Canadian Orders and Customs

I live in Vancouver and have a package delivery service at a mail box store in the states. It is alot cheeper ar free for shipping and the customs guards only make you pay duty some of the time dependig on the size of your order. but even them it is only gst and no brokerage fees.

if that option is avaliable to you it does work quite well.

[quote]knobbers wrote:
I live in Vancouver and have a package delivery service at a mail box store in the states. It is alot cheeper ar free for shipping and the customs guards only make you pay duty some of the time dependig on the size of your order. but even them it is only gst and no brokerage fees.

if that option is avaliable to you it does work quite well.[/quote]

I dont understand - do you mean you have something set up like Mailboxes Etc? I thought that was the same thing as a PO box and Biotest wont ship?

NEW SNAG

I cant even order T-Nation products into Alberta at all. The online form wont recognize Alberta as a legit destination. The previous issues with some govt official created this whole mess. I will find out more and update this thread.

This hurts my brain

Thats not a new snag.
There’s been ZERO shipping to Alberta for awhile now. Apparently too many packages were being rejected so Biotest just said fuck it.

[quote]sublime wrote:
NEW SNAG

I cant even order T-Nation products into Alberta at all. The online form wont recognize Alberta as a legit destination. The previous issues with some govt official created this whole mess. I will find out more and update this thread.

This hurts my brain[/quote]

I was going to ask you about that. I thought I recalled there being a problem with Biotest sending to Alberta. Due to customs…

[quote]sublime wrote:

I dont understand - do you mean you have something set up like Mailboxes Etc? I thought that was the same thing as a PO box and Biotest wont ship?

[/quote]

Using MailBoxes International in Blaine WA, you use their address and you just use your name as the addressee. It does not say PO BOX anywhere in the address, so it appears that it is just going to a regular street address. I suppose that’s fine with Biotest. The people at MB International sign for stuff, so perhaps that’s the important factor?

|/ 3Toes

Just chiming in, my last ordering experience was great…dealing with the FedEx issue, I think there was a box to select a FedEx economy option for 13 bucks or so towards the end of the online form. My stuff arrived within a few days with a $15CAD tax addition. Much better than the $50 shipping option, oui?.

Cool. I might have to drive down to Montana and get something set up.

I was under the assumption the Alberta thing was over because USPS was the new carrier. But there is no USPS carrier yet AND there is no resolution with the Alberta issue.

This whole thing is crazy - and there is no such thing as Alberta Customs either. Canadian Customs are federal. It sounds like some govt jackass working in Alberta singled out Biotest for some reason and now has created permanent problems.

Thankfully I live 2 miles from the border and have a address to ship Biotest products there. Before I moved here I had the big Fedex bills and Canada Customs siezed some product. It has some benefits to live so close to our neighbors to the south.

[quote]kpm436 wrote:
Thankfully I live 2 miles from the border and have a address to ship Biotest products there. Before I moved here I had the big Fedex bills and Canada Customs siezed some product. It has some benefits to live so close to our neighbors to the south. [/quote]

What happened after the product was seized? Did they send you notice and were you able to get the items released? I am trying to figure out as much as I can about this gong show. Our govt is a mess.

I got a notice when I received the remainder of my order. It was in the box telling me that they seized it. I contacted someone at Canada Customs as instructed but was told I was out the supplements. This was 2-3 years ago so the details are a little foggy.

[quote]kpm436 wrote:
I got a notice when I received the remainder of my order. It was in the box telling me that they seized it. I contacted someone at Canada Customs as instructed but was told I was out the supplements. This was 2-3 years ago so the details are a little foggy.

[/quote]

Sorry to ask again but I am trying to get as much info as possible.

1. Do you remember the product(s) that were seized?

2. Do you remember if they let some supps pass and seized others? Or was the entire shipment seized?

3. DO you remember what they said about the seizure?

4. Where in Canada were you living at the time?

I need to get my facts straight so I can battle with Customs.

USPS is far superior to any other shipper for us canucks. I never paid duties or taxes when stuff was shipped with USPS. Only reason I wont buy is that I dont feel like paying 30$ US shipping, duties and taxes and the fact that I dont know if it will make it to me. I cant afford to throw money away. Please T-Nation get us USPS shipping, we want your products, we want to give you our money, but return us a favour and get us USPS!!! PLEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!

[quote]sublime wrote:
kpm436 wrote:

Sorry to ask again but I am trying to get as much info as possible.

1. Do you remember the product(s) that were seized?

2. Do you remember if they let some supps pass and seized others? Or was the entire shipment seized?

3. DO you remember what they said about the seizure?

4. Where in Canada were you living at the time?

I need to get my facts straight so I can battle with Customs.
[/quote]

I had some MD6 seized. I was living in PEI at the time. They let the rest of the order come to me. They said it contained substances not permitted in Canada. (ephedra and some others that I don’t remember).

Some great news here for us canucks, but I’m still a little pissed about the initial US$ charge to get to the border. If I remember correctly, Tim Patterson hinted at a regular us post delivery that would be much cheaper for us, albeit a bit slower. This is from memory, so correct me if I’m wrong. Anybody has the latest news on that?