Canadian Election

NDP - always liked Jack Layton, but our shared love of Asian handjobs clinched my vote!

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
NDP - always liked Jack Layton, but our shared love of Asian handjobs clinched my vote![/quote]

I voted Conservative.

I don’t know why I bothered to vote, I’m in Richmond Hill and I think it’s been Liberal for like decades straight.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

NDP - always liked Jack Layton, but our shared love of Asian handjobs clinched my vote![/quote]

I voted Conservative.

I don’t know why I bothered to vote, I’m in Richmond Hill and I think it’s been Liberal for like decades straight.[/quote]

Voted, thanks for the reminder btw.
Conservative too.
I didn’t realize until I got there (the polls) that the names are last first and first last. Never even realized that Ed Fast would become Fast Ed (Fast Eddie ftw!)

LOL. every one of your post is funny. I like you

I voted Bloc Quebecois by the way. NPD was my second choice but it seems it was the first choice of alot of people here.

Holy crap! The conservative guy running my area actually won.

I’m really surprised as to how badly the Liberal and Bloc did.

Charlie Horse, you sound like you’re from Abbotsford.

[quote]Shipshape wrote:
Charlie Horse, you sound like you’re from Abbotsford.[/quote]

Yep.

Where in BC are you from?

His love for unreliable, overpriced Stealth fighters is equaled only by his love of furry, adorable kittens.

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:

Secondly, our marginal tax rate is barely higher than yours, yet we provide a myriad of services that your country doesn’t, yet you make that sound like a bad thing? Our financial priorities are different, but so is our culture.

People are just like corporations, they need investment to grow, and the lack of investment in people is (IMO) the reason for United States continued decline in the global stage. Don’t look to corporations to act outside of they’re own short-run interests.

Government is supposed to be “for the people” not the corporation.

[/quote]

Good stuff.

Abbotsford.

I don’t understand why people are diametrically opposed to the purchase of the fighter jets. We need to upgrade from the CF-18 which was manufactured in the late 1970’s. People don’t take into account that as aircraft age the price of maintenance rises exponentially, especially in high performance fighter jets.

Edit: I realize they are expensive, as are most military purchases, and that there will be a multitude of controversies that arise with such expenses, but it has to be done sooner or later, no?

I voted NDP btw.

can somebody give me an crashcourse in canadian politics? It would be highly appreciated.

as a start, what does NDP stands for? and what are theire main issues.

Thanks in advance from floriboy.

It stands for New Democrat Party

Basically there are 3 main parties…

NDP - Left wing

Liberals - Left-centre

Conservatives - Right-Centre

Why do you care?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

NDP - Left wing

Liberals - Left-centre

Why do you care?[/quote]

I saw it as a chance to learn about canadian politics, but if that bothers you canadians
I`l gtfo of this thread.

I thought this book was funny, not just politics it has some history and a little about our government too. Light slightly informative reading.

Written by a Canadian btw. :slight_smile:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

NDP - Left wing

Liberals - Left-centre

Why do you care?[/quote]

I saw it as a chance to learn about canadian politics, but if that bothers you canadians
I`l gtfo of this thread.

[/quote]

I voted Conservative. Voted in Calgary SW, so I got to put a nice little X next to Stephen Harper’s name :slight_smile:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

NDP - Left wing

Liberals - Left-centre

Why do you care?[/quote]

I`l gtfo of this thread.

[/quote]

Not bothered, just curious as to why a guy from Norway has interest in a Canadian politics. Ask away.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

NDP - Left wing

Liberals - Left-centre

Why do you care?[/quote]

Liberals gets elected by presenting themselves as left-center but govern like right-center
conservative are right, not right-center