Can You Lift It? Yes I Can!

Unless the Hume floods again lol I won’t be going anywhere

1 Like

So got to Melbourne with the missus and the dog.
Trip was pretty uneventful, saw the dentist Friday morning so took it pretty easy and tonight we’re setting up for/attending a 60th.
So I’m planning to go down to the gym tomorrow evening with the old man and do a moderate full body sesh (depending on hangover status)
Then sneak in an quick session on Monday, maybe more accessory style work.

4 Likes

Where is you. What gyms?

1 Like

I’m down south (mentone) Mostly dandy Dohertys.
But a mate closer to the city said he wants to hit a gym sesh so I might drive somewhere sexy for that…

2 Likes

Sunday workout:
Pause squats: 4x3 @ 160kg
1x6 @ 160kg
NG pull-ups: 5x8 @ BW

Accessory:
Chest press machine, face pulls and lateral raises.

Notes:
So had a rough couple of days, drank to much the night before then spent the day helping dad around his house.
Sets of 3 on squats were fine enough but as soon as I attempted more.:face_vomiting:
This also applied to anything over 10 reps on accessory work.
Pushed through, will try not to drink to much at Christmas Eve dinner and head down later tonight.

5 Likes

Hope you have a great Christmas mate.

1 Like

Cheers mate, you too
and remember carbs don’t count tomorrow

1 Like

Monday workout:
Didn’t get to the gym, did some more work around the old man’s place again.

Circut training:
5 x pushups 20
BW squats 20
Plank 1 minute

Notes:
Nothing major but I got sweaty and a chest pump.
Merry Christmas everyone, hope you have a great holiday season

3 Likes

Friday workout:
Pause squats: 3 @ 150,160,170,160,150kg
NG pull-ups: 3x6 @ BW
RDLs: 5 @ 140,160,180kg

Accessory:
Chest press machine and facepulls

Notes:
Tried OHP but had a weakness in the left wrist, was able to use machine press without any issue though.squats felt relatively easy and dead lifts felt heavy but they moved smoothly enough.
So I’ve got a couple of days to free to check out a little of the vic high country and to see that the snorkel I got fitted to the 4WD does it’s job lol

5 Likes

The rivers and creeks would be quite low this time of year wouldn’t they?
Everything is bone dry here, would be nice to have the Vic High Country a little closer to get into some cooler weather. We can head to Beachport/ Robe area for some sand driving and cooler temps this time of year, although still over 30*C

1 Like

I actually got rained on lol It was pretty cool over night as well (I think Victoria forgot it was summer)
The rain was enough to add some mud to the tracks but not really affect the rivers.

1 Like

Monday workout:
Squats: 5 @ 140,150,160,170,160,150,140kg
NG pull-ups: 5x8 @ BW

Accessory:
Machine chest press, later raises, face pulls and shrugs.

Notes:
Last work out for 2018!
Was a weird workout today squat racks were occupied when I arrived.
One by some guys squatting and the other by a guy doing… Reverse wrist curls with the bar.
Seemed like a lot of people where in getting a workout/pump before heading out to celebrate.

High country notes:
Had a mad time, the moderate amount of rain made for more of a challenge but not so muddy you couldn’t drive anything.
Started out in big river state forest and traveled out towards alpine national park.
Some of the tracks were littered with fallen branches (glad I brought the tools with me).
Mostly ran tyres at about 20psi and was really happy with the new compress I got for Christmas, nothing wrong with the old one but it took 5 minutes to air back up one tyre (new one takes 30 seconds).

5 Likes

Sounds like a ripper time. Is the High Country in total fire bam this time of year ruling out camp fires?
What compressor did ya get? I got the huge double Thumper thing from Kings a while back, hard wired it into the back of the Jeep and it’s bloody awesome, quicker than my mates ARB

2 Likes

To be fair I didn’t even check but everyone around me had fires going.
That’s the one that’s like 300LPM yeah? Lol
That thing would be mad.
I’ve got the xtm one from bcf its not as fast as the thumper one but it’s a fair bit quicker (and larger) than my other one.

1 Like

Friday workout:
Squats: 7x5 @ 150kg.
OHP: 7x5 @ 60kg
Farmers walk: 6x whatever length the exterior area was @ 140kg
NG pull-ups: 5 @ BW,5,10,15kg

Accessory:
Face pulls and BW lunges to infinity and beyond

Notes:
Last work out before I head back to Canberra,
Went down to Dohertys with my bro who has recently discovered squats (or more accurately quarter squats)
He knows he can’t go that low but still thought it’d be a good idea to throw on more weight and rep it out.
Food was on the low side today, spend alot of time out looking at wedding venues.
Wrist help up alright when pressing but I won’t say it’s 100% yet.

6 Likes

Did you like the gym man.

Loved it. Possibly because it’s only $10 and staffed 24/7

3 Likes

Tuesday workout:
Log press: 5x9 @ 60kg
Good mornings: 3x8 @ 120kg
NG pull-ups: 2x8 @ BW

Accessory:
Incline chest press machine and face pulls.

Notes:
Pressing moved well, possibly because I got fatter over the holidays.
I’ll weigh in tomorrow to see what damage is done lol
Need to try and get back into a routine, I think 3 days a week is the sweet spot for me. Less and I fall out a routine and cbf, more and it feels like a chore and I lose interest.

2 Likes

Yeah just those two alone if pretty fucking awesome not even including everything else

Nice log pressing sir

1 Like