Canadian Syringe Supplier

Can anyone recommend a good online source for syringes in Canada?

I only know of one. Outside of some of the usual pharmacies, of course… canadianmedsupplies.com

Id like to pick some up in the near future as well as all the local pharmacys seem to have jacked up their prices in recent times.

Are syringes illegal up there? Would be way cheaper to buy in the states. Those prices are horrendous.

Why not buy them over the counter for 10-30 cents a piece?

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
I only know of one. Outside of some of the usual pharmacies, of course… canadianmedsupplies.com[/quote]

MrZsasz,

Thanks, I’ll check it out after work this evening.

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
Id like to pick some up in the near future as well as all the local pharmacys seem to have jacked up their prices in recent times.[/quote]

LillGuy,

Hopefully we can find a cheap and reliable source through this thread.

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
Are syringes illegal up there? Would be way cheaper to buy in the states. Those prices are horrendous.[/quote]

Hey Shadow,

Don’t really know about legality. As far as I know it’s legal to buy them locally or online within Canada. It would be interesting to know whether they can be legally brought back and declared from the US. Then again, I guess they would ask what they were intended for and that could focus unwanted attention. Maybe mail order (online order) from the U.S. Then there are brokerage fees and delays that make it impractical.

Thoughts…

[quote]RollingStone wrote:
Why not buy them over the counter for 10-30 cents a piece?[/quote]

I haven’t priced them recently at a local pharmacy, but as LilLGuy mentioned, prices are going up steeply and they often give you the fifth degree. Where do you get yours and how do you go about it?

Bump

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
Maybe mail order (online order) from the U.S. Then there are brokerage fees and delays that make it impractical.
[/quote]

I don’t know anything about broker fees, but I would order them from researchsupply.net if it were me. It would be worth the wait considering how fast you go through consumables.

For example, you can get 50 3ml syringes for $25 in Canada, or get 200 of them for $23 here. Needles are about half the price of Canada’s.

I would then buy pins locally on an as-needed basis until my big box arrived.

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
Dynamo Hum wrote:
Maybe mail order (online order) from the U.S. Then there are brokerage fees and delays that make it impractical.

I don’t know anything about broker fees, but I would order them from researchsupply.net if it were me. It would be worth the wait considering how fast you go through consumables.

For example, you can get 50 3ml syringes for $25 in Canada, or get 200 of them for $23 here. Needles are about half the price of Canada’s.

I would then buy pins locally on an as-needed basis until my big box arrived.[/quote]

Thanks Shadow. I’ll check it out.

Just try a few local pharmacies. The pharms can charge whatever they want so just find a place where they are nice and tell them you usually pay $.25 a piece or so and they’ll give it to you.

another place I go is to the local needle exchange. I get to give them my old ones and get new ones for dirt cheap. for $20 I get 80 3ml with 23g Pin ($.25/each) I can’t get specific pins there but getting precapped drawing syringes is nice. Its also a good way to dispose of your needles.

Joe

[quote]ironjoe wrote:
Just try a few local pharmacies. The pharms can charge whatever they want so just find a place where they are nice and tell them you usually pay $.25 a piece or so and they’ll give it to you.

another place I go is to the local needle exchange. I get to give them my old ones and get new ones for dirt cheap. for $20 I get 80 3ml with 23g Pin ($.25/each) I can’t get specific pins there but getting precapped drawing syringes is nice. Its also a good way to dispose of your needles.

Joe[/quote]

Thanks Joe. I don’t think we have a needle exchange in my city. I’ll try a few pharmacies for prices.

The only thing I can get from a needle exchange here in the city where I live are slin pins.

A good friend of mine has ordered with success from researchsupply.net however he only bought barrels and not pins due to possible issues with the border.

I will likley get him to try a sample smaller order with some pins as well.

There is one local pharm in town that is as low as .25 a piece and others as high as .50 Many places do not stock the proper size.

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
RollingStone wrote:
Why not buy them over the counter for 10-30 cents a piece?

I haven’t priced them recently at a local pharmacy, but as LilLGuy mentioned, prices are going up steeply and they often give you the fifth degree. Where do you get yours and how do you go about it?[/quote]

Shoppers Drug Mart usually for 10-30 cents. They have different gauge needles, and different ml barrels.

Wal-Mart even sells OTC but less variety.

Know what you want and ask for specific needle gauge and barrel volume and you won’t have problems.

If they do ask, say it’s for B12 injections.

It should be non prescription everywhere in Canada.

Or tell them it’s none of their business as they have no right to refuse to sell them.

the good old B12 excuse. We need to collectively come up with a new one, I think they are on to us lol.

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
The only thing I can get from a needle exchange here in the city where I live are slin pins.

A good friend of mine has ordered with success from researchsupply.net however he only bought barrels and not pins due to possible issues with the border.

I will likley get him to try a sample smaller order with some pins as well.

There is one local pharm in town that is as low as .25 a piece and others as high as .50 Many places do not stock the proper size.[/quote]

LillGuy,

I gave researchsupply.net a lookover and it looks solid and prices are good. They are limited in their selection of syringe size however. They only stock 3ml with or without needles or insulin syringes. Since I am planning to inject 0.9ml test enanthate EOD, a 1ml (1cc) syringe would be easier to measure a precise dose would it not? 1cc or even 0.5 cc Insulin syringes would be fine for hCG as I may reconstitute at 2iu/ml yielding 4 doses (250iu EOD) from a syringe filled to 0.5cc.

I found this site (but have no experience with them) which has more size variety. How important is syringe size?

getpinz.com, where all my friends order theirs