Canadian Al Qaeda

JTF,

Hopefully the evidence will come out to support these allegations.

Howabout we wait until we have a trial before we get all excited about these things.

It’s not like were shipping them off to GITMO for storage or anything.

Anyway, strangely, the fact they were going after the Prime Minister, taking over the CBC and otherwise going to wreak havoc is pretty interesting. I hope we get this in court and have clear evidence to back it up.

I suspect we do. We’ll see. I hope we do. People do need to realize the danger that radical fundamentalism presents to society, of whatever stripe, and find ways to ensure that it is rooted out.

As long as we don’t get the “they hate us for who we are” baloney. That stops us from taking the actions we need to solve the problem, instead leading us into increased hatred and conflict, which of course can be the goal of some governments also.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:

Headhunter wrote:
They are in Afghanistan.

Oh, right. There ya go. It’s amusing that you labeled them as “peaceful” despite being aware of this.

[/quote]

They are a ‘Peacekeeping’ force.

I suppose you’d view someone confronting evil as a warmonger.

Keep writing, I like getting a good ab workout in!

HH

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

You’re a joke, and I don’t buy for a second that you’re truly getting a belly laugh out of anything posted on this forum. I do think it entertains you, but that can be said for anyone here, myself included.

What is the significance of using the term “peace keepers” when they have invaded and occupied a foreign country? If Chinese troops were deployed to YOUR city as “peace keepers”, would you be unconcerned?

Seriously, what the hell kind of idiocy is this?

Go reply to my post on the other thread.

Check this link out. According to this Canadian news service, the terrorists ‘represent the broad strata of our community’ .

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1149371435839

It seems they are struggling to find what links the 17, what ties them together! Hint: look at their names.

This sort of PC bullshit, not speaking the obvious truth, makes my blood boil.

Headhunter wrote:

You’re a joke, and I don’t buy for a second that you’re truly getting a belly laugh out of anything posted on this forum. I do think it entertains you, but that can be said for anyone here, myself included.

What is the significance of using the term “peace keepers” when they have invaded and occupied a foreign country? If Chinese troops were deployed to YOUR city as “peace keepers”, would you be unconcerned?

Seriously, what the hell kind of idiocy is this?

Go reply to my post on the other thread.[/quote]

Why bother? (My ab workout is over.)
You simply have no understanding of power, of megapolitics, or of history. Ever heard of a thing called ‘The Hundred Years War’? Of the Pusan Perimeter? Read about the ‘Dog’ on Omaha Beach? Who was the Emperor Caracalla? Why did British stocks soar after the battle of Omduran? What’s a Boer (other than you)?

Shoo, fly. You bother me.

HH

From that article linked above…

For the boys who played basketball with Fahim Ahmad, they believed the charges are simply wrong. And the mother of a 24-year-old who was already dealing with the fact that her son was in jail on gun charges, was devastated by the terrorism charges. “I did not bring up my children in Canada to teach them to kill,” Yasin Abdi Mohamed’s mother said yesterday.

I don’t think they are trying to be PC so much as showing it’s the son of a doctor, in one case, and parents that were here with the hope of having a peaceful life.

What this really points to, is that we have some hardline imams or whatever the hell those fanatics want to call themselves teaching a radical interpretation of Islam, or that there are some very powerful propaganda sites on the 'net.

With Canada’a anti-hate laws, maybe we can ban the Koran?

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
Check this link out. According to this Canadian news service, the terrorists ‘represent the broad strata of our community’ .

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1149371435839

It seems they are struggling to find what links the 17, what ties them together! Hint: look at their names.

[/quote]

I agree 100%.

Hey Vroom-

They found out your secret.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

*just kidding :wink:

[quote]deanosumo wrote:

[/quote]

The media is pretty useless in that respect, but I’m seriously getting tired of the apologist and denial BS that - although the media partially contributes to it - emanates for the most part from the Muslim community. Here’s a couple quotes:

"The press is so hell-bent on making sure Christianity and state remain separate, yet when it comes to other religions, why do we think the religion and the politics cannot be separated?‘’

Hmm maybe because Christianity is not at the center of international terrorism?

