Canadian Provinces -> U.S. States?

However, if the the Judge rules in Newfoundland’s favour, which is very likely to happen, then all of Quebec may want to separate from Canada. They’ll elect a separatist government and a third referendum will be held and be successful this time. (The last referendum in 1995 only lost by less then one percent)

So there you have it: use this issue to make Quebec voters believe they got screwed by Canada, and within five years they vote to secede. When Quebec leaves Canada, the country is then geographically cut off from the four eastern provinces. Richer western provinces like BC and Alberta will then separate, Ontario will separate, and the remaining provinces will probably end up as American states, with the three richer ones soon to follow for the sake of unity and military protection.

I guess the old war cry “Fifty-four Forty or Fight!” might become true after all.

Welcome Canadians, to the greatest country in the history of the world!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
However, if the the Judge rules in Newfoundland’s favour, which is very likely to happen, then all of Quebec may want to separate from Canada. They’ll elect a separatist government and a third referendum will be held and be successful this time. (The last referendum in 1995 only lost by less then one percent)

So there you have it: use this issue to make Quebec voters believe they got screwed by Canada, and within five years they vote to secede. When Quebec leaves Canada, the country is then geographically cut off from the four eastern provinces. Richer western provinces like BC and Alberta will then separate, Ontario will separate, and the remaining provinces will probably end up as American states, with the three richer ones soon to follow for the sake of unity and military protection.

I guess the old war cry “Fifty-four Forty or Fight!” might become true after all.

Welcome Canadians, to the greatest country in the history of the world![/quote]

Sure, one moment they got rid of their federal government they will beg to crawl under the yoke of yours.

Is you crazy?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Sure, one moment they got rid of their federal government they will beg to crawl under the yoke of yours.

Is you crazy?

[/quote]

If its to their benefit to do so, I can see it. If they have chaos and social disorder especially, it might be an option.

I posted the above more in fun than anything.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Is you crazy?

[/quote]

Did you read anyting at the website? Its a bag full of crazy.

Crazy for sure, but good for a laugh.
Ex. 1 - “Both Cathy O’Brien and Brice Taylor were victims of the CIA’s MK-Ultra mind control program, which is designed to create human robots to serve functions ranging from prostitutes to couriers to killers.”
Ex. 2 - "Satanism in music first became visible when the face of Aleister Crowley appeared on the cover of the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper album. "

There are definitely some gems in there.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Is you crazy?

[/quote]

If its to their benefit to do so, I can see it. If they have chaos and social disorder especially, it might be an option.

I posted the above more in fun than anything.
[/quote]

Why would there be social disorder, there was no social disorder in the ungoverned backwoods of the Confederate South, so why would there be in Canada. Anarchy or small government does not produce Chaos, no one has proved that, especially with empirical evidence.

Quebec isn’t going to do anything. Have you talked to anyone that lives in Quebec lately? I have.

Nice try though HH :slight_smile:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
Quebec isn’t going to do anything. Have you talked to anyone that lives in Quebec lately? I have.

[/quote]So your opinion, 007, is that the separatist movement is dead forever or at least for the foreseeable future?
[/quote]

The dude I talked to who has lived his whole life there(Montreal) and has a restaurant that alot of polititions frequent. The general thinking is Quebec is very prosperous lately. No one wants to rock the boat. Most of the folks who voted to separate back in 98’ or whatever it was are now all growed up, have bills to pay, morgages etc. Also a shitload of companys were threatening to leave the province.

Just last week Lucien Bouchard who was one of the main players said if there was a vote today it would fail…again.

The other fly in their ointment is the Native Indians and that is a huge fucking fly lol.

So no, can’t see it happnin’ anytime soon Pushharder…but you never know.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]So your opinion, 007, is that the separatist movement is dead forever or at least for the foreseeable future?
[/quote]

The dude I talked to who has lived his whole life there(Montreal) and has a restaurant that alot of polititions frequent. The general thinking is Quebec is very prosperous lately. No one wants to rock the boat. Most of the folks who voted to separate back in 98’ or whatever it was are now all growed up, have bills to pay, morgages etc. Also a shitload of companys were threatening to leave the province.

