T Nation

Canadian AAS Bust

Internet Steroid Distribution Operation Dismantled
TORONTO, Oct. 9 /CNW/ - On October 4, 2007 RCMP executed search warrants
in Toronto in connection to an international steroid distribution operation.
Police seized a small amount of steroids, a large amount of steroid
paraphernalia used in packaging and distribution, and over $100,000 cash.
Charged with Exporting a Controlled substance and Possession of
Prohibited Weapon is Vladimir ZARETSKI, 29 years old, of North York.
The case was initiated by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration in
2006 under the name Operation Raw Deal. It targeted the global underground
trade of anabolic steroids over the internet. The RCMP and DEA entered into a
co-operative investigation named Operation Powder Keg which investigated
targets in Canada. The investigation revealed that steroid Internet message
boards and chat rooms were utilized to sell the steroids. Efforts were made to
keep business transactions anonymous to avoid detection. The danger in
purchasing steroids from Internet chat rooms is there is no regard for product
safety and mislabeling is common. The RCMP continues to investigate further
leads in Canada. Superintendent Ron Allen, Officer in Charge of GTA Drugs
states the use of the internet to commit drug offences is a trend that
authorities in both countries are aware of and are working in conjunction to
address." The accused next court date is October 15 at Old City Hall.

For further information: Sgt.STEFUREAK, GTA Drug Section, (905)

Any idea what lab?

But we will continue to force an irrational ban on steroids and testosterone because it's a convenient platform for politicians looking to score easy points, while doctors hand out estrogen supplements like they were candy, in spite of the various health issues that have cropped up due to them.

God forbid that issues with product safety and mislabeling should be handled by legalization.

In Canada, Steroids are a Schedule IV drug, meaning it's legal to possess them, but illegal to try and buy or sell them. Nice little legal knotwork, isn't it?

Still, it's nebulous classification gives me hope that a sufficiently organized group could make inroads in changing legislation. Let's face it: the potheads have made pretty big leaps in the last 10+ years due to fighting the propaganda and constantly pushing. How the Hell is it that weightlifters who normally work responsible positions in society have managed to allow themselves to be bullied, and remained less organized, than the potheads?

bump for this ?

Well said, man after my own heart!...

The funny part is that I'm not a user. Never have been. Lifelong natural, though the temptation's certainly been there. After spending the last year and change reading up on these issues, however, digging up the truth for myself, and deciding that I'd like access to steroids and/or test to maintain my health as I age, I've become incensed by the propaganda that's spouted regarding steroids.

Time to start laying the pressure on politicians.

Not strange at all IMHO...You are simply a realist with critical thinking skills, unfortunately admirable qualities in short supply among the general populace these days...

Are you sure about this? I had never heard this but it does make for some interesting legal thought. For instance, if someone "gave" you a supply, would that still fit the definition? Interesting....

If you give someone a supply I think that would be considered trafficking wouldn't it? I'm also pretty sure the police can confiscate steroids.

Not what I meant. I meant that if you were sent something, in the mail say, and had not paid for it, you wouldn't technically be buying the goods. Take Bushy's experiment for instance. Now if Steroids do fall under a Schedule IV class where possession is not illegal, then picking up the package wouldn't be a crime.

Also, if it's not illegal to possess, then, no, the police cannot confiscate them unless, yes, you are trafficking. I imagine it would be like in the UK with personal use being legal. Of course, it makes sense that our law follows that of the UK.