"If we isolate it as a Muslim issue we will never find a resolution, because it is not a Muslim issue,‘’ said Siddiqui, who’s also a member of the board of the Canadian Council on American-Islamic Relations.

That quote in particular blew my mind.

both from: http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060607/terror_imams_060607?hub=CTVNewsAt11&s_name=&no_ads=

I’ve been reading the news and listening to a few call in shows quite a bit these last few days and this attitude seems to be frighteningly prevalent throughout the Islamic community. How are they supposed to rectify the problem when half of them won’t even recognize it?

They did it because they’re living in poverty caused by Zionist America and the Isreali’s!!!

[quote]TVG wrote:
They did it because they’re living in poverty caused by Zionist America and the Isreali’s!!![/quote]

That can be a factor but the House of Saud’s oppression of Saudis and their funding of Wahabi schools coupled with high Saudi unemployement are the largest factors.

We should have invaded Saudi Arabia instead and taken control of their oil fields.

Not psychic – just extremely cynical…

[quote]JustTheFacts wrote:
I was being cynical about the three tons of fertilizer since all the previous articles talked about how they were apparently so organized that they somehow were able to amass this huge amount of ammonium nitrate “under the radar”. The truth of course comes out that the RMCP provided AND transported it.

The comparison to OKC was classic terror propaganda – you saw what ONE TON could do, now imagine THREE TONS. The question is, could they have even accumulated three ton on their own without attracting MAJOR suspicion?

This is HIGHLY regulated stuff:
South Carolina Fertilizer Permitting and Security
Training Manual

http://fscs.clemson.edu/acrobat/Restricted_Fertilizer_Training_Manual.803.pdf[/quote]

Fertilizer is easy to store, but hard to buy
Jun 7, 2006
For anyone except a commercial farmer, however, ammonium nitrate fertilizer is not easy to buy, MacQuarrie said from his Winnipeg office.

The country’s two manufacturers last year decided voluntarily, for security reasons, to stop making the product, he said, referring to Agrium and the J.R. Simplot Company of Brandon, Man.

Industrial ammonium nitrate has always been strictly regulated and the agricultural industry recently introduced new security programs for the fertilizer, both Sykes and MacQuarrie said.

Suspects seem strictly second-rate
Jun 7, 2006
The arrests also come at a time when Parliament is conducting a mandatory five-year review of Canada’s new anti-terror laws. Before the arrests, there was a possibility that parliamentarians might recommend that the Harper government ease up on some of those laws. That now seems unlikely.

Internet may have played role in bomb plot
June 6, 2006
Police believe the suspects in the alleged bomb plot in Toronto may have been part of a growing trend of cyber-jihadism.

Canadian authorities estimate there are as many as 4,500 jihadist websites, and they’ve become the main networking tool for radicals.

It is uncensored terrain and authorities say it is growing fast.

There are calls to arms, even step-by-step instructions, from how to make an explosive to where a suicide bomber should stand in a crowded bus for maximum impact.
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/06/06/plotinternet06062006.html

Wiesenthal Center official: Internet co-opted by terrorist groups
Jerusalem Post
Jun. 4, 2006
The Internet has emerged as “the virtual university of terrorism,” the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s Rabbi Abraham Cooper told a high-level international conference in Brussels last week.

“Without any doubt, the Internet today has been co-opted by terrorist groups who present to all of us existential threats,” he said, “and I believe we are only at the very beginning in civil society of grasping the enormity of that challenge.”

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
You simply have no understanding of power, of megapolitics, or of history. Ever heard of a thing called ‘The Hundred Years War’? Of the Pusan Perimeter? Read about the ‘Dog’ on Omaha Beach? Who was the Emperor Caracalla? Why did British stocks soar after the battle of Omduran? What’s a Boer (other than you)?

