to inject ensuring sharpness)
  • 50 x 0.5cc 0.5" 29 GA insulin syringes (for 250iu hCG EOD - reconstituted at 2000iu/ml so a fully loaded .5cc barrel will yield 4 250iu shots. Wipe down with alcohol swab, cap and refridgerate between shots.)

[quote]Dylanj wrote:
getpinz.com, where all my friends order theirs[/quote]

Dylanj,

They don’t have much variety. I am looking for 1 cc barrels to easily dose 0.9 ml. Thanks just the same…

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
Dynamo Hum wrote:
Maybe mail order (online order) from the U.S. Then there are brokerage fees and delays that make it impractical.

I don’t know anything about broker fees, but I would order them from researchsupply.net if it were me. It would be worth the wait considering how fast you go through consumables.

For example, you can get 50 3ml syringes for $25 in Canada, or get 200 of them for $23 here. Needles are about half the price of Canada’s.

I would then buy pins locally on an as-needed basis until my big box arrived.

UPS brokerage fees can make it pretty pointless. I ordered a $30 DVD from Elite with $16 UPS shipping. When it got here, they wanted $48 ‘brokerage’ costs. Just to keep in mind when pricing things.[/quote]

Good point.

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:

Dynamo Hum wrote:
Since I am planning to inject 0.9ml test enanthate EOD, a 1ml (1cc) syringe would be easier to measure a precise dose would it not?

For that amount, yes, a smaller barrel would make it easier to dose. Out of curiosity, why not do 1ml E3D since you ordered 250mg/ml?[/quote]

Hey Shadow,

I went with 0.9ml E3D since that dosage yields 525mg/wk. I figure that is ample for a first cycle. 1ml E3D yields 583mg/wk. Not much difference really. What do you think?

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
I completely agree, just got with the 3ml barrels and shoot E3D instead of complicating a test e injection.

Edit: And while ordering anything over the border its always best to go with larger orders as you will get hit with a minimum $10 brokerage fee and the gst. As well as that rotten pst stuff if you happen to have it in your province.[/quote]

I hear you on brokerage fees and our lovely provincial tax LillGuy. I still think I like the 1cc barrels since .9ml E3D of 250mg/ml test enathate yields me 525mg/wk.

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
Hey Shadow,

I went with 0.9ml E3D since that dosage yields 525mg/wk. I figure that is ample for a first cycle. 1ml E3D yields 583mg/wk. Not much difference really. What do you think?[/quote]

Personally, I would go with the 1ml inject to make things simple. This would be especially true in your case considering you’ve heard that the test may be underdosed to begin with.

Heaven forbid the gear’s BA content is a little high, because you won’t have any room to add cutting oil if you go with a 1cc barrel.

Also, it may just be me, but I find slin pins more painful. Perhaps it’s because I don’t change the pin after sticking it in the vial. You’ll be using the same one 4 times? You’re braver than I. :slight_smile:

There was a discussion regarding the need to swab before injection. Somebody stated that alcohol isn’t the best when it comes to killing bacteria. I would keep that in mind and use a new slin pin each time. I always use a new needle and I still ended up with 2 minor infections. It’s not worth it to save a few pennies.

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
Edit: And while ordering anything over the border its always best to go with larger orders as you will get hit with a minimum $10 brokerage fee and the gst. As well as that rotten pst stuff if you happen to have it in your province.[/quote]

I’m a member on a gun forum and every now and then they would have a “group buy” for bullets. You Canadian guys should do something like that. Would make things easier and dirt cheap. :slight_smile:

IMO stick with 3ml barrels.

If you’re going to be shooting almost a full ml with a 1ml barrel then to fill the whole thing the plunger is going to be almost coming off the back.

3ml barrels are easy to dose 1ml.

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:

Personally, I would go with the 1ml inject to make things simple. This would be especially true in your case considering you’ve heard that the test may be underdosed to begin with.

[/quote]

Good point. I thought about the possibility the test may be underdosed. I think I will go with 1ml E3D to help ensure a sufficiently potent dose. Thanks.

A compelling reason to go with the 3ml barrels. I’m convinced and will do. Thanks again.

I could always backload the slin pin so it is fresh upon first injection. That uses up another syringe however. I guess I’ll just start as you suggest one slin pin per injection, and see if I can improve upon methods with trial and error and seeing what others do. You’re batting 500 !!

You are right again. I am finding out that syringes are really not that expensive and can be readily had at local pharmacies. Avoiding being sidetracked by infections is well worth the modest cost.

Thanks for taking the time to thoughtfully weigh in. It is posts like yours that serve as a sounding board and assist those less versed to make the best educated decisions. Much appreciated.

[quote]RollingStone wrote:
IMO stick with 3ml barrels.

If you’re going to be shooting almost a full ml with a 1ml barrel then to fill the whole thing the plunger is going to be almost coming off the back.

3ml barrels are easy to dose 1ml.[/quote]

RollingStone,

Yes, I had thought of that and your post along with Shadow’s has convinced me to go the 3ml route.

Thanks buddy…

Picked up syringes and needles at local pharmacy (Pharmaprix) today.

25 x BD 3 ml barrels
25 x BD 25G 1.5" needles (to inject test)
25 x BD 21G 1" needles (to draw test vial)
50 x BD 29G 0.5cc insulin needles (for hCG)

Grand Total: $37.45 Cdn

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
Picked up syringes and needles at local pharmacy (Pharmaprix) today.

25 x BD 3 ml barrels
25 x BD 25G 1.5" needles (to inject test)
25 x BD 21G 1" needles (to draw test vial)
50 x BD 29G 0.5cc insulin needles (for hCG)

Grand Total: $37.45 Cdn[/quote]

Here I was hoping you would find a sweet online supplier. I don’t think I could get anything around here. Ottawa perhaps but even there, I have only ever seen Insulin needles on the shelves.

Do you mind me asking which province you are in? Or you could PM me if you want to keep it quiet.

MrZsasz,
Just go to your local shoppers drug mart if all else fails. In the past I have got a discount of some sort ordering box quanity from them when I used to live in Ontario.

[quote]RollingStone wrote:
IMO stick with 3ml barrels.

If you’re going to be shooting almost a full ml with a 1ml barrel then to fill the whole thing the plunger is going to be almost coming off the back.

3ml barrels are easy to dose 1ml.[/quote]

thats all I use is 3ml barrels

I can dose them in .50ml doses.

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
Dynamo Hum wrote:
Picked up syringes and needles at local pharmacy (Pharmaprix) today.

25 x BD 3 ml barrels
25 x BD 25G 1.5" needles (to inject test)
25 x BD 21G 1" needles (to draw test vial)
50 x BD 29G 0.5cc insulin needles (for hCG)

Grand Total: $37.45 Cdn

Here I was hoping you would find a sweet online supplier. I don’t think I could get anything around here. Ottawa perhaps but even there, I have only ever seen Insulin needles on the shelves.

Do you mind me asking which province you are in? Or you could PM me if you want to keep it quiet.[/quote]

Hey MrZsasz,

I live in Quebec. They didn’t even blink when I asked for the syringes and needles. They do know me however and I have been prescribed hCG and HGH at this pharmacy before. I don’t think they would have given me too much trouble even if they didn’t know me however.

MrZsasz,

BTW, normally pharmacies keep most syringes behind the prescription counter. You just ask the pharmacist.