T Nation

Canadian Laws on Steroids?

What are the laws on purchasing steroids here in Canada? For example, 3 vials of Test E (I’m not sure if its different in each province).

I’ve heard a lot of contradicting info, such as it’s illegal to purchase / possess, or that it IS legal to purchase / possess but illegal to SELL.

It’s illegal to purchase a controlled substance.

Ask the pharmacist

It is a Schedule IV controlled substance. It is illegal to “seek or obtain” it, except from a licensed medical professional and then only if you have disclosed to said professional all attempts to obtain it in the last 30 days.

(iv) to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months, where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule IV; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable

(i) for a first offence, to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both, and

(ii) for a subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both.

My brother-in-law is a cop in Ontario, I could ask him if you need more information, but that might make him suspicious.

Thanks, I’ve heard a lot of contradicting information on the purchasing of steroids here in Canada, such as purchasing is OK, and posessing is OK, but not trafficking.

Also, sorry for the very quick topic, I didn’t have a lot of time before posting, otherwise I would’ve put more information / asked more instead of being so broad.

From what I believe, purchasing isn’t okay, nor is selling, but possession is okay so long as it’s not intended for personal use, of which if found in possession with needles, syringes, swabs etc. You’d have a hard time arguing it wasn’t for personal use

1 Like

I think I might just say I’m helping my dad with TRT if anything were to happen. Thanks for the info!

Tell them the steroids are for your pet dog, who has body dysmorphia:)

2 Likes

Unless you stockpile a lot of product, you probably are looking at a fine at most, honestly. For a first offence.