Just last week Lucien Bouchard who was one of the main players said if there was a vote today it would fail…again.

The other fly in their ointment is the Native Indians and that is a huge fucking fly lol.

[/quote]

I’d like to see it happen so we could have all those new states and all the oil. Then, more taxpayers to pay down our debt. That’s only fair since Canadians got free defense courtesy of the US taxpayer anyway.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Push,

I pretty much agree with Mr. Bond here. Although I haven’t had many discussions with a lot of people lately, Quebec currently has way too many reasons NOT to leave.

At the moment they are very prosperous relative to the time of the last referendum, however they also hold the greatest debt to provincial GDP ratio in the country. A lot of the services they offer are paid for through Federal transfers.

Then there is also the issue of the North-Eastern section separating from Quebec. This area has quite a bit of Native population (called First Nations) who do not want to lose the Federal support and rights they receive. No matter how much they (the First nations) disagree with the current federal arrangement, Quebec will not be so generous, and they know it. In addition to that, they operate like most rural communities and unofficially share services with Labrador.

Separatism will rear its ugly head again, but I can’t see it in the foreseeable future.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

I’d like to see it happen so we could have all those new states and all the oil. Then, more taxpayers to pay down our debt. That’s only fair since Canadians got free defense courtesy of the US taxpayer anyway.
[/quote]

Do you think you could handle the same-sex marriage, soft-on-crime, pot smoking, state sponsored healthcare (and people agreeing with it), partial state funded post-secondary education, year-long maternity (up to 6 month paternity option) leave, extensive unemployment insurance, and substantial welfare coverage???

Man I think you would explode!!! :slight_smile:

EDIT: By the way, you still owe us defense support for screwing us over with the Avro Arrow!!!

What is going on that a judge is even voting for?
Some kind of background on wtf you are talking about would help in the future.

I just read it.
I hope this does result in Quebec seceding, they deserve to have their own country.
However, as for the rest of Canada collapsing and joining the USA, why?
That is a completely unrelated extrapolation.

As for Newfoundland, they got screwed, but that is their only fault, why would you sign some 60 year contract with a set price for the time, that’s more than half a century, shit changes.
Fools deserve what they get.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Do you think you could handle the same-sex marriage, soft-on-crime, pot smoking, state sponsored healthcare (and people agreeing with it), partial state funded post-secondary education, year-long maternity (up to 6 month paternity option) leave, extensive unemployment insurance, and substantial welfare coverage???

Man I think you would explode!!! :slight_smile:

EDIT: By the way, you still owe us defense support for screwing us over with the Avro Arrow!!! [/quote]

We’d get rid of all those things, so the money could be used to pay down our national debt. And if you try and secede later (see the Jefferson vs Lincoln thread), we will fire bomb your cities and our armies will carry off your possessions!!

All quebecers who think Quebec should separate from Canada should be shot on the spot.
This stupid way of thinking has all to do with the xenophobic old fucks that inhabit that province.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
All quebecers who think Quebec should separate from Canada should be shot on the spot.
This stupid way of thinking has all to do with the xenophobic old fucks that inhabit that province.
[/quote]

I think one of the old fucks you speak of was Jacques Parizeau the Premier of Quebec at the time. I will never forget the night he gave his speech after the they lost. I was at work listining to it on the radio. When he said that they lost the referendum because of money and the ethnic vote my jaw just dropped to the floor. What a fucking tool. That flushing sound you heard was his political career going down the drain after that speech.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Oil? New states? how dare you forget Bryan Adams, denim tuxedo’s, mullets, round bacon, Celine Dion, Labatts and geese
signed
Canadians eh

PS- won’t they have to get independence from the British before any of this supposedly happens?. Just asking