Can You Lift It? Yes I Can!

ha keep my knees nice and warm.

Do you feel like you he anything out of them other than warn knees ?

1 Like

Tuesday workout: weight: 83.2kg

Swiss bar OHP: 5 @ 49,51.5(forgot to put 2.5kg plate on one sde).59,64kg
3 @ 69kg (was supposed to be 5 but failed on the 4th rep)
AMRAP @ 39kg (35 reps)
Snatch grip DL: 5 @ 140,150,160,170kg
BOR: 3x20 @ 60kg

Accessory:

Facepulls

Notes:
Back felt much better, I can’t math so I ended up wonky pressing 51.5kg.
@simo74 am seriously considering joining Team bulk lol

1 Like

Just think if we all bulk together then we can also all get on the transformation thread next year and see what we can do. I say ‘do it, do it now.’

4 Likes

Not really its just comfortable, I’ve squatted without them a few times and it makes no real difference to the numbers

1 Like

I feel more stable with them. They make sure your knees track properly. They might add a few pounds to the lift depending on where you’re weakest. They add a little boost coming out of the hole.

They also provide a psychological effect. I’ve done a set without and then with the knee sleeves and everything felt better with them.

2 Likes

Thursday workout:

Pause squat: 2 @ 140,150,160kg
3x3 @ 145kg
Good mornings: 8 @ 80,90,100,110kg
Fat bar OHP: 10 @ 40,50,60kg

Accessory:

Loaded carries w\straps: 2 @ 90lbs dumbbells till my upper back fatigued.
Facepull supersets.

Notes:
So I haven’t been to the gym in 2 weeks.
Its been an interesting couple of weeks, First up I got shingles ( a name that belongs in the 15 hundreds).
Work decided to give me a pay rise ( That they promised me a year ago).
My Nanna passed away
and finally end of next week I’m off for a trip to Darwin.
seeing as I’ve already missed a fair bit of gym time I might try and squeeze some in while I’m up there.

workout itself was nothing special but it felt good to be moving some weight again.
Nothing felt too awkward.

7 Likes

Sorry for your loss mate. Hope you’re doing OK.

Nice on the raise, not so much on the herpes zoster (which I’m pretty sure is the Latin name for shingles). Enjoy Darwin.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss mate, condolences go out to your family

1 Like

Sorry to hear about our loss, glad you got a pay rise and shingles!! Do you work in a mine ?

1 Like

Well fuck. Part of that is really uncalled for :joy:

5 Likes

That’s what happens when you don’t punctuate correctly!! There is supposed to be a pause in there somewhere.

2 Likes

Well fuck lol :joy:
It’s not like they were a package deal.

3 Likes

Sorry for the loss.
Ripper on the pay rise, always a win. What you up to in Darwin? Starting to get hot and steamy up there soon.

1 Like

Yeah Painter Sorry for your loss man.
Hope you and the family are good.
Always nice with a little more to buy food for.

1 Like

Going to catch up with some friends and see some crocodiles lol

1 Like

Sunday training:

Pause squat: Nope, warmed up to 140kg and right groin area was feeling strained so I stopped there.
Goodmornings: 3x10 @ 80kg
NG pull ups: 6 @ BW,+10,+20,+10kg
3x10 @ BW
Chest press machine: 3x10 @ 60kg

Accessory:

Leg extension and facepull supersets.

Notes:
The DOM’s are real lol I think the Uncomfortable feeling around the right groin area is due to things being tight AF so it’ll calm down in a few days and as I get back into working out regularly shouldn’t be an issue.
@simo74 I’ll be down in Melbourne Tuesday/wednesday, might have to grab that thick shake :wink: lol

2 Likes

Be aware that it isn’t the Psoas that is strained. I had a strained psoas once, thought it was the groin.

1 Like

Thanks @mortdk. It’s feeling alright now albeit a little tighter than the left, I’ll just try stretch it out a bit and run an extended warm up next squat session and see how it holds up.

Talk about bad timing, I am getting on a plane this arvo and flying up to Sydney. Will be back on Thursday night.

2 Likes