Can You Lift It? Yes I Can!

Yeah mann, did a collab with five finger death punch a while back. Thats my squad right there

1 Like

Pause squats with 330, 350, 375, and 395 (yeah I had to convert it, otherwise it doesn’t count haha)? Hey…fuck you bud! Haha damn, man that’s awesome.

3 Likes

haha thanks, it sounds more impressive when converted though…

Thursday workout: Front squat fun
I’ve never been good at front squats (always fall forward). I normally squat in flats but I grabbed some addidas powerlift shoes and give them another run.

Front squats: 5x3 @ 80,90,100(previous max),110,120Kg. 1 @ 130Kg
Squat bar squats ( not sure about weight, going to number it as a normal bar): 3x5 @ 100kg

Accessory:
Chin ups and dip circuit, 60 reps as fast as possible @ BW took roughly 8 minutes.

Cable curls and face pulls.

Notes:
Doms still hanging around from previous workout.
Lighter loads made a good change of pace, upper back and quads are a bit knackered though.

4 Likes

The squat bars we’ve got are 25 kg. One is bent, one isn’t. The good one still has the Texas logo on the ends of the sleeves. Nice work on the FS PR.

1 Like

Thanks.
To be honest I was just expecting to face plant, which is what normally happens when I FS. They’d make a good accessory movement, don’t know how I feel about having to change shoes (cheat) lol

1 Like

Its a cambered/duffalo bar now. enjoy your fancy bars you lucky…

Isn’t there some adidas weightlifting shoes with some weird lacing system you can pop the thingy and it loosens in a second and to put it on you push down the thingy and twist to tighten. Takes two seconds either way.

1 Like

Haha there probably is, I was kidding anyway. However my workout does consist of me mostly standing inside a rack…

Time to take it to the next level mane: buy Mark Bell’s STrong Slingshot Seat to sit on between sets. Scientifically proven to improve lifting. Get yours now for an introductory price of $100 USD

2 Likes

No, it’s only slightly bent and not in the centre so it’s just a bit of a pain to adjust to. Jez has a bow bar he’d probably let me use if I asked nicely though. I won’t talk about the SSB, American press bar or DL bar…

Sunday workout: Squat focus
got to the gym an hour later than I wanted.

Squats: 40 reps @ 165Kg (5-5-5-5-5-5-4-3-3)

Accesory:
Pin press (from sticking point): 3x5 @ 50,60,70Kg

Facepulls

Notes:
Time to drop the reps back to 20 and increase the weight, 40 reps has been killing me.
somethings changed ( was able to tighten the belt down a buckle but weight hasnt gone anywahere) felt a bit sturdier under the bar.
Got the labourer at work to give me a hand moving some furniture, got on to the subject of gyms.
Told him I’d recently joined Elite and his response went something like this
Him: “thats the one near KFC yea?”
Me: “yeah”
Him: “That place is like separated in too two, there’s like the gym for normal people and then where all the big people go and lift all the max weights, you feel like you don’t belong there”

@MarkKO is that you lifting all the max werights?

3 Likes

Dont you and @MarkKO see each other in the gym because you both go to it? Or too different of a timetable?

1 Like

I haven’t been going there long and judging by the time he logs his workouts we go at completely different times

Fair enough, you might have to organise a training session sometime haha.

Some of them :joy:

Tuesday workout: Press focus

OHP: 40 reps @ 65Kg (5-5-4-4-4-3-3-3-3-3-2-1)

Accessory:
NG pull ups: 10 @ BW, 2x5 @ 10,20Kg

Hyperextensions, face pull and Knee raises superset

Notes:
40 reps is tough.
Today was not a good day to lift, hung round after work for a couple of beers.
Ate post workout out instead of pre but FUCKINGGGGGG nailed it (the workout) might not drink if I plan to lift next time though

3 Likes

Wednesday workout: Squat Technique + conditioning

Worked up to 180Kg for a few paused singles, backed of and played with depth, stance and bar placement.
Filmed myself and got someone to check my depth apparently its bang on parallel (right where I want it to be)

Kettle bell swings, push ups and BW Lunges circut x5

3 Likes

Thursday workout: Accessory

Dips: 4x10 @ BW,10,20,30Kg 1x5 @ 40kg
Snatch grip deadlift: 5x5 @ 140,150,160,170,180Kg

Facepulls and cable curl superset
Lateral raises

Notes:
Weighed in at 87Kg today, probably why my belt fits better.
Everything feels beat up AF but otherwise have been injury free lately.
The plan for the future is to start the next wave of TVT at the previous end (Squat 165Kg, OHP: 65Kg) and climb 10Kg (squat: 175Kg, OHP: 75Kg) in 2.5Kg increments starting at 20 reps. Then reset and add 5 more reps and repeat ( a slower climb this time).

Side rant:
I find it annoying that people are willing to make fun of people taking protein shakes or putting in effort in the gym but openly encourage heavy drinking (I’m not ragging on drinking lol I love a good sesh) but something that has massive health benefits is considered not normal and jokes are made if you engage in it, yet something that cause a magnitude of health problems/social issues is considered cool/actively endorsed.

3 Likes

I agree with this heaps man. This is like majority of kids at my school . Jeez people are stupid.

I don’t tell random people that I train, but I also like to be underestimated.

3 Likes