T Nation

Can You Lift It? Yes I Can!

I don’t believe you!

You got me! I don’t mind thinking, but occasionally a break is nice.

I meant the SSB is more of a grunt movement than a technical one. You just find whatever way is comfortable and do that. Straight bar requires you to so a bunch of stuff.

I don’t like thinking either lol
But yeah it’s nice not have to have to worry as much about bar position and upper back tightness.

Thursday workout:

Pause squat: 1 @ 140,150,160,170kg
Goodmornings: 3x10 @ 80kg
Dips: 5x10 @ +10kg

Accessory:
Facepulls,cable curls, tricep pushdowns and leg extensions supersets.

Cardio:
Incline treadmill

Notes:
Oddly my lats, lower back, lower abs and front delts still had DOMs.
Everything moved well, this session was kind of cruisy.
didn’t eat so much pre workout today, still recovering from the damage done at the buffet yesterday.
Accessory work was on the high side and rest times were kept short.

Monday workout:

Squat: 2 @ 175kg ( wanted 3, first rep was solid and smooth, half way up on the second rep I lost position fucking savage about it)
10 @ 140kg
Pause squat: 30 seconds @ 120kg

Accessory:
Pause deadlift: 2 @ 140,160,180kg.
1 @ 200kg
Edit: RDL: 3x10 @ 120kg (30seconds rest)(can’t believe I forgot to add these)

low to high cable flys, cable curls and lateral raise superset.

Notes:
Still salty about the missed rep, if I hadn’t of lost position i would have had 3 solid reps.
Need to reconsider introducing creatine back into my diet and take a leaf out of @Irishman92 and @MarkKO’s book, bulk up and make some serious gains.

I can’t recommend it enough! I just finished a big feed of oven baked chicken, eggs and veges. Can barely move but I am so satisfied :smile:

How many calories you doing these days Irish

Love this, sounds like my weekend. Lol

Somewhere between a fair amount and a large amount… Haha I could definitely get more in but I’m gaining about a kg every 3 weeks. That will slow down now I’ve caught up to my previous strength and mass levels though. I don’t mind gaining some pudge either as it comes off me fairly easy.

I’ve counted calories once and that was enough for me. It was handy so that I have a rough idea but unless weight starts to stall or I put on heaps with no strength gains, I don’t need to count my calories IMO.

Sunday-tursday is $25 for all you can eat, got to make the most of it lol