Canada Care Is in Trouble!

Dr. Anne Doig, the incoming president of the Canadian Medical Association, said her countryâ??s health care system is â??sickâ?? and â??imploding,â?? the Canadian Press reported.

â??We know there must be change,â?? Doig said in a recent interview. â??Weâ??re all running flat out, weâ??re all just trying to stay ahead of the immediate day-to-day demands.â??

Canadaâ??s universal health care system is not giving patients optimal care, Doig added. When her colleagues from across the country gather at the CMA conference in Saskatoon Sunday, they will discuss changes that need to be made, she said.

â??We all agree the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize,â?? she said.

Current president of the CMA, Dr. Robert Ouellet, will make a presentation at the conference about his findings when he toured Europe in January, and met with health groups in several countries.

Ouellet has said that â??competition should be welcomed, not feared,â?? meaning private health insurance should have a role in the public health system.

Doig said she isnâ??t sure what kind of changes will be proposed when the conference wraps up, but she does know that changes have to come â?? and fast. She said she understands that universal health care, while good in some ways, has not always been helpful for sick people or their families.

“(Canadians) have to understand that the system that we have right now â?? if it keeps on going without change â?? is not sustainable,” Doig said.

No worries. America will do it better because we’re the bestest!!

It’s all the old people. I’m fucking telling you, it’s the old people. Old being over 60.
It’s their fault.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
It’s all the old people. I’m fucking telling you, it’s the old people. Old being over 60.
It’s their fault.[/quote]

Yeah why don’t they just do there patriotic duty an die right?

Personnally I always had good experience with healthcare.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Personnally I always had good experience with healthcare.[/quote]

Same here.

[quote]Reef wrote:
jasmincar wrote:

Same here. [/quote]

Break a hip and then let us know how you feel about that…

[quote]jawara wrote:
Reef wrote:
jasmincar wrote:

Same here.

Break a hip and then let us know how you feel about that…[/quote]

Does breaking an arm count :D?

I’ve had no trouble with healthcare here in Canada even when I broke my arm.

Again how many of you are elderly? Is reading comprehension in Canada in trouble too?

Right now just like in every other nationalized health care countries the elderly are getting screwed over. I find it amazing that they are now going to be begging insurance companies to come back. To tell you the truth if I was an insurance company I would tell them to go fuck themselves, they did this to themselves let them deal with it.

Edit*

[quote]jawara wrote:
Reef wrote:
jasmincar wrote:

Same here.

Break a hip and then let us know how you feel about that…[/quote]

I broke my collar bone and I had no problem. I’ve had to get stitches and I had no problem. I’ve had to get MRI’s, X-rays, and still, no problem.

Even if I had to wait a while, at least there’s no chance I’d go bankrupt or be in serious debt.

[quote]Reef wrote:
Even if I had to wait a while, at least there’s no chance I’d go bankrupt or be in serious debt.[/quote]

If you get cancer you might be dead though before someone treats you.

[quote]orion wrote:
Reef wrote:
Even if I had to wait a while, at least there’s no chance I’d go bankrupt or be in serious debt.

[/quote]

But at least he wont be broke

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Personnally I always had good experience with healthcare.[/quote]

Nobody had a problem with the service on the Titanic, either.

[quote]orion wrote:
Reef wrote:

[/quote]

One of my cousin’s cousins (not related to me by blood) was diagnosed with Leukemia a few months ago. The next DAY after his diagnosis, he was admitted to the best Cancer care hospital in Canada and started immediately on chemo and he’s doing great now.

When I say “wait”, I’m talking about non-life threatening conditions.

lol

everyone says healthcare in Canada was good for them, and you from USA tries to tell us that it is not good. ?? Obviously you dont know shit. We have one of the best healthcare in the world and I am happy to live here. All this disinformation dont do anything

two of my grand-parent had cancer and they got treated for it.

Your own people are telling you its collapsing around you.

And its the same people who told you you needed to nationalize it.

Edit*

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
lol

everyone says healthcare in Canada was good for them, and you from USA tries to tell us that it is not good. ?? Obviously you dont know shit. We have one of the best healthcare in the world and I am happy to live here. All this disinformation dont do anything

two of my grand-parent had cancer and they got treated for it.[/quote]

Exactly. Who should we believe about our healthcare? Americans who have never experienced and are against government-run healthcare, or us Canadians who have actually experienced it?

[quote]John S. wrote:
Your own people are telling you its collapsing around you.

And its the same people who told you you needed to nationalize it.

Edit*[/quote]

That’s fine. But MY experience has been good. I was just sharing my opinion.