Shoo, fly. You bother me.[/quote]

So basically, your entire “debate strategy” is to ignore everything which goes against your point of view and claim victory before the first shot is even fired. Hmm, I see. I suppose I should have expected as much from a dedicated follower of the neocon ideology (you’ll probably find it completely irrelevant that I could have phrased this line as an insult, but chose not to).

I know you’re not keen on responding to anything brought up by people you disagree with, but let me ask you a simple question in the hopes that you will make an exception:

What, exactly, are you here for? Is it just for the so-called “ab workout”, or is there any other purpose whatsoever to posting on an online discussion forum frequented by others who don’t necessarily share your views on all issues?

Another thing: can you teach me how to shrug off entire schools of academic thought with one superbly arrogant and completely vacuous sentence?

P.S. Please don’t bring up any more random historical anecdotes devoid of any semblance of context. I mean, that tactic is just plain scary. You’re intimidating me. Don’t be a bully.

Hiroshima
Genghis Khan
Adolf Hitler
Horatio Nelson
Knights of Malta
Peter the Great
ARGHGHGH

Sorry, I don’t know what happened there. But I’m pretty sure I just won the argument. Close the thread now, eh?

Headhunter wrote:

Shoo, fly. You bother me.

So basically, your entire “debate strategy” is to ignore everything which goes against your point of view and claim victory before the first shot is even fired. Hmm, I see. I suppose I should have expected as much from a dedicated follower of the neocon ideology (you’ll probably find it completely irrelevant that I could have phrased this line as an insult, but chose not to).

I know you’re not keen on responding to anything brought up by people you disagree with, but let me ask you a simple question in the hopes that you will make an exception:

What, exactly, are you here for? Is it just for the so-called “ab workout”, or is there any other purpose whatsoever to posting on an online discussion forum frequented by others who don’t necessarily share your views on all issues?

Another thing: can you teach me how to shrug off entire schools of academic thought with one superbly arrogant and completely vacuous sentence?

P.S. Please don’t bring up any more random historical anecdotes devoid of any semblance of context. I mean, that tactic is just plain scary. You’re intimidating me. Don’t be a bully.

Hiroshima
Genghis Khan
Adolf Hitler
Horatio Nelson
Knights of Malta
Peter the Great
ARGHGHGH

Sorry, I don’t know what happened there. But I’m pretty sure I just won the argument. Close the thread now, eh?[/quote]

ARGHGHGH? What is that?

I ignored answering you because your arguments lack any sort of depth. Just as I ignore the opinions of an undereducated 16 year old, I ignore your arguments.

Example: If I said that Hitler was one of the most unselfish individuals who ever lived, you wouldn’t even begin to fathom why I said such a thing and would begin flaming. That is shallow.

Hitler was ‘unselfish’ in that he needed other selves (victims) to accomplish what he desired. A truly selfish man does not need other people in any sort of primary way. Leonardo could paint or sculpt and his work would be beautiful whether anyone else ever gazed upon it.

So, unless you plan on arguing with me on a philosophic plane, your arguments are simply shallow and lack depth. Being selfish, I choose to not waste my time answering. (Today was a rare exception; ordinarily, I wouldn’t bother responding to you at all.)

Headhunter

H2 doesn’t like to talk to people using the same the language everyone else does…

He thinks it means he’s smart.

[quote]vroom wrote:
H2 doesn’t like to talk to people using the same the language everyone else does…

He thinks it means he’s smart.
[/quote]

“Mother Vroom, what’s that farting noise coming up from your basement?”

HH

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

HH
[/quote]

Unfortunately, you are about as funny as you are smart…

[quote]vroom wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

HH

Unfortunately, you are about as funny as you are smart…[/quote]

“There it is again. What the hell is that?”

LOL! C’mon Vroomie, Nominal and/or Ordinal Prospect is a whackjob! Just having a little fun…

Smile, its a beautiful day, school is done for 2 months, my part-time business is booming (I may get to quit teaching! Yay!!) and the sun is shining, even in Canada.

God bless us, everyone!!

H2