Can You Lift It? Yes I Can!

That’s a tough one … hmm. Both very sexy I guess.

Doherty’s has all the machines, Iron Revolution only has the more Powerlifting and strongman stuff like the GHD and Reverse Hyper, and plenty of comp bars and calibrated plates. Strongman stuff as well tho nowhere near as much as Iron Revolution.

Iron Revolution has the better atmosphere. One moment you’re chilling with mates and the next everyone is behind and hyping up whoever is going for a big set.

Gonna give this one narrowly to Iron Revolution.

If you’re going to make the trip may as well take the extra 10 mins and go to Iron Revolution so I can see your big lifts in person. I go Friday arvos if you want advice on how to be sexy in all things from gym swag to gyms.

EDIT it’s all quite far tho. 40mins + on the freeway so turn it into a afternoon/evening trip minimum. Would recommend KFC for dinner.

3 Likes

Eh its better than calling your suburb “Tuggeranong”… I did see a lot of guys in cut offs today though…

3 Likes

Giant Feast best feast

1 Like

I definitely need advice in this field.

Ha I should have gone today.
A day trip based around the SHW lifestyle, why not.

1 Like

Unlucky.

If you are going to go google Iron Revolution for opening times. Lots of strongman stuff goes down on Saturday and that’s the most popular day too so probably the strongest dudes lifting then.

1 Like

Wednesday workout: Squats
Back in Canberra at Elite, got to the gym a bit later than I would have liked though.

Wasnt feeling the best but warm ups were moving well so decided to get back on track.

Squats: 20 reps @ 170kg (4-3-3-3-3-2-2)
and was spent.

Accesoory:
Matt pulls (from mid shin): 3 @ 160,180,200kg

Face pulls, tricep push downs and low to high cable flys.

Notes:
I think the constant drinking and lack of proper food is really starting to impact performance… but pavlova.
weight hasn’t changed though.

2 Likes

Friday workout: OHP fail

OHP: 20 reps @ 72.5kg (3-3-3(used small amount of leg drive on last rep.)-(Slight dip to get the bar moving from now on)3-3-2-(singles all done as full push press)1-1-1
AMRAP @ 42.5kg (14)

Accessory:
NG Pull ups: 8 @ BW, 3x5 @ 10kg, AMRAP @ BW (10)
Good mornings: 3x8 @ 80kg

Facepulls.

Notes:
Food and sleep hasn’t exactly been great over the holidays but I’m confident I’m working at to high a % on my press.
Will reconsider approach.
Music was on point again (Five finger death punch)

3 Likes

Tuesday workout: Fluff ‘n’ Stuff
Holidays over. Back at work, back to the usual time table (Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday)
Forgot I’m not a Body builder

Squats: 20 @ 130kg
Pause squats: 2 @ 140.150,160,170kg

Accessory:
NG pullups: 40 reps @ BW (10-10-10-5-5)
Dips: 2x20 @ 10kg

Facepulls and lateral raises

Notes:
My legs are Kaput. Its been a long time since I squatted above 10 reps (I rarely even get up to 10)
Air conditioning was broke too, so was sweatier than usual

3 Likes

Thursday workout:
Pause squat: 1 @ 150,160,170,180kg
Belt Squat machine: 3x15 @ 1 plate

Accessory:
Seated OHP in smith: 3x10 @ 60kg
Australian/fatman pullups: 3x10 @ BW

Facepulls, cable curls and low to high cable fly supersets

Notes:
First time using the belted squat machine, really felt my quads working.
Also in my new dictatorship i’m going to outlaw banded stretching in power racks.
Band around top of rack, legs in other end of band and upperback/neck on ground… Just sat there arse up in the air casually playing on her phone Dafuq

Edit:she was kind of good looking and wearing booty shorts

1 Like

Haha whaaaat?

POIIDH or PIIHB!

But did you get her number?

https://youtu.be/IHBLxCPmnVc

(4:30)

Lol that may have crossed my mind.

Haha I’m not that smooth… Actually I’m not smooth at all… :disappointed:

Learn from the slaya, you must

Tuesday workout:
So I didn’t manage to get to the gym at all this weekend.

Squats: 7(+4) @ 140kg (forgot to stop at 7), 5 @ 150kg, 3 @ 160kg.
NG pullups: 7(+3) @ BW, 5 @ 10kg, 3 @ 20kg
Dips: 7 @ 20kg, 5 @ 30kg, 3 @ 40kg

Accessory:
Back raises 15 @ BW,10,20kg

lateral raises, facepulls and low to Hi cable flys superset.

Notes:
Adopted a dog from DAS on the weekend ( domestic animal service)
2.5 year old Black staffy cross, will upload pictures once shes home.

4 Likes

Guinea Pig > Dog

1 Like

Right no lifting since Tuesday,
We got to collect the dog from DAS on Thursday.
Have been taking her for lots of walks around the area so I’ve switched to conditioning… cough
She’s just a bundle of love, anyway pictures

Will try and get to the gym this Arvo.

6 Likes

SuperD lower back protocol. It’s properly awesome. Sounds like Megan. She’s strong AF, also married. Reserved, but really nice once you get to know her. I’m handling one of her clients at a meet in Feb because she’s an IPF lifter and not allowed to coach at non IPF meets (dafuq).

Fair enough. It does look odd if you’re uninformed though. She seemed nice enough.

Damn IPF sounds pretty elitist

1 Like

They’re cunts. Especially here in Australia. I’ve heard in other countries they just do their thing and don’t go overboard but here and a few other places it’s a joke

1